• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Does the Kirby have a name or account?

He should get both.

DeLux

I know I played him. I don't know your name either now that I think about it lol

I hate calling people by their handles.

Of course, I actually go by Lux outside of Brawl, so I don't like when Brawlers use my first name.

Funny huh?

DeLux

No seriously. Address me correctly or I will mentally categorize you on the same tier of regard as certain players in our scene. And then not help you at all anymore.

DeLux

there are actually parenthetical citations. And I'm probably going to change it to DeLux soon.

DeLux

well no. Lux means light in latin?

I don't know yet. Who else is going? If the turn out is good, I might stop by. But I'm more likely to spend my time with the wife and kids.

Smash Lord
Hey, I just got approved, me and the kirby will be at duck's tomorrow, but we'll probably have to ditch early between 8 and 9.
Happy faces.
Yeah I'm persuading him to, you played him in your *ahem* "class", he was the Yellow kirby. First name Matt. btw you have work monday Lux?
I'm smiling a little bit right now and I don't know why. There's a top notch 64 kirby player that goes by that.

As for the rest of this thread, I am so confused. I can't honestly make heads or tails of it.

I wanna do a bit of 64 or melee tomorrow. I plugged it in today and was like, $*%^*&$^ I can move fast and do combos and stuff. I forgot just how much fun they are.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash at my house today (monday). Official time is 5:30-11:00 but people seem to like to come and go at random. Directions to my place are on first post.

That's Mr. (Lux), get it right.

DeLux

Probably am not coming. I was going to try to, but someone gave up a 6-9 and that money looks nice atm so I'll be working instead. Sorry pals.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Rockstar got closest to beating my mk when he tried to ditto me. Even when I SD'd against other characters...

Just sayin...

:metaknight: dat mask

DeLux

At what point do people get added to the "crew" post?

Can you add :lucas: and :zelda: to my secondaries please :)

But remove :wario:. I'm not worthy of that character.

Edit: Actually I lied. Leave :wario: on AND add :metaknight:
I'll eventually focus only on one, but I'm not sure which one it'll be. Gotta figure it out.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
GG's everyone. Enjoyed every match. But. I feel horrible. I am definently the worst player in kansas. Most likely the entire midwest. My name should be RockSalt. It fits me better. I got ***** all night. It wasnt even funny. Fino you and (Lux) may be right about me picking up a new character. I am the worst Ness user that you will ever meet. Every time I was playing, it was just PK Salt. It was nonsense. What in tarnation is wrong with me? Smash should be over for me at this point. But idk why I keep coming back.

DeLux

Dude, you keep coming back because at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what character you main. With all the perceived advantages and disadvantages in Brawl, I understand your predicament. But remember, it's about commitment. You just need to discover what you do best, and what you have to work on. When you find that, stick to it. Just take it one game at a time.

We don't drown by falling into the water. We drown by letting our heads fall beneath the surface. Keep your head up.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Fino you and (Lux) may be right about me picking up a new character. I am the worst Ness user that you will ever meet.
It does not make a difference what character you main. Despite the millions of advantage/disadvantage situations in this game, and insane predicaments that occur. It`s about commitment. Discovering what your character does best, and what you have to work on. Sticking it through, one game at a time.
:awesome:

but
What in tarnation is wrong with me?
You never adapted. You do the same things over and over again, despite them either (1) never working ever or (2) working only after doing them so often after 20+ matches that it finally worked. I still will never understand why you use PK-Flash or PK-fire to dair... both of those are terrible. You got me with each once, because I was under the impression that you had some sort of mental block in that you had to do them before you could do anything different. Like you had to prove you could do it (prove to who? I'll never know). I was wrong. It's like you're trying to put the square peg into the circle hole or something... just... why?

Smash should be over for me at this point. But idk why I keep coming back.
Because the game is fun and the community is cool. Lots of people try quitting only just to come back. Heck, it's the story of every EC player's smash life, lol.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Also, Raptor. When can you get up those doubles matches between you and Scrub vs Duck and I? And our match on pokemon stadium. Appreciate it

Top Bottom