• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I take it that the commute to wherever he lets you go is at most 10 minutes one-way? I can relate, since my dad was exactly like that.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Future said there should be a smashfest in como after TP's tournament. Does anyone want to do that? you could stop there on your way back to KC.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Hey Stealth. Come to Lincoln on the 30th and bring MJ. I can drive up to Omaha from Lincoln, and just get MJ to pay you with the money he wins at Aura's :3

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
A couple things:

I had A LOT of fun today playing. Especially playing Lucas. That character is so much fun. ICs give me a head ache, but I had to do it for Danny lol

Shout outs are as follows:

Blake - First and foremost, thanks for hosting. I apologize I randomly yelled out a loud expletive. It was getting hype and emotions got the better of me. If needed, I will personally apologize to your parents if problems arise. And sorry I'm so bad in teams.

Danny - post a summary of the SDI stuff we were talking about before everyone came. It SEEMED to work for me quite well today. Good stuff with practicing. I hope you feel confident in the IC matchup. I wish we had like three more times so you could get a win without me doing the John of the Ice Climbers. You will do well in MO

Jace - Sorry for CGing you. Welcome to Brawl :) Are you going to play dodgeball thursday?

Jason - Dude. I don't get the Falco matchup. Except shield grab. That's all I know ahah

Quote - I'll sit down and talk that conditioning talk with you

Scrub - My MK is bad. Teach me. Seriously.

Random dude that called me a scrub - I don't know your name. Sorry. But it's Grab Aerial so therefore "Gair". I lol'd at "keep trolling him" and then I was like "I play ICs everyone trolls me"

THuGz

Smash Lord
There is a KC tourney? And MJ can easily get enough money at our tourney to cover gas, and if not you sure would, just make an agreement you guys will use your winnings to pay for gas first.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yeah saturday is currently my best day to make money (im a delivery driver so its mainly tip based) and i would also have to miss a bit of sunday. plus even as lenient as my GM is about stuffl like this i do NOT want to have to give up the best money making shifts because i ask off of them too often

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
well a lousy two hundrend dollars is currently enough to put me into the negatives so yeah it is currently. dont worry we will see each other again at tourneys :O we are only one state apart LOL

THuGz

Smash Lord
Stealth, me and Rob only have each other (and Tyser if he feels like playing) to practice in NE, so I was thinking maybe KC and NE could get bi weeklies going together? I asked MJ if he could get a room and he said he knew he could, so it would be 2 hours for both of us.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i dunno, the problem is i really cant be going to tourneys very often so my attentdance would basically be if i was going nowhere else, but i can see if we can work something up. i know lux is trying to get his own tourney stuff set up here

also is anyone interested in going to clash of the titans?

MJG

Smash Hero
Stealth, me and Rob only have each other (and Tyser if he feels like playing) to practice in NE, so I was thinking maybe KC and NE could get bi weeklies going together? I asked MJ if he could get a room and he said he knew he could, so it would be 2 hours for both of us.
I also said that there was no point in me hosting now since Event 52 is fairly soon and I have 4 weeks of school left.

@Danny: I might be going to CoT5. Waiting for a certain someone ;)

DeLux

I do practice every day on my own.

Like I have a routine of desyncs > CGs > some wifi > more desyncs > more CGs etc.

DeLux

If anyone wants to play over the next 3 days, I can host.

Essentially, I was SUPPOSED to leave yesterday to go to Socal for what was SUPPOSED to be a month. But I ended up getting some good news from back home, so I'll only be leaving for sure this Friday for the weekend plus a few days next week. However, I'm more or less on stand by for a month from that point onward, but it looks like the whole, "BBL for 1-5 months" isn't going to happen JUST yet.

But yeah, I scheduled time off from work to fit being gone, but now I have a couple days of down time because the schedule has been put out already.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Danny - post a summary of the SDI stuff we were talking about before everyone came. It SEEMED to work for me quite well today.
Oh? Did I just read that correctly? Stealth, I'd love to hear your input on it as well. People seem to be raging that I used the term TDI to differentiate between the control stick and the c-stick. :urg:

Smash Lord
Thugz isn't willing to drive 100 minutes for 120 minutes of smash. He's not as cool as you think :awesome:
I'm confused.

@Lux- I would be interested in this. At the very least I want to pick up and analyze the stuff you were talking to me about on Monday. I'm not sure what day is going to be the best for me though. I have a music gig on Friday and I don't know how much prep work I'm going to need to do on that yet.

DeLux

Well, do it either tomorrow or Thursday, because I'm leaving Friday morning.

I'm hosting tomorrow. Collin and I are going to get some errands squared away and after that people can come over to play Brawl.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Stealth, can you drop me off in KC on the way back so I can go straight to work? Please get back to me asap.

DeLux

Hey Lux, Are you going to Going to Genesis? If so we gotta MM/play some more. You too Stealth.

Not sure if I'm going. It's like 7 hours north of my place in Socal, and like 23 hours west of my place in KS. We'll see, I'll look into costs and if I know anyone to get housing up there first. That'll go a long way

Leaving to CA. Good luck to everyone this weekend in MO. Wish I was with you guys.
I'll see ya when I get back.

Cook

Smash Master
HEY GUYS! Are you coming to St. Louis tonight or tomorrow? CHOOSE TONIGHT FOR FUN! Choose tomorrow otherwise.

DeLux

So apparently Dnyce did pretty well this weekend.
And so did Ensis (if he still counts as part of our team)

Top Bottom