• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Aww... I'll give you a Kirby hug <(^o^)>

Anyways, I looked at the Victoria bus schedule to see what I can do for Saturday coming to this tournament, and came to one conclusion: Victoria transit sucks. The earliest ferry that leaves Victoria is at 7am. The earliest ferry I can make using transit is the 8am ferry, but that involves waking up at 6am (after finishing a 12 hour shift at 9pm the day before... 3 days in a row), and me making a half-kilometre run in about 4 minutes (carrying whatever I am carrying).

On the Vancouver side of things, if I make all of this, I can take the Vancouver transit and make it at the venue around 12:30. If I end up having to take the ferry an hour later (9am), I'll probably arrive at 1:30 instead.

Now then, will somebody be able to house me on the Saturday night?

I guess I'll just make a checklist of things that are possibly affecting my coming to this tournament:

1. I get Saturday and Sunday off.

2. I don't sleep in.

3. I actually feel like going.

4. Attendance is big enough.

5. Somebody can house me for the Saturday/Sunday night.

6. People will money match me in some way (last tournament I went to, I did about 30 money matches during the weekend).

7. Other factors I can't think of because I am too tired.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
My family is in Port Alberni, parents fishing, sister working there. I don't know anybody else in my area (complete opposite side of the Victoria area) who would be willing to drive me at 6am.

Or how about this: I am pretty sure that, as usual, we will start with a doubles event. I will just not enter doubles (I don't have a doubles partner, and would likely go random character), and arrive afterwards. This means I can sleep for a little longer, and I don't have to rush for any transfers or anything. That will be the easiest for me.

I'll figure stuff out the closer we get to the day. But Landon, what is the event schedule you plan on doing? i.e. doubles first? Events starting at noon? If you give me a timeline, it will be easier for me to figure out when I have to be there, and plan my route.

SKidd

Smash Master
Skidd you hotshot.
Lol.

What kind of question is this?
Just what are you, anyway?

I am matter...
I am antimatter...
I can see your past...
I can see your future...
I consume time...
And I will consume you!
Omg I love you <3

And he just wants a hug~!

:005:
I lol'd

Anyway, Rob, I hope you can make it. Just be sure to be there for singles. Would you like me to see if Starwaffle can house you?
dat multiquote

SKidd

Smash Master
You've only scratched the surface of the art of multiquote.

I'll link the full MV when it comes out, kay? Kay ^_^
It's a good thing the moderators around these parts are friendly.

Has anyone else here watched School Days(The anime)?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
tattoos hurt like a *****
They feel nice, you're just not MAN enough.

Also lololol at the posts before me.
I wanna go to the Tourney you guys make me hyped. :c

Captain L

Smash Champion
I will run this tournament the same as it's always run

AKA
Plan to start doubles at like 11 but actually start them at 12:30
Singles probably at 3:00 or so

smash 64 and low tiers will start after that.

Captain L

Smash Champion
But running a legitimate offline tournament is on my bucket listttttttt

13 isn't that bad

In other news I set three records on this page.

I don't name characters after myself in video games

Sin why can't you come?

Captain L

Smash Champion
I tried all day to get a stupid Pikachu on Articuno up close. And I also tried to get good vulpix pictures and a perfect moltres. He always docks me 10 points on size :mad:

SKidd

Smash Master
Unnecessary.

Star might not be able to house Rob. It's an 'iffy' date apparently.

So can anyone else house Rob? =[

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well, damn.

Looking at the attendance it doesn't seem like it to be honest. Unless there are people not there. Or maybe someone who isnt even coming can house?

Damn this tourney is looking sad.

lol

:phone:

Kantrip

Kantplay
No.

We are a failure as a region. Does a captain
L
select his crew? Does a coach select his team? Does a warlord select his troops? Yeah I should stop thinking of analogies these don't actually work.

No but seriously BC needs to grow more as a region :(

:phone:

Top Bottom