• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Ive been through that before. Ness is not awful with just a wiimote. Just PkFire, PkThunder. Won me $75 bucks. And (Lux) if you go and dont get first( like I did), that gives me the right to say that whoever beats you is one of the top players in our community. Just like you told me, when I came in second.
That person may be one of the top players in your community, but let him/her come down to the south side of KS and let us open his/her eyes. :awesome:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Hondafoo said he wasn't entering.

I'm still noncommital. Gift cards aren't real money and I'm not sure if it's worth rushing through a test in order to make it in time.

Rockstar IDK what you're talking about. I think I'm still KCPR'd pretty low, so beating me wouldn't mean much. They'd still have to go through You, the library random Ike, SquivyT, Rick City, Ares, Stealth, and Fino. Besides, I'd be facing much stiffer competition. These are college students, this ain't some library highschool tournament. I've been training my whole life for this, but now that it's here I might not be ready to answer the call of destiny.

However, if you won $75, you should report that to the tourney results thread. They're doing a project where they are calculating the success and popularity of each character. Those winnings would push Ness over $200, and I think that would make you THE top Ness earner in the country, and therefore the best. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295425

We could then claim to have the #1 and #1or2 Ness and Ike respectively in the nation in the KC Brawl Scene. This would be a huge boost to our scene's reputation and respect. At which point, THEN you could claim that beating you makes them one of the scene's top players. Because up until then, beating you only means they are better than you, which is all I said.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Just reminder that my biweekly is this weekend. Is it possible that I can get a headcount from you KC Area Peeps?

I'll offer training sessions for $10/hr if you decide to show. :troll:

DeLux

Fino split the first place gift card. They actually let us use game cube controllers, so it didn't end up being bad. It was kind of tough because everyone ganged up on Fino and I so it was always an uphill battle.

But I picked up info for two new people to play with so we're growing :)

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Mmm, details? Who got 2nd, who did Fino use, etc

At least it wasn't too bad. How much was the gift card?

DeLux

Umm some guy named Dillon. IDK his last name. Apparently he's good friends with 4rce. He was pretty good imo.

I got his contact info to hopefully start playing with him since he's local in Lawrence

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Hahahahahahah. Dillon beat Fino. So classic. He's actually not bad against MK so I'm not super surprised, but I still find it kind of hysterical.

ICies are dumb. Fact.

I think that's all I really have to say.

Edit: I'm reconsidering coming into the game. I played a little over Spring Break after this 4 month hiatus and it actually felt good to. If the meetings are on Mondays I probably won't stop by, but if you guys move them to Friday or Saturday I'd be open to it. I'm only in KC for 3-4 more weeks so it's not a big thing if you guys can't.

DeLux

Man, Dillon is a genius. He went like 3 whole rounds playing Wario without wafting once. When I watched people ganging up on him and stuff, I was like, "man this wario is good, but he needs to waft someone." Fino noticed it too. We assumed he just didn't know waft was any good. So like three rounds later, I get done with my match of getting double teamed hardcore and was kind of salty, but I looked over to see how Fino's is going, and Dillon gets off this gnarley *** waft practically under the stage. I was speechless that he'd chase a MK that far off the edge and then to get the waft off was ridiculous

Again I was impressed lol I wish I were that good

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Hey 4rce, I don't know if you've seen the thread already, but the BBR is trying to ban Diddy.
That's fine. If it's real, I've been playing mostly Wario/Oli. Odds are that's it's not real since it's already been leaked that it's a gag. There aren't enough credentials to ban Diddy. 9/10 of his match up on the MU chart are basically even on the BBRs match up chart. It's not gonna happen.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Why ban Diddy? Thats ridiculous. Makes absolutely no sense because he's not even the highest on the tier list. And he's not even close to unbeatable. Getting around his bananas isnt hard. Just jump or shied. It's blantly obvious that he's going to use one because he can't use any moves besides throw when the bananas in his hand (despite specials). Besides, if he gets banned, then slowly alot of the others could get banned one at a time, when people find them a reason of being "too good". Such as meta knights overly quick speed, or snakes overly powerful moveset

Lol that thread is way too funny. Full of hype.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
It'll get to that point where Captain Falcon would be the only legal character, and by then, the game would have died.

Dnyce

Smash Master
In terms of accuracy, you never have played a good diddy... nor do you understand much about this game, at least from a competitive standpoint. I troll on an occasion, and mostly for fun; however, if you know of a way I could be earning money by doing it (ie troll for a living) PLEASE let me know. I may consider it.

Perhaps it's not just smash, but several facets in life you cannot see beyond 2 dimensions. Though I do have to ask... why are you mad? Was it the meaty, raw truth slapping you in the face? I digress, there is a complete difference between trolling an attempting to give someone a reality check. I guess I should've learned from Lux's attempt to help you that you're far too jaded for such a thing.

Hey, Dnyce, if you troll for a living, how much do you make an hour? I should consider doing it.
Idk, I'm waiting for Rockstar to send me some potential apps

Rockstar

Smash Ace
In terms of accuracy, you never have played a good diddy... nor do you understand much about this game, at least from a competitive standpoint. I troll on an occasion, and mostly for fun; however, if you know of a way I could be earning money by doing it (ie troll for a living) PLEASE let me know. I may consider it.

Perhaps it's not just smash, but several facets in life you cannot see beyond 2 dimensions. Though I do have to ask... why are you mad? Was it the meaty, raw truth slapping you in the face? I digress, there is a complete difference between trolling an attempting to give someone a reality check. I guess I should've learned from Lux's attempt to help you that you're far too jaded for such a thing.

Idk, I'm waiting for Rockstar to send me some potential apps
I'd agree to say that you do take this game 100x more seriously than I do, and skill wise your ahead. I understand this game. Trust me. Just because we don't act the same or see eye to eye on aspects, doesn't mean I don't understand it.

And I think for starters it's somewhere around $9.45 per hour. But your experienced. So i'd say you'd get about $15.

DeLux

Rockstar, how seriously do you take Brawl?

I want to know and this isn't an attempt to troll you. Based on your last response I might have misperceived your intents with the game.

And while you're at it, what's your goal in Brawl? Is it to win tournaments? Play for fun? etc.

Just trying to understand.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I'd agree to say that you do take this game 100x more seriously than I do, and skill wise your ahead. I understand this game. Trust me. Just because we don't act the same or see eye to eye on aspects, doesn't mean I don't understand it.
I only play the game at blake's hosting... and only post here cause I enjoy the community. If you take that and divide it by 100, I don't even understand how you know about this website O.o? Lol.
It's not so much the game that I take serious, but I pity people when they act dumb.

If you understand the game, then you should be able to beat me without breaking a sweat. There is little tech skill in the game, so I don't know what your justification is for getting handled all the time.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Rockstar, how seriously do you take Brawl?

I want to know and this isn't an attempt to troll you. Based on your last response I might have misperceived your intents with the game.

And while you're at it, what's your goal in Brawl? Is it to win tournaments? Play for fun? etc.
Good question. Well, i'm limited at how seriously I can take it. I have my hands full with life. Im a sophomore in high school, and I do sports all year round. Literally. So making time isn't always easy.
Brawl isn't my first priority. Nor second. Nor third. I like to play alot though, but aren't always able to. That's probably the reason why I haven't been able to take time to learn stuff that I should if I want to be competitive. Like frame data, matchups, stage etc.
And I just got my copy of brawl last August. I didn't intend on playing it seriously, because I was really into call of duty. But I saw that in October there was a tournament really close to my house for the game, (TAS) and decided to go. Ive just been somewhat pretty interested in the game since then.
So I play to improve on my character. I don't take winning as seriously as I could for video games game. Otherwise I would've, like you and Fino said, mained a higher tier.

DeLux

Fair enough, but then I want to ask:

Why did you say before that you wanted us to help you get good (back when you first started with us) and have also mentioned you want to win tournaments?

DeLux

Would you be offended if I refreshed your memory then?

Top Bottom