• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

THuGz

Smash Lord
MJ, how many people is it that are confirmed to StL on the 21st? Do you have room for my friend Leroy?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
If your wii has been updated, though, there's a very slim chance that you can hack it. Not sure if the above statement holds, but that's what I've been told.

Trent

Smash Champion
They have found a way to hack the Wii regardless of what version it is through the Brawl game. It has something to do with the level editor or something.

Smash Lord
So pending roommate approval, I am going to start hosting Biweeklies beginning in August. The apartment is going to be a pretty decent size, and we'd probably be able to fit about 5/6 setups, pending roommate approval. At that point, we'd probably be able to fit 20 people without it getting too crazy, assuming I get roommate approval. We'll even have a room specifically available for setups/hosting people overnight, pending roommate approval.

If I have my way, it would look something like this for a year pending roommate approval:

August 6: Biweekly 1 - $5 entry
August 20: BTEH 2 - $10 entry + $5 venue
September 3: Biweekly 2 - $5 entry
September 17: Biweekly 3 - $10 entry
October 1: Biweekly 4 - $5 entry
October 15: Biweekly 5 - $10 entry
October 29: Biweekly 6 - $5 entry
November 12: BTEH 3 - $10 + $5 Venue
November 26: Biweekly 7 - $5 Entry
December 10: Biweekly 8 - $10 Entry

Or something like that. The point being that every 3 months I want to host a larger regional BTEH, once a month host a local tourney with $10 entry pending roommate approval, and once a month host a local tourney with $5 entry for people short on cash pending roommate approval.

The dates might change if I decide to travel to a tournament, or if we decide to travel as a scene to a tournament an out of state event might replace a biweekly.

The location is in Lawrence literally right off of I-70. There's a hospital right down the street in case some law and order needs to be dispensed.

Tentative Title: "L-Town Throw Down @ de Lux Lounge" pending roommate approval
I know that this is pretty obvious, but make sure it's on opposite days from the wichita bi-weeklies. I haven't checked how this lines up yet, but lets not kill the other's attendance.
Guys, tournament in STL on the 21st. Expecting about 30 people. Show up. Especially the guy with the Cave Story theme, assuming he plays Brawl. What's your Running Hell time?
3'33. What's your's

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Im done with smash officially. After this day, you won`t ever here from me. Im not logging back into boards, or even playing anymore. So, farewell guys. It was fun knowing you all. If anyoneasks, link them to this post.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Im done with smash officially. After this day, you won`t ever here from me. Im not logging back into boards, or even playing anymore. So, farewell guys. It was fun knowing you all. If anyoneasks, link them to this post.
Rockstar making a big statement and then backing out of it in a couple of days?
Hmmm....

Lucas. I'm never changing my main again I can promise you that. My Lucas is slightly better then my Ness now, and I feel like he has way more potential at the moment. Lucas has better recovery options, stronger smash attacks, and a better range game. Hes a lot less "stiff" than Ness also. From here on out, it's Lucas forever.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Sad, just when it appeared like he was turning a corner competitively :\

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
He'll come back the thirst of the game and the chill community is hard to truly to get rid of.

Smash Lord
Why.

Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Was that Rockstar's mom waiting patiently for almost an hour on that lonely, barely lit bench outside the worship hall?

Rockstar we really could have driven you home.

Smash Lord
So when does the summer schedule start? Today was my last day of class, but I don't think that that follows for everyone else here. Blake is hosting on Tuesdays, and I will probably pick up Mondays.

DeLux

I now have a hitbox textures on my Wii :)

that spacing practice

THuGz

Smash Lord
After playing tlink for like 5 hours today, ^ that concept actually makes sense to me now. Too bad I play pikachu...

THuGz

Smash Lord
I can't figure which out of tlink/zss/diddy of mine is better. You and fino should tell me, and if its tlink you should teach me.

DeLux

The spacing practice is mostly for understanding Visual CG mechanics, but thanks for the tip Ensis

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hey ENSiS, I need to play in a serious set next time I see you. The reason is I need to get better at player gayer so I want you to help me out if that's possible?

MJG

Smash Hero
I can't figure which out of tlink/zss/diddy of mine is better. You and fino should tell me, and if its tlink you should teach me.
I am bad at this game though.

Hey ENSiS, I need to play in a serious set next time I see you. The reason is I need to get better at player gayer so I want you to help me out if that's possible?
Maybe...I have trouble playing as gay as I used to
atm
in a tournament match. So we will have to see.

Just be patient. I used to play the never get grabbed/touched game (even though both would happen). Just be patient...idk how one could increase their patience in this amazing game, but being patient and playing smart will help a lot.

Top Bottom