• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Doing what? Im getting dropped off at the church in the morning. Then getting picked up when its over. My rides gonna be too tired to drive 40 minutes back to my house.

Smash Lord
A couple of things:

Are we setting up a stream tomorrow?

Someone (not necessarily tournament staff) should go out and buy some GC controllers and sell them at the event. As long as they are good, I think that that is a good way to make some extra cash. There's always going to be someone who wants to buy one that's in better working order. It would be cool to have one there to buy at there convenience.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I actually already thought of that. We aren't supposed to be selling things on the premises :\

The only thing I can sell is drinks and snacks ironically based on my contract with the church. And the profit has to go to the donation pool

And Rockstar, if you wanted to save money, I'm 90% sure someone would be able to take you home post tournament given how many from your general area are coming

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Rockstar, it's extremely likely that there will be an open seat returning back to KC. Renting a hotel room to stay the night in lawrence is a waste.

Smash Lord
I actually already thought of that. We aren't supposed to be selling things on the premises :\

The only thing I can sell is drinks and snacks ironically based on my contract with the church. And the profit has to go to the donation pool

And Rockstar, if you wanted to save money, I'm 90% sure someone would be able to take you home post tournament given how many from your general area are coming
Hmmm... Well we have a good venue. So I'm not going to complain. Next time around if we are using this venue, I think I might save up and buy a few and just say the profits go to the church. I doubt that they would complain about that.

Rockstar, it's extremely likely that there will be an open seat returning back to KC. Renting a hotel room to stay the night in lawrence is a waste.
Rockstar, if duck can't take you home for whatever reason, I'd also give you a ride home.

Lux, what time do you need people there to set things up?

Boomer, I'll give you a ride tomorrow if you aren't too far out. my number is 913 704 7907

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Ok, i was able to secure a ride with my parents and my friends parents, but they wouldn't agree on doing it for a long time. But I can go now, thanks for the offer though quote.

DeLux

I will be there at 9am to set up. If you want to help, you're more than welcome.

Otherwise please be there around 10am for registration :)

POWER STRIPS and SETUPS PLEASE

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash practice in my basement monday different time 1:00pm-11:00pm. Directions to my place are on first post.

Time extended because M2K will be here, so don't miss out!

DeLux

I'm probably not coming.

I am taking a long break and evaluating if I even want to play anymore after the amount of choking I did this tournament. I'm on the fence if it's a full "quitting brawl" because time might change my mind.

I've never choked so hard at any other game before repeatedly. I'm beginning to realize that maybe it's not me choking anymore, and it's just me playing the way I do and I'm just bad.

DeLux

It's not the bad or good that's frustrating. The caliber of players that I normally beat outside of tournament in friendlies/money matches shows me what I'm capable of doing.

It's not even about winning/losing against people. It's more about playing how I know I can play AND how I have played, but not meeting that repeatedly.

DeLux

I'm consistently bad in tournament. At this point, I'd take inconsistent lol

Outside of tournament, my hitlist of players I've beaten is disgusting

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
are any of you guys planning on going to Brainshock Beta? I don't know if the other Meleers in the area plan on going but if I can go I'd be teaming with m2k again for Melee so yayuhhz.

DeLux

Pending Roommate Approval

So pending roommate approval, I am going to start hosting Biweeklies beginning in August. The apartment is going to be a pretty decent size, and we'd probably be able to fit about 5/6 setups, pending roommate approval. At that point, we'd probably be able to fit 20 people without it getting too crazy, assuming I get roommate approval. We'll even have a room specifically available for setups/hosting people overnight, pending roommate approval.

If I have my way, it would look something like this for a year pending roommate approval:

August 6: Biweekly 1 - $5 entry
August 20: BTEH 2 - $10 entry + $5 venue
September 3: Biweekly 2 - $5 entry
September 17: Biweekly 3 - $10 entry
October 1: Biweekly 4 - $5 entry
October 15: Biweekly 5 - $10 entry
October 29: Biweekly 6 - $5 entry
November 12: BTEH 3 - $10 + $5 Venue
November 26: Biweekly 7 - $5 Entry
December 10: Biweekly 8 - $10 Entry

Or something like that. The point being that every 3 months I want to host a larger regional BTEH, once a month host a local tourney with $10 entry pending roommate approval, and once a month host a local tourney with $5 entry for people short on cash pending roommate approval.

The dates might change if I decide to travel to a tournament, or if we decide to travel as a scene to a tournament an out of state event might replace a biweekly.

The location is in Lawrence literally right off of I-70. There's a hospital right down the street in case some law and order needs to be dispensed.

Tentative Title: "L-Town Throw Down @ de Lux Lounge" pending roommate approval

TP

Smash Master
Guys, tournament in STL on the 21st. Expecting about 30 people. Show up. Especially the guy with the Cave Story theme, assuming he plays Brawl. What's your Running Hell time?

Top Bottom