• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kadaj's ask me anything thread.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Oh, I figured that when I saw that no other big names attended. One of those "try out different stuff" tournies lol

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
LOL

sorry kadaj i had to take over for a second.

In response to Akashi, downtilt is extremely bad in trying trade spacing with metaknight. they have so much room to punish. Shield breaker is also a really bad option, and am not even sure why you would try that as it can easily be reacted to and can lead to being punished by any of metaknights attacks (except forward smash i think). very unsafe option.
Do not use don't tilt vs metaknight in that situation. is so easily punished.

The answer to your question Kola, is you should be baiting his tilts.

this is why walking is so useful. you can weave around an opponents spacing very easily, thus being able to punish their options. Try to think of ways of making it appear as if you're volnurable, which in turn forces your friend to use one of his tilt options. Once you get him to use them unsafely, its just a matter of blocking and punishing.

As mentioned, Jab is really good for spacing.

Many don't know (or maybe do but they dont use this,) but if you have walking momentum and do a Jab, you will slide forward. it's a great way to get inside of MK's spacing if the Mk is playing solid ground game as they should be in this matchup.

Don't forget that Up B out of shield is a great option vs downtilts. you just have to do the really far forward up b. Spot dodging is easily the worse option. If MK does the slow forward tilt, they can wait tilt you spot dodge and hit you with the 2nd or 3rd hit of ftilt.

hope this helped.
Thanks, I love my jabs but I usually try to use them at 58%+ xD or else I feel I'm letting myself open.

I think not walking would probably be the biggest issue in my game. :/ Knowing Marth has an "eh" dash I tend to do it anyway and just eat attacks my opponents just throw at me. It's another bad habit I'll have to break.

And yeah the spot dodge thing is usually what happens, I spot dodge, then eat tilts.

Thanks to your response as well Akashi

Akashi

Smash Lord
Hope this helped
the more you know, thx for correcting me mike. I personally thought a perfectly spaced dtilt gave us enough time to react, but i guess i haven't been playing mks that'll punish accordingly. And i meant throwing out sb like how leon does,not justfor spacing, but ty for the claification

:phone:

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Kadaj sandbagging his region maybe?
A little :urg:

Not for long though, have to start dealing with Esam soon :awesome:

the more you know, thx for correcting me mike. I personally thought a perfectly spaced dtilt gave us enough time to react, but i guess i haven't been playing mks that'll punish accordingly. And i meant throwing out sb like how leon does,not justfor spacing, but ty for the claification

:phone:
They way Leon uses shield breaker can be pretty unsafe when shielded, often times he is punished a bit more so than he's rewarded for it's use.

When watching and trying to learn from others videos look more into how effective his methods really are and how often they aren't, don't just see it as "wow he uses "X" move in a fancy way." Sometimes doing the simplest things in game can net you way more wins and overall effectiveness.

Prime example of what I mean, look at pretty much any of the vids of me that are uploaded before February of this year and look at the major difference of vids posted after February of this year.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol craig you're forced to MK all the time...i dont wanna hear that nonsense. you aint that good yet bro

Player-3

Smash Hero
stingers is getting your marth and my marth confused, after that brutal **** i served him on 75m over wifi

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
How do you dtilt/jab out of dash? need to know this before i sleep:o

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
tip: wait for marth to aprroach(probably with a areal and do a retreating bair to bait him in

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Not much to think about in the ditto if i msut say so lol. Both have the same shiz, certain approaches beat other approaches, just about mixing it up, spacing and predicting better than your opponent. Ramin can shed alot of light on this matchup.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Serious Business Allisbrawl, OK HAZE91, IMA MEET U IN THE FINALS AND **** U UP WIT CAPTAIN FALCON BTW.

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
Be prepared i have mastered the kmac combo SERIOUS BUSINESS INDEED

Nike.

Smash Hero
Works on Pictochat as well. Sometimes when you try to fair upon landing you somehow land early and Marth does a fsmash. Nice reminder though, I should practice it next time I turn on training mode.

What was the song on your vid? x)

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Like you can cancel into anything its pretty dope a fair into b reversed shieldbreak mad cute and I don't remember its somewhere in my computer I can send it to you if you want when I find it

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
^ also works on the right side of the boat on rainbow cruise

if you jump airdodge immediately off the edge it cancels and you can do a forward smash really quick

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well there's not much of lag reduction. It's just your able to land on the stage after letting go of the ledge earlier than most normal stages.

In other words its similar effects to fast fall forward air into something :p

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Well in that video it doesn't show that good but try it out yourself you can do a counter right after letting go off the ledge with no lag almost identical to platform cancel and also you know when you cancel upB and you can get a fair thats really fast and has no lag you can do that into a grab or fsmash or pretty much anything else

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
learn MK dittos.

step 1: Opponent picks Marth
step 2: Pick MK, opponent rages
step 3: Opponent proceeds to CP with MK next game
step 4: ??????
step 5: Victory is your destiny :troll:
this^

10mkrapingmarth

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I always seem to forget about that slant thing and it ends up eating my nair x)

Top Bottom