• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Oh btw, I broke snake today. Among other characters. Yikarur was mad. Among other people.

DeLux

Let me do some more testing. I might have discovered some serious limitations =\

DeLux

Today I corrected some major tech issues I've been having with my ICs. Hopefully it translates to tournament :\

DeLux

If you mean the tournament I'm hosting, it's the weekend after next.

I was referring though to more in generalities

DeLux

You should come. More people means there are more homeless people fed.

DeLux

Anyone here good at fliers? I want to get some solid floor advertising locally next week :(

I'd do it, but I'm horrible at it. If nobody is good at it, I'll make one myself on Sunday. It'll just be garbage

Smash Lord
So, I've been working running a jazz festival for most of the week. The day was pretty much wrapped up and I start playing some nintendo music back stage. A few kids that were waiting for a bus stopped by to listen and we ended up chatting games for a bit. Two of them said they played brawl. I got their numbers and what not and then they left.

If I want to see if they are good/possibly introduce them, how should I go about it?

It should be noted that I have no clue what kind of talent they do or do not have.

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!
Look at it this way, I don't have very much when it comes to talent and brawl... mainly because I haven't played for a while. I don't think it's so much about talent itself, but moreso the desire to improve and a love for the game. With that anyone can be a good player.
I'm pretty sure that had nothing to do with what you asked, but I felt like saying something intelligent about gaming.

Smash Lord
Look at it this way, I don't have very much when it comes to talent and brawl... mainly because I haven't played for a while. I don't think it's so much about talent itself, but moreso the desire to improve and a love for the game. With that anyone can be a good player.
I'm pretty sure that had nothing to do with what you asked, but I felt like saying something intelligent about gaming.
Any advice is good. Actually you'd be surprised at how relevant some of that is. I'm saying this because I've seen some people outside of that description before and it's pretty true.

Lux, do you have access to a color printer/funding to use a lot of ink? Standard size right?

And the information that would need to be on it would be a good thing to know.

So, I've been working running a jazz festival for most of the week. The day was pretty much wrapped up and I start playing some nintendo music back stage. A few kids that were waiting for a bus stopped by to listen and we ended up chatting games for a bit. Two of them said they played brawl. I got their numbers and what not and then they left.

If I want to see if they are good/possibly introduce them, how should I go about it?

It should be noted that I have no clue what kind of talent they do or do not have.
I'm still waiting for more responses to this.

DeLux

Any advice is good. Actually you'd be surprised at how relevant some of that is. I'm saying this because I've seen some people outside of that description before and it's pretty true.

Lux, do you have access to a color printer/funding to use a lot of ink? Standard size right?

And the information that would need to be on it would be a good thing to know.

I'm still waiting for more responses to this.
8.5x11. If you could do black and white, that would be better. The office where I volunteer only has a black and white printer I'm pretty sure :\

The info is on the OP of the tourney thread and if you need more info text me :)

PSI.kick

Smash Lord

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash at my house monday normal time 5:30pm-11:00pm.

Next week's monday will be M2K mode at my house. I'm extending that smashfest to an all-day invitation. Suggested arrival time: 1pm. Everyone must still be out at 11 though because my mom still works.

I got my schedule of hours for the summer and it turns out I will be working night shifts on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. It's time to start talking about what day for me to host over the summer and to get your work schedules changed to accomodate. I'll consider hosting on any of the four days not mentioned above.

Also, GOD BLESS AMERICA

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Sweet I can come tonight, I might need a ride though. I texted fino but i'm not sure if he'll respond or not. If you ask me, tuesdays or saturdays would probably be the best. but really anything will work over the summer.
I live right across the street from Mid-america nazarene college. Anyone close? (mur len and 143rd street is the intersection)

should i bring my wii/crappy tv?

DeLux

I was gonna come, but I have to do a podcast for the Smash Lab at 9, so by the time I got out there around 7:15, I'd have to leave after only an hour :(

DeLux

Well, Amba made me some fliers. So if you guys wanted to post them public places that you know of in the next day or two, that would be awesome: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s120/N3cropotence/Event52Flierwhite.jpg

Outside of that, just bring setups, powerstrips, and possibly be ready for last minute housing should people come that didn't request it.

Try to spread word locally since my newspaper ad go shot down :(

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on, school kicked up a knotch and I've had AP tests and I've been just busy. I should (90%) be able to go for this weekend. I will also be bringing 1 to 3 people with me aswell.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
AP had me salty when I was taking those classes while I was in high school. AP Statistics had everyone in my class very salty. Sad that only two people passed the AP exam. I passed the exam, btw.

Top Bottom