• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Kantrip

Kantplay
I dont like my mains being high tiers. I played diddy before he was so high (at launch) and could never switch.

:phone:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Blue yoshi what you could do is drive to AB beatdown and pick people up in Vancouver to make a legit carpool. Just sayin'.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
inb4Jakechoosesyoshibecausehethinkshewillbegood

OR

he chooses MK, but will turn out to be low tier. lolololol

The only two scenarios imo

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am disappointed you'd even make such a suggestion.

Sakurai didn't even make link in brawl, that's how much he hates him. Probably got some bum to make his recovery.

Kantrip

Kantplay
On special brawl light gravity mode small brawl as well.
I'll be picking up k. Rool in ssbu. Unless sakurai does something horribly, horribly wrong (neglecting him again)

:phone:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Zelda4lyfe

I'd definitely play as Tails (fat chance), and there's gotta be a Pokemon from the B/W Generation too.

Looking for Stunfisk :(

Captain L

Smash Champion
I'm gonna pioneer the Pikachu metagame

Like, re-invent QAC or some equivalent

bundtcake

Smash Ace
if there's B/W Pokemon playable, it's either gonna be PT-style starters or Zoroark... I'm hoping for starters! Snivy/Dewott/Emboar would be ideal :D

but super ideally, it would be Totodile/Bayleef/Typhlosion, because GSC was cooler

also, calling it now, I'm gonna main the character that people deem to be the biggest waste of space on the roster; that's how I picked up ROB after all 8D

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
When the new smash game comes out, I'll do what I did in brawl. Start off as just Yoshi because it's Yoshi, then unlock GaW and use both Yoshi and GaW (because GaW was my melee main), hit a few amazing 9's (like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOVV5pGzi7A&feature=channel_video_title), then have GaW as my main with Yoshi as a 2nd. Then after a few months, start using random, then main random. Then enter a tournament, and go back to Yoshi and GaW.

Blue yoshi what you could do is drive to AB beatdown and pick people up in Vancouver to make a legit carpool. Just sayin'.
It costs $47.25 to bring the car each way on the ferry to Vancouver ($94.50 both ways). So that's already out of the question.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Dang, I was beaten too... :(

... Somebody host a tournament lol. I can't confirm myself any specific weekend, so I can't commit myself to being the host, but if I do end up coming down, I can host. However, someone should at least plan a tournament and have a back-up host. It's been too long lol.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Welcome to BC! Unfortunately, the main tournament host (me >.>) has left for the summer, and nobody has really filled the spot yet. The same thing happened last year too...

Somebody's got to be able to do it. It's not that hard to do. ;-;

:005:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I have no problem hosting tournaments, but being from the island and not being able to confirm until probably a few days beforehand doesn't help. I will host several island tournaments since we are able to do last minute tournaments (we've had a 15 man attendance for a smash tournament I decided to host an hour after we normally start, and everything worked out fine). So... we'll be fine, but by the time you mainlanders get stuff organized for a tournament, GaW may no longer be my main :p

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh, sounds intriguing. Is it random you are giving him up for or do you actually have a new main?

We need someone experienced, older than SKidd and me, and able to host tourneys on the mainland :(

Captain L

Smash Champion
and while they're getting used to it (for like an hour) I'll be playing up to my full potential already.

I'm an hour ahead of the metagame!

Kantrip

Kantplay
The metagame for a game that's not in development for a console that isn't even finallized 100%!
Everyone seems hasty to be done with Brawl :p

Top Bottom