• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Ummm I just noticed I have a test at 4 in Lenexa that day. I'll be done in time for the tourney, but I could only play after :(

Teh Future

Smash Master
Lucas is underrated imo. But he's also unviable.

He's a great low tier character, but he's just low tier. The low priority is such a huge issue to over come in the MK and Snake matchups especially, so it throws off the whole shield pressure game (that doesn't even take into consideration the shield frame drop traps don't work on MK because shuttleloop grounded is invincible if done correctly).

The trade off of the shield pressure also makes the grab game unviable as well. Having to IPG every grab attempt gets pretty annoying after a while. Sometimes I forget to shield grab with other characters because the trade off is so bad if I do it with him on instinct.

I am comfortable and love playing him in the low tiers, but as I main he can't hack it. Outside of the shield trap stuff, he's left with PK fire camping which isn't very great given the game tells you when to shield (hint: hit shield when you here "PK fire").

The wave bouncing stuff is sort of gimmicky and loses power if they break your pressure. The dtilt lock doesn't have a reliable setup (SDI/DI behind him) Lucas unless they can pivot a dtilt on landing which is harder than it sounds. Or you can tech it obviously.

Outside of that, all my kills come from hard read fsmashes using stutter steps. I don't think I use Usmash except out of the dtilt lock. Nor do I use dsmash except when they're on the ledges.

I didn't even get into the grab release problems. But I didn't want to beat a dead horse.

He's a freaking amazing character, just don't main him. Secondary him.
what game are you talking about i dont even know whats happening

DeLux

That one with Lucas in it?

idk dude

I love Lucas. So much Flash

Smash Lord
I'm assuming so. I remember they had a Melee tourney a few years ago and Mekos got top 3 in it, but couldn't get his prize because he wasn't a current student. Something about school policy

You should go so you can coach me on-site haha
If I can participate in this I would very much like to do so. If anyone can get back to me on this I'd appreciate it.

Last night I found out that I can dair --> Waveshine --> Waveshine --> repeat indefinitely --> Usmash with fox.

I used to think that stuff was impossible. I'm kind of proud of myself and actually a bit happy for once.

DeLux

I think you're in the wrong thread quote.

Fox doesn't waveshine in Brawl.

DeLux

I'm sorry SWF

[3/29/2011 8:14:24 PM] DeLux: just embed a URL of rebecca black friday
[3/29/2011 8:14:29 PM] DeLux: somewhere on the page
[3/29/2011 8:14:41 PM] DeLux: because april fools is on friday
[3/29/2011 8:14:50 PM] RocketPSIence: I almost got infracted for embedding her song on autoplay
[3/29/2011 8:14:58 PM] BioSonic: shouldn't have done that imo
[3/29/2011 8:15:01 PM] BioSonic: like I said imo!
[3/29/2011 8:15:03 PM] RocketPSIence: ppl need to lrn2adblock
[3/29/2011 8:15:07 PM] RocketPSIence: lmao
[3/29/2011 8:15:56 PM] DeLux: lol

Smash Lord
did you mean to say avril fools? cause if not, that's quite the freudian slip...
Umm. I saw the forum do weird things to words yesterday and thought I could dodge having that happening by intentionally misspelling it. April fools day is one thing that I thought they would screw with for sure so I just proxied a random consonant without giving it a second thought.

considering what averil just said in the wichita thread
I honestly had no clue what was going on. I don't really ever read the wichita thread unless I'm planning on being down there for one of Mr. Dooms bi-weeklies.

Smash Lord
Too late. I kinda skimmed through it before finishing that last post.

No offence guys, but listening to stuff like that and making a spectacle of it is not cool. Even if someone wants to make things publicly known and even if people do this routinely it's still messed up. People have enough trouble dealing with their problems as is. All this extra stuff just escalates the problems.

In other news, I think it's (Lux)'s birthday today.

Smash Lord
When I was counting setups, I assumed everyone had tvs lol

I'll get on doing that at some point.

It's going to be in the spring whenever I can get a venue. I don't want to do it the first weekend of April because that's my birthday. And Wichita said don't do 4/23. If you want to ask Nebraska for me what's good, I'll factor it in to my proposal.

If it ends up being a bad day, it's nothing personal. It just means the venue wasn't available on the good days.
Hmm. Must be tomorrow then.

DeLux

Oh, that was a mistake. It's not my birthday tomorrow either lol

DeLux

I miscounted weekends in April. My logic if the quote is taken into proper context was that I wanted to host the tournament on April 9th or April 30th. I think COT was on April 16 until it got delayed, which killed that weekend. Obviously Easter is the 23rd weekend.

Thus I misspoke in saying the first week of April is next weekend.

Smash Lord
I miscounted weekends in April. My logic if the quote is taken into proper context was that I wanted to host the tournament on April 9th or April 30th. I think COT was on April 16 until it got delayed, which killed that weekend. Obviously Easter is the 23rd weekend.

Thus I misspoke in saying the first week of April is next weekend.
Hehe. Kinda funny anyway I guess.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I find it odd that a die-hard brawl hater (ie FuLLBLeeD) continues to lurk this thread. We don't play at JCCC anymore, and no one here plays other games besides brawl. Feel free to reply to the post, bash the game, and leave <3

:shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy:

DeLux

Dude, he's official KC Brawl Crew. He mains Peach. He's legit. Just because he hasn't played in a while makes him someone to hate on.

DeLux

[4/2/2011 9:09:52 PM] DeLux: who is fullbleed
[4/2/2011 9:10:01 PM] DeLux: and why do they
[4/2/2011 9:10:01 PM] Collin: link?
[4/2/2011 9:10:03 PM] DeLux: keep looking at our thread
[4/2/2011 9:10:09 PM] DeLux: just an swf person always lurking our thread
[4/2/2011 9:10:37 PM] Collin: idk
[4/2/2011 9:11:04 PM] Collin: he hasn't posted anything since august 2010

In Collin's defense

Top Bottom