• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Captain L

Smash Champion
j;lkjgalasgljasgjasd

Now what am I supposed to do with all of my smash 64 practice?! Have a one person tournament? At least before it could've been a glorified money match.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Feint did very advanced intense calculations. He did them in 10 seconds flat.

If I somehow get the days off (possible, but unlikely), then I'll show up and win both brawl and 64. Otherwise, I'll stay in Victoria and still win 64 :p

Captain L

Smash Champion
you can't call someone a friend until you've destroyed them at smash bros.

Not counting anyone here I have 10 friends by this definition <3

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
That is not "Super Smash Bros". Technically speaking, Super Smash Bros is the N64 version. Super Smash Bros Melee is the gamecube version, and Super Smash Bros Brawl is the wii version.

So for now, my statement still stand true ;)

SKidd

Smash Master
I'd have so many more friends if you guys had the balls to play me in Melee.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Trying to pick up melee. Donkey Kong was too slow for me, Doctor Mario felt pretty good.

Then I tried Jigglypuff. What did they do to brawl that made such an awesome character plummet. I know, removing hitstun....

SKidd

Smash Master
Skidd, melee money match?

Pichu FTW. By far the cutest character in any smash game. Way cuter than Mario :p
$1?

Skidd I played you at melee. Good times.
<3

Trying to pick up melee. Donkey Kong was too slow for me, Doctor Mario felt pretty good.

Then I tried Jigglypuff. What did they do to brawl that made such an awesome character plummet. I know, removing hitstun....
Jigglypuff is the worst character, are you kidding me?

Kantrip

Kantplay
You mean Kirby and Pichu?

Jigglypuff is a boss. #1 most manly character. Fox is stupid and drops like a... dumb rock.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
No, hitstun isn't the problem... it's the lack of a good rest. If rest doesn't kill the opponent, you're being punished heavily, resulting in a worse scenario than you were in before rest. If rest does kill, then another move could have killed as well... not to mention the opponent will likely die off the screen, punish your endlag, and kill you anyways.

Minus no rest (i.e. no decent kill move) and being excessively light, Puff isn't that bad a character. The only problem is these two flaws are so big it makes her plusses negligible.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
IMO Kirby is the worst character in melee.

However, the most pointless character to use in melee is probably Roy. Every single move he has, Marth's same move (in high level play) is much better. So... why would you ever go Roy?

It's almost like smash 64. All of Luigi's moves, jumps, movements, etc, Mario's moves are just way better (down-B might be the ONLY exception...).

Captain L

Smash Champion
When Jake gets back let's have a low tier tournament

Also Pikachu became top tier without even having to move on the list

Captain L

Smash Champion
I wish I could help you out with setups Meta but I don't even have one myself...

The ruleset in this thread though would be good :)

SKidd

Smash Master
I Lol'd hard at Wolf's video. Motivational Piccolo FTW.

You gonna be at the next tourney, Sinister? $1 MM? =D

Captain L

Smash Champion
I hope wolf and fox keep rising until they're top tier.

:troll:

70/30 top tier matchups for pika

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Wolf boards are currently discussing what a joke Pika MU is.. Not even jaykay. :awesome:

And SKidd I wish I could go but I got that bboy stuff :c

If I make it there i'm down.. but I don't I think I'll be there.

Top Bottom