• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SKidd

Smash Master
I know a Melee player (NoobKing) who(m? I don't think so but...) once went to California on a Greyhound for a national tourney, slept outside after day 1(I think), then rode all the way back up.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Me and Aleate were thinking that maybe having a two day event might be a good idea, but that involves being able to use the venue on Sunday as well. But still, it's an idea... ;)

Edit: I do not want to sleep outside...

Edit edit: who was correct. Learn your Grammar noob.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ah, I also do this from time to time, also known as often. I was merely correcting for the sake of correcting so as to carry on the chain.

SKidd

Smash Master
You edited my post?
Oh yeah, mods can edit posts.
Make this one say 'Feint do you use MSN?'
As in, remove everything else and have it just that.

Or can you edit posts...?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I believe you've asked me that question on several occasions. Unfortunately, I do not use MSN, nor do I plan on doing so unless a specific scenario arises that causes me to deem it necessary. I'm not sure to whom Blue Yoshi was referring when he mentioned editing posts, but I believe he meant that he had edited his own post to add a statement directed towards you. This is only speculation, however, and until further clarification from Blue Yoshi himself, we cannot be entirely certain on the matter.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Had I edited your post, it would have said "last edited by Blue Yoshi". I edited my own post, not yours.

I have edited other people's posts before though, but only in special circumstances (e.g. smash 64 research where we both edit his post with new info, etc.). I don't freely do it.

SKidd

Smash Master
I believe you've asked me that question on several occasions. Unfortunately, I do not use MSN, nor do I plan on doing so unless a specific scenario arises that causes me to deem it necessary. I'm not sure to whom Blue Yoshi was referring when he mentioned editing posts, but I believe he meant that he had edited his own post to add a statement directed towards you. This is only speculation, however, and until further clarification from Blue Yoshi himself, we cannot be entirely certain on the matter.

Why, good day to you too, sir!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Me and Aleate were thinking that maybe having a two day event might be a good idea, but that involves being able to use the venue on Sunday as well. But still, it's an idea... ;)

Edit: I do not want to sleep outside...

Edit edit: who was correct. Learn your Grammar noob.
Bumping for posterity.

In regards to "who once went...."; even though you interjected an adverb in there, it's still subject -> verb. Melee player is an object but since you started a new (adjective) clause, he becomes the subject. It's social etiquette to put oneself after somebody else, and since Blue Yoshi is the subject along with me, it should be I. But yeah, don't be Grammar Nazis; you'll never know when you make a mistake and get called for it.

Edit: I really hope you guys aren't watching Smash Bros. streams that last until 3:00am in the morning... but grats Asadelta, I heard you did well :).

Captain L

Smash Champion
I would consider 5th good, especially considering who the top 4 were.

I really want to play Brawl again after watching that!

SKidd

Smash Master
I would consider 5th good, especially considering who the top 4 were.

I really want to play Brawl again after watching that!
But you can't.

Feint are you any interested in Melee?
Is anyone(Who isn't named Blue Yoshi <_<)?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually, I am pretty interested in Melee to be honest. I'm interested in all of the smash games. Melee is the one I'm worst at (used to be 64 but I've played that now and can do the techs with more ease than the melee ones), but if there was an opportunity to improve and get into melee I wouldn't decline it.

Crisis

Smash Ace
What were the Hawaiian results? I only caught Asa beating brick.
I'm interested in melee but noone will teach me properly! :(

Don't know if I can make this monthly cuz I have work in the morning and... Why not sunday?!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
What were the Hawaiian results? I only caught Asa beating brick.
I'm interested in melee but noone will teach me properly! :(

Don't know if I can make this monthly cuz I have work in the morning and... Why not sunday?!
Top 4 was D3HF, V3x, Ninjal!nk, and L3thal Trilogy in some order. Bryan was 5th (<3), K3nnypu was 6th (they played a tiebreaker set to determine 5th/6th). Brick was 7th, and I'm not sure who he tied with/the order of the top 4. I know D3HF and Ninjal!nk were in Winners Finals though, so the two of them had to be top 3.

:005:

Kantrip

Kantplay
H3y Fir3fly, is th3r3 a r3ason for this madn3ss?

Also, great work by Asa placing top 5 with those names up there alongside him!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
H3y Fir3fly, is th3r3 a r3ason for this madn3ss?

Also, great work by Asa placing top 5 with those names up there alongside him!
Because without it, that post would have been namesearch bait. =P

wow. good **** asa!
especially with 2 falcos in top 4, considering the falco-olimar mu.
He didn't have to play those falcos. He lost to Ninjal!nk's Diddy in Winner's and V3x's MK in Loser's.

:005:

SKidd

Smash Master
My first challenge was short hopping with Fox.

But I overcame it. Somehow.

Captain L

Smash Champion
topic title caught my eye in the most recent post of character boards

also I'm your #1 fan

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm up for Sunday at Home Video. Since it's summer anyway, most people should be free?

[COLLAPSE="Lol"]
But I overcame it. Somehow.
You can't start a sentence with a conjunction.

Why are you lurking in my threads
Questions need to end with a question mark.

SKidd said:
A lot is two words.
There is a subject-verb disagreement in that sentence.[/COLLAPSE]

Captain L

Smash Champion
It's already booked for Saturday. There's no reason you can't have a smashfest on Sunday though.

in other news, I now hold 5 absolute records in pokemon snap, and 20 tied records.

Top Bottom