• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

HNG

Smash Journeyman
What event? Link. If it's that facebook thing, the link was broken. Well it didn't work for me.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Oh man Ocarina of Time N64 copy is a prize for melee gahhhhh

Are there any real melee players attending this?

Kantrip

Kantplay
HNG sportin' that puff? What can go wrong with a Meta Knight for low tiers, that's inferior in every way? :awesome:

She's my low tier, anyways. Everyone else just feels too bulky or awkward. Unless PT gets the drop next Tier List.

SKidd

Smash Master
So how are we for wiis? I can bring mine.

And how many people are going to enter doubles?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Evan, I am unlikely to go to your event for obvious reasons (from the island).

Also, apparently, I am now not on the schedule to work during this tournament (but apparently my schedule isn't out yet)... so... put me as unconfirmed (and make sure I get spot # 9 on the confirmation list).

And GrapE, no talking about any characters I play (aside from GaW). And whether or not I actually use the character I won our low tier event with, that is still up in the air. But when the time comes that I actually use my non-GaW characters legitimately, I would like for them to be a surprise so that people will be unable to counterpick me safely. And looking at the un-updated attendance (Landon being the only PR member), I might make this tournament the tournament I go other non-GaW characters.

That said, in case I do come, if anybody wants to money match, make a match-up suggestion. Pick a character for you, and pick a character for me, put a money value, and if I feel confident enough, I might accept (may not be for much money depending on the matchup, but we'll see). I would like to use characters I don't usually use in tournaments in "serious" matches, and this way, I'll have the chance. I might even use characters I rarely use (so don't use this as an easy way to find out what characters I'm using at the tournament...).

Also, if I do come, it will be very likely that I will actually take this tournament seriously, and try to win. My character choice might show otherwise, but I will be going all-out.

Long post, but meh.

Kantrip

Kantplay
The above post is intriguing. I'm glad you want to give your best effort, it makes me happy :)

I'll be entering doubles, SKidd. Low tiers too, if we run it as a side-event.

SKidd

Smash Master
You can confirm Star to the Waffle =D Him and I will be teaming <3

Jake, remember when I didn't bring my sensor bar and we had to sit there 'till someone else came? That was too funny, the disappointment/you are an idiot look on your face when I informed you of my lack of a sensor bar.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
What are these sensor bar things you guys are talking about? I always leave mine at home. The only time I ever use it for any reason is if I am playing a game that requires pointing at the screen. Otherwise, I don't use them at all, and neither does anyone at the smash club.

And Jake, I didn't plan on that happening the way it did, but it turned out perfectly lol. I was going to get you to put me at spot 9 once we had over nine thousand people on the list (e.g. swap, or move everyone else up, etc).

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Is there a way to start Brawl without the sensor bar and wiimote? o__o

*Goes to bed now... class from 9-12:30, work from 2-10pm*

Kantrip

Kantplay
How do you select stuff in the Wii menu? o.O

Also, I made this and posted it in the tier list thread. I'm so proud, thought I'd share it here too.

SKidd

Smash Master
Is there a way to start Brawl without the sensor bar and wiimote? o__o

*Goes to bed now... class from 9-12:30, work from 2-10pm*
Classic controller.

Candles, too, but you'd need a wii remote for that one.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
or every light in the room we use. They all work :)

Either that, or point your wii-mote towards the window. That's what I use at home. It sometimes works, only during the day though because of the sun, and if that fails, I know my 64 won't ;).

Asa

Smash Hero
If you have gecko, you can get it so that it'll go straight to the GeckoOS page w/o the wii channel bull****

Even if meta's fb link didn't work, why didn't anyone respond? that delivers a message of "not interested bro"

HNG

Smash Journeyman
If you have gecko, you can get it so that it'll go straight to the GeckoOS page w/o the wii channel bull****

Even if meta's fb link didn't work, why didn't anyone respond? that delivers a message of "not interested bro"
no one responded because the link didn't work. maybe people didn't bother to post that the link didn't work cuz they were..lazy? idk lol.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Uhmm, i'm gonna need a ride from Crisis. So i'd have to see if he goes or not cause I hate taking the transit cause idk where the **** i'm going.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I am pretty sure Facebook links only work for people who have facebook. Everybody else gets a dead link.

I did not respond because I am in Victoria, and that is too far a distance just for one or two events and that's it.

Metà

Smash Master
yeah you guys should really go to meta's event..

>____>
yes

Oh man Ocarina of Time N64 copy is a prize for melee gahhhhh

Are there any real melee players attending this?
I'm going lol

but I'll be using zelda only, no sheik :trollface:

people should come for melee too though cause it's ****.

ALSO, if anyone else can't access that link, let me know. I'll relay the information to you

HNG

Smash Journeyman
HEY. it's way past the date you said you'd:
1. Tell me about the genesis info plane tickets etc.
2. mailing back my tri-winged screwdriver

I WOULDN'T BE TALKING.

Top Bottom