• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kadaj's ask me anything thread.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Yo kadaj is f throw to f throw guarenteed on mk ? me and orion tested that **** out and there was absolutely no way he could get out of it lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Fthrow to fthrow assuming an unstaled fthrow from 0% will combo. The hit stun values definitely allow it, just MK may have a gay *** trajectory which makes grabbing him again awkward.

+1 points to the "this thread being too much like the Q&A thread hence needs a lockin'" register.

Dthrow to dthrow never combos on MK unless there is a slope though.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Yo kadaj is f throw to f throw guarenteed on mk ? me and orion tested that **** out and there was absolutely no way he could get out of it lol
it's so gay if you nair me after the 2nd fthrow I have to QCDI to get out :/ if I fail it links to 2nd nair to ****

PEACE7

Smash Champion
So wait fthrow to fthrow is guaranteed and if he doesnt QCDI the first nair it leads to another nair? Also is upsmash out of gr on mk ever true?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
So kadaj is Pit's Grab Release on mk Legit on Yoshi's or any stages with slants. I also notice if you Pivot grab Mk out certain moves he's feet dont touch the ground. Also is Grab Release Buffer run dash attack legit too if Pit GR's MK?

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Yeah. GR to Dash Attack with Pit is unavoidable.

The best stages for connecting those GR's on MK (minus him struggling to get out)
are Lylat, Yoshis, Delfino, pretty much any stages that have slopes

Oh and about the forced air releases when grabbing him out of moves, it applies to any move that lifts him off the ground. I think his dash attack is included in that list of moves (aerials, tornado before his ending lag touches the ground, Shuttle loop, etc.)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Well, first of all, Marth would need to have a nado... :awesome:

C.J.

Smash Master
Nike, you're right. Nado isn't SDIable except the first and last hit.

C.J.

Smash Master
I'd be willing to bet 2 things happened:
1) That wasn't a good nado... you're never supposed to let them go into the middle hitbox(es); they're not constant. So MK messed up where he hit them w/ nado.

2) He was moving away from the direction Yoshi was in... ofc he's going to get out.

But I didn't know the bottom group of hitboxes could be SDIed. Good to know.

@ popping out, that's completely dependent on how the MK hits you w/ it, 99% sure. Upper corner hitboxes they won't be getting out. It traps characters, where as the middle/bottom hitboxes don't.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You can't SDI Nado because there is no hitlag on the hits following the first (the hits do one damage, so you can't SDI them, except the last hit which does 3 damage)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
In normal SDI situations doesn't that just put you back to zero? If SDI'ing up did anything, you should be able to SDI in any direction, which that other vid showed you couldn't do. Maybe he's just DI'ing all of the hits down and something about Yoshi lets him fall out? I dunno. Tornado and Yoshi are both broken.

C.J.

Smash Master
Oh, maybe that was a fresh nado. I think fresh nado has more hitlag or something?

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
maybe is just my imagination but, has someone noticed if up DB2 is actually faster than forward DB2?

I've checked the frame data and stuff but I can't help to see that up DB2 comes earlier.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I went Falco vs PS and lost

I lost straight up vs Kismet

Felt like I wasn't really driven this tourney and I also felt like I was playing really bad the whole day. I'll be practicing a lot harder until the 30th for the NY tourney though. It's a ****ty feeling when you feel you aren't playing to your full capabilities

Omari

Smash Journeyman
I know the feeling but don't sweat it...best thing you can do is be calm, prevent yourself from making the same mistake(s) & do your best play me in a Mario ditto (or double dash @ ktar6...eyo I'm jus.......sayin).

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Yo is there another percent where we can get the fthrow to spike on spacies after the 40% but still spiking the same like the one we get when he is at 0 if that makes sense

:phone:

Top Bottom