• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Asa

Smash Hero
But it's MK.

Noone has experience against pit, everyone has experience against mk.
This is the dumbest of reasons not to use mk or any popular tournament character. Even if people know the matchup, you're still wielding a character with superior options :metaknight:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
But it's MK.

EDIT: Plus in smash 4 I'll be able to jump back on pit instead of the nerfed MK.
Pit could be nerfed too :p

[COLLAPSE="Insider Secret"]Zelda's going to be massively buffed and be top tier in the next Smash Bros. game. Time to start maining her now :p[/COLLAPSE]

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
JK MK sucks.

But yeah girls.

Also where you all at? Wolf the best always. +6 baby.

cookieless

Smash Cadet
i convicned a friend to come with me may be able to bring another also i can bring my wii if u want

Alphicans

Smash Hero
But it's MK.

EDIT: Plus in smash 4 I'll be able to jump back on pit instead of the nerfed MK.
I really wish that's how it worked.... But as asa said, options are options, there is really no way around it. MK will always have a superior option than his opponent in any given situation :/.

In all honesty, I hope you keep up pit, because the character needs a lot of rep in NA. Apparently he's good or something.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I really wish that's how it worked.... But as asa said, options are options, there is really no way around it. MK will always have a superior option than his opponent in any given situation :/.

In all honesty, I hope you keep up pit, because the character needs a lot of rep in NA. Apparently he's good or something.
I plan to.

arcansi do you play wifi?
No working controller. I'm working on getting one, but I want one nintendo brand and the only thing play n trade has is non.

SKidd

Smash Master
I have a spare controller I can bring if you ever need it, Arcansi.

I'll be watching Bryan's stream <3
Also Sinister knows what's up. <3

Kantrip

Kantplay
I was playing 64 today. This game is fun! The sounds are especially satisfying when you hit them. I'm having trouble with basic things, however, like the timing of z cancels and 64 spacing.

Rob, you think we could play some friendlies in which you give me a 64 crash course before we run the event?

:phone:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I got back from work on time to watch the last stock of the singles bracket and the best of 5 money match. How did Asa do?

Edit: I still have no confirmed housing yet. As I said, if I don't get housing, I'm not coming down. I only need it for the Saturday/Sunday night, as I will be coming from the island on Saturday morning.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm all caught up on my reading now.

Arcansi, how we usually go about going to and from tournaments is by greyhound. The trip is about 8 hours and costs about 60 dollars each way. Then us islanders have the housing issue, sometimes isn't too big of a deal, being that Starwaffle is usually generous enough to house people, but this time IHT and myself will be staying with IHT's brother, and I highly doubt that that could be stretched even the slightest.
Unfortunately this tournament is probably not the one to go to for islanders, especially being in our area of the island, we have to plan way ahead and save money to go.

SKidd

Smash Master
Wait till the tourney vids are uploaded OMG

Arcansi we'll be having a big tourney in September.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well... As GrapE said, it does cost a lot for Grey Hound, but depending on how badly you want to come, you could still go to it. Just remember it will cost a lot... I believe it's something like $200 per trip overall for north Island to go while Victoria it's $100 per trip.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I'm getting a job soon, but I don't have one ATM.

There's almost no way I'm getting $200 by the 16th, along with housing and the permission to go.

Pity there's no tournament in August.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think he said he doesn't want to go alone to a hotel if nobody else is going to be there. Blue Yoshi's get lonely too y'know.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
What I kinda meant is I am coming down to hang out with people in Vancouver, and it is costing me $100 for travel, plus all the travel time etc. If I'm just seeing you guys for the 8 hours I'm at the tournament, then going to a hotel/hostel alone afterwards, then the entire trip itself isn't really worth it anymore. I might as well stay at home and play video games here, or go play against the islanders or something. It's not only because I don't want to be alone, but if I am spending $100 to come here, travelling for over 10 hours, I'd like to make the rest of the time worth while and actually hang out with people, and being at a hotel/hostel... well, you get the idea. It's not so much me being lonely, it's more that that is not what I came down here for.

Also, can someone please confirm or deconfirm this, since I've "seen" this happen several times already, and want to make sure I am not going crazy.

I think he said he doesn't want to go alone to a hotel if nobody else is going to be there. Blue Yoshi's get lonely too y'know.
The last part of that quote. Has anybody else made a joke similar to that? I remember someone making that joke before (as in saying Yoshis in general (i.e. the character) get lonely). This is like the fifth time I recognize a post to something I thought I saw before... so... does anybody remember someone making a similar joke at some point? I am simply asking to confirm that I am not losing my sanity (or whatever is left of it... ;)).

Kantrip

Kantplay
Solution: book an overnight venue
Smash all night without sleeping
??????
Profit!

Also, I just said the yoshi thing, not sure if it's been said before. Your sanity is at stake here!

:phone:

Top Bottom