• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

BPx

Smash Lord
At what point do people get added to the "crew" post?

Can you add :lucas: and :zelda: to my secondaries please :)

But remove :wario:. I'm not worthy of that character.

Edit: Actually I lied. Leave :wario: on AND add :metaknight:
I'll eventually focus only on one, but I'm not sure which one it'll be. Gotta figure it out.

Stick with the Wario! Too mary pocket MKs around anyway :O

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
The Dilemma I have is this:

I'm realistically probably only going to play either of those characters specifically for Brinstar/Rainbow Cruise. Except for against other MKs, my MK has been doing much better than my Wario for me. And while MK is GREAT on both levels, I'm not sure if I'll be able to hack it with against an MK main on that level with a character I only play for that specific level. I know I can't do it currently for sure, but I'm uncertain if I'll be able to get to that point if I don't ever solely play MK in tourney for a while.

So if I'm going to be taking a loss on those stages regardless, I might as well use the superior ability of Wario to evade in order to condition opponents to chase me everywhere on my next counter pick.

MJG

Smash Hero
The Dilemma I have is this:

I'm realistically probably only going to play either of those characters specifically for Brinstar/Rainbow Cruise. Except for against other MKs, my MK has been doing much better than my Wario for me. And while MK is GREAT on both levels, I'm not sure if I'll be able to hack it with against an MK main on that level with a character I only play for that specific level. I know I can't do it currently for sure, but I'm uncertain if I'll be able to get to that point if I don't ever solely play MK in tourney for a while.

So if I'm going to be taking a loss on those stages regardless, I might as well use the superior ability of Wario to evade in order to condition opponents to chase me everywhere on my next counter pick.
A pocket MK doesn't make you a good one.

Just saiyan :bee:

DeLux

To be fair, maining MK might not make me have a good one either. Thus why I might just concede the point and play the run away challenge for 8 minutes.

Yes, I have my Fail Climbers, Scrubba Knight, LOLucas, and Waribad. And Zelda who words cannot describe.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I never said mine was good. It's just gay. Mine has done more than yours will ever do
And that is? Shuttle looping and grabbing the ledge? Okay, I'll admit you got me beat on that, but I'll grab the ledge one of these times.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Don't mind me... just testing out new stuffs on firefox4

:laugh:

This screen-cap/edit shiz is cool tho

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Lucas. I'm never changing my main again I can promise you that. My Lucas is slightly better then my Ness now, and I feel like he has way more potential at the moment. Lucas has better recovery options, stronger smash attacks, and a better range game. Hes a lot less "stiff" than Ness also. From here on out, it's Lucas forever.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. III (NOW featuring Justin Wong, Fubarduck, Lil Majin, and many more great players!) is coming up THIS SATURDAY in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~150 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! Players are coming in from at least California, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Arkansas!

Note that our tournament is now sponsored by Game On Apparel, Shadaloo.eu, Borderland Games, Broken Tier, and the Bat Cave, which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

DeLux

So I'll be moving to Socal on April 11 guys
I'll be in town to run my tournament, but after that I'm not exactly sure what's going on.

DeLux

Uhhh I'll be moving closer to the Ducks, but I'm not a huge hockey fan.
I'm more of a baseball and Dodger fan actually.

DeLux

Orange County. About 20 minutes from the Honda Center/Disney Land for the Ducks fans here

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Lucas. I'm never changing my main again I can promise you that. My Lucas is slightly better then my Ness now, and I feel like he has way more potential at the moment. Lucas has better recovery options, stronger smash attacks, and a better range game. Hes a lot less "stiff" than Ness also. From here on out, it's Lucas forever.
Ok, truthfully, I feared Ness more. In my opinion, (which isn't high because I just joined... so) I think your ness was overall better, you just use bad moves at bad time(aka pk flash and thunder.) and it leaves you wide open. Having absorber and an average psi fire, you definetly can play less offensively then you do.

Having Ness be one of my more favorite characters, I loved seeing you use him very well especially because I see more Lucas and less ness. But this is your decision so think whatever you want, I'm just stating an opinion to what looks like a rash decision.

Btw, guess who figured Out how the multiquote button too late XD

DeLux

Lucas is underrated imo. But he's also unviable.

He's a great low tier character, but he's just low tier. The low priority is such a huge issue to over come in the MK and Snake matchups especially, so it throws off the whole shield pressure game (that doesn't even take into consideration the shield frame drop traps don't work on MK because shuttleloop grounded is invincible if done correctly).

The trade off of the shield pressure also makes the grab game unviable as well. Having to IPG every grab attempt gets pretty annoying after a while. Sometimes I forget to shield grab with other characters because the trade off is so bad if I do it with him on instinct.

I am comfortable and love playing him in the low tiers, but as I main he can't hack it. Outside of the shield trap stuff, he's left with PK fire camping which isn't very great given the game tells you when to shield (hint: hit shield when you here "PK fire").

The wave bouncing stuff is sort of gimmicky and loses power if they break your pressure. The dtilt lock doesn't have a reliable setup (SDI/DI behind him) Lucas unless they can pivot a dtilt on landing which is harder than it sounds. Or you can tech it obviously.

Outside of that, all my kills come from hard read fsmashes using stutter steps. I don't think I use Usmash except out of the dtilt lock. Nor do I use dsmash except when they're on the ledges.

I didn't even get into the grab release problems. But I didn't want to beat a dead horse.

He's a freaking amazing character, just don't main him. Secondary him.

OH WTF. You meant Perfect Duck. No, I'm moving to SOCAL like I said.
I wasn't trolling, just a legit misunderstanding. You can ask Danny, I actually decided to move away from trolling you guys.

The Ducks are a team in Anaheim CA, which is like 15 minutes from my Parent's house. So I was confused as hell

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I didn't grow up in States so what state is it in.
In math that is Growing Up in Canada = not knowing major cities in US or KS, MO area= lowered common sense ;p.

DeLux

Socal is Southern California. Orange County is there. It's like 30 minutes from Los Angeles.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
(Lux) : Oh, well... select the right course I should answer.
That is (awesome/sucky). I hope you have a (good/bad) time there and you will enjoy the (permanent/ temporary) move. I know this is a ( good/bad) reason to move so stick too it and that you moved because ( work/ education/ other, explain________). In general I wish you a happy move.

It's the hottest thing since mad libs. YAY

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Being Canadian, i have to point of that Alaska is more westward and is a bigger State, though it can easily be corrected if you said the most populated in the west insted of Largest.
:awesome:

I'm correct if you assume I mean the Contiguous US.

And what's with you triple posting? Haven't you heard of the "Edit" button?

MJG

Smash Hero

I'm correct if you assume I mean the Contiguous US.

And what's with you triple posting? Haven't you heard of the "Edit" button?

Uh...

Ok, truthfully, I feared Ness more. In my opinion, (which isn't high because I just joined... so) I think your ness was overall better, you just use bad moves at bad time(aka pk flash and thunder.) and it leaves you wide open. Having absorber and an average psi fire, you definetly can play less offensively then you do.

Having Ness be one of my more favorite characters, I loved seeing you use him very well especially because I see more Lucas and less ness. But this is your decision so think whatever you want, I'm just stating an opinion to what looks like a rash decision.

Btw, guess who figured Out how the multiquote button too late XD
Hype.

DeLux

(Lux) : Oh, well... select the right course I should answer.
That is (awesome/sucky). I hope you have a (good/bad) time there and you will enjoy the (permanent/ temporary) move. I know this is a ( good/bad) reason to move so stick too it and that you moved because ( work/ education/ other, explain________). In general I wish you a happy move.
I'm not going to make up your mind or your opinion for you. You should decide for yourself.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
If only this person had shown us this thread several weeks ago.
Haha I'm gonna assume you're being sarcastic. Sorry to keep posting in your thread, but I just visited another thread where some guy said "you're only giving me two days notice!?" and he was the fourth post under my original post. :glare:

The reality is that gamers forget and honestly I'd rather be slightly annoying (posting a couple of times a month) than let a fellow gamer miss an opportunity to attend something that's supposed to be amazing. I hope you can understand. Sorry if it's a bit of an inconvenience though.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I'm assuming so. I remember they had a Melee tourney a few years ago and Mekos got top 3 in it, but couldn't get his prize because he wasn't a current student. Something about school policy

You should go so you can coach me on-site haha

DeLux

I have work off that day. I will :) :) :)

After if you wanted to play, we could as well

I think they had one like a month after the game came out. Or maybe it was just some student. I made a fat white kid who thought he was hot **** cry when I spammed Cstick Olimar.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Haha I was at that one, was it at McCollum? Where the guy just who spammed Wolf's lasers won the whole thing...

I remember I was ****** people with Peach, so they all just teamed up on me...

DeLux

Hmm.... maybe it wasn't officially school sponsored because I definitely won this tournament.

I don't know which dorm it was in because I didn't live there on the hill. But I don't think it was SUA, but it had a flier up at Wescoe so I went.

I kind of remember the SUA tournament and got the date mixed up and actually missed it, now that i think about it. I was mad. Then I went back to playing cstrike 1.6 haha

Is there a big basement at Lewis Hall? I think it was that one.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Yeah Lewis has a pretty big basement, though I have no idea how I missed that tourney then, since I was across the street at Templin back then.

Anyway, maybe before the tourney on Wednesday we could play some, if you're free. I get out of class at 2:30 (usually way before) and won't have anything to do except go back to Topeka for 4 hours. Might as well practice to **** some scrubs

Top Bottom