• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Captain L

Smash Champion
Come on skidd get with the times, I've known that for almost 6 months now.

By the way I decided that the monthly is definitely not having a livestream (since we'd get 0 viewers due to the genesis stream).

Captain L

Smash Champion
Sorry my parents said it was too farrrr :(
Yes I know it's dumb but I'm 17 and don't have a job or pay for my own gas.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
If twenty people come to this tournament, I'll go to Costco before I arrive and bring a cheesecake platter. No joke.

How's that for incentive >_>

Lurkers, this means you come and tell us you're interested!
On this note, I decided to try and get my smashboards account working again. (this is my third username)

ANYWAY, I'm here now, and I am interested in this, but...

I live in Courtenay, am 15 years old and have no way of making it anywhere (not even the smashfests) Also, I have no GC controller with a working C-stick.

So... I'm here. Stranded, but here.

Also, noone is that good down here, I'm the best we have.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
On this note, I decided to try and get my smashboards account working again. (this is my third username)

ANYWAY, I'm here now, and I am interested in this, but...

I live in Courtenay, am 15 years old and have no way of making it anywhere (not even the smashfests) Also, I have no GC controller with a working C-stick.

So... I'm here. Stranded, but here.

Also, noone is that good down here, I'm the best we have.
Vancouver island? Talk to Blue Yoshi; he should be able to fill you in on what goes on over there. Are you actually a Yoshi main? =0

:005:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
How? The forum doesn't let me make a new account and premium is broken so I can't change my username :(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Sorry my parents said it was too farrrr :(
Yes I know it's dumb but I'm 17 and don't have a job or pay for my own gas.
Can't your parents just let you drive the car once? They can't possibly expect a 17 year old person to pay for gas.

Do you have your Novice rank yet? :p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Arcansi... First, you better not be a dark blue Yoshi player, otherwise, we may encounter problems... ;)

Also, two island smashers from Campbell River are going to this tournament (GrapE and IHT). If you want, you can try to contact them to see how they're coming down, and see if you can go with them.

As far as a controller goes, people will likely be nice enough to lend you theirs so you can use a working one.

Edit: As far as me going, I will be leaving on Saturday (day of the tournament) on the 8am ferry likely, so unless you are in Victoria the night before I'm going, your best bet is to try to go with GrapE and IHT.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
How unfortunate. =(
Not to put off a pity vibe, but you have no idea.

I want to be a pro gamer pretty much more then anything, and yet im stuck gaming on a compaq presario and living here. I also own nothing but a wii and DS.

I thought we had made clear that no one mains Yoshi.
My friend does.

How? The forum doesn't let me make a new account and premium is broken so I can't change my username :(
My Iphone, and then when that failed, my friend.

Arcansi... First, you better not be a dark blue Yoshi player, otherwise, we may encounter problems... ;)
Rest assured I'm not. This was my icon before I decided who I mained in brawl. I do love Yoshi however.

Also, two island smashers from Campbell River are going to this tournament (GrapE and IHT). If you want, you can try to contact them to see how they're coming down, and see if you can go with them.
I'll look into that, thank you.

As far as a controller goes, people will likely be nice enough to lend you theirs so you can use a working one.
I could probably find one myself, although that's great to know.

Edit: As far as me going, I will be leaving on Saturday (day of the tournament) on the 8am ferry likely, so unless you are in Victoria the night before I'm going, your best bet is to try to go with GrapE and IHT.
There's no way I'm going to be there unless something really odd happens, but thanks for the offer.

EDIT: I can find neither GrapE nor IHT on the member list. How should I contact them?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I forget how I usually contact Grape (I believe through facebook chat...), but once I do get a hold of him eventually, I'll let him know that you're looking for possible transportation to the tournament. Either that, or he should show up here eventually...

So... who do you main? :p

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, you may not see me for a long time.

Assuming I can get a ride, I need to convince my mom to let me go with these people for 2 days.

This may be difficult, seeing as she wouldn't let me go over to an older friends house.

EDIT: Figure I might as well also say I'm an avid Brawl- player, if anyone else plays that.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Note the "recently Mk" part, that is very important.
My statement remains valid. I haven't seen a Pit player in a long time. Whether or not he plays other characters as well, Pit is one of his characters, making my statement true.
Note that I consider myself better at pit then MK.

I also have more fun playing pit then MK.

You make me want to play you really bad (Arcansi) >.<
I've wanted to play you guys for a couple weeks now.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
And I've been wanting to play you for a couple hours now ;)

But yeah, if it's more convenient at another point in time, we may have smash tournaments in Victoria as well. I host the "mainly smash" tournaments here, and will hopefully host a few during the summer (work finds a way to prevent me from doing so...). So... keep that in mind as well. Can't guarantee it will happen due to work scheduling issues, but if it happens, I'll let you know (and I'll post it here to see if other mainlanders are willing to make the trip) :p

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Note that I consider myself better at pit then MK.

I also have more fun playing pit then MK.

I've wanted to play you guys for a couple weeks now.
$20 says your MK is better than your pit. If not, it will be by the end of a smashfest if you use him exclusively.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
I will bring a girl to the smash community who mains snake in abouuutttt....1 and a half years or so!

Top Bottom