• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Boston Goalie: Oh em gee he's going around me, I better do a little diev to try and check him. Oh noez I missedz.

Burrows: Lol noob.

SKidd

Smash Master
We need a TO.

I'm too young, Feint is too young, Rob lives on the island and is a troll, and Asa is in Hawaii.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Who could TO though? Blue Yoshi BlueYoshi Rob? Breez ben? Firefly tildes jake? Captain L CaptainL Landon? Bundtcake Asa in a tag-team of Bryan Brian?

Lol namesearch. But actually, who would be able + willing + available to TO?

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
im going to Douglas college for a BBA degree(4 years)

they BBA program is really good. =)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Venue, organizing the money stuff, doing pools and bracket, making sure everything happens, taking all the blame for everything.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
btw, E3 starting tomorrow!
Watch Nintendo announce a new Smash Bros. game for Project Cafe.

Then we gotta cough up the money to get one. Everybody let's keep HST so their low income rebates can help pay for the console + game >_>

SKidd

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm broke as ****.

I am also 11.

I was hoping for a 3DS as a possible replacement for my DSi in the future, but alas, home consoles/Smash come first. It's also nice to have the rest of the regular competitive games(i.e. Next Mario Kart, Mario Strikers(Hopefully? =D)).

So yeah, how do I make money gaiz?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Mowing lawns around your neighborhood and babysitting? I'm basically just saving up from birthdays over the years (invite as many people as possible to parties = profit!)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Make money by winning BC smash tournaments. You really have 3 options if you want to make the money:

-Become very good at brawl or just pick up Meta Knight.
-Become ridiculously good at melee.
-Become ok at 64.

So... your best bet is to play smash 64, as the skill level at the bottom end of the money is way lower than the skill level at the other games. Plus it's very easy to pick up
but very hard to master, but you don't have to worry about that at BC's level

Lets see how many more people start picking up smash 64 :p

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hey Byoshi, how do you deal with the N64 controller? I love the game, but the Control stick on an N64 controller hates me. You can't even smash it!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I think I can make the 8th.. Anyone wanna go?

:o

Captain L

Smash Champion
First place is a gamecube controller for the brawl tournament!

I got this guys.

Better start practicing my ffa

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Brawl Free for all? This is going to be Tsukino Con all over again. On the rare chance I go, if nobody scary shows up, I'll go random every match again. I won 1st at Tsukino going all random, very easily lol.

Better idea. If this is on the Friday only, someone host a Saturday tournament. Then I can come on the Friday (or Thursday), take part in both tournaments :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'd come but the timing depends on where it will be. I get off work at 4pm at Richmond.

I have my imaginary dunce cap prepared too :D (So glad I will have a scapegoat for losing!)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Blue yoshi, you should come to AB beatdown 2 July 25th. Confirmed 64 tournament, with possible decent attendance + Dan will for sure be playing.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
By "Dan will for sure be playing", do you mean he will actually play hours of 64, or half a Falcon free-for-all and go back to brawl? ;)

I might be interested in going to a tournament in Alberta. However, financially, I'm having troubles (confirmed job taking forever to confirm, if that makes any sense). So... that said, unless a plane ticket is less than $50-$100, I may rely on a carpool or something. Nevertheless, is there a link or something? Maybe others are up for a carpool...

Also, by confirmed 64 tournament, does that mean "Dan confirmed, and maybe but unlikely more" (i.e. a 2 man event), or "we regularly have over 20 entrants to a 64 event"? Also, what other games are being played? As tempting as it would be to go down for 64, traveling all that distance just for 64 isn't worth it (especially with me lacking work for the moment...).

If this post makes no sense at all... then... well... is there a link to the event? Maybe that would clear up a few of the un-understandable questions... :p

Alphicans

Smash Hero
By "Dan will for sure be playing", do you mean he will actually play hours of 64, or half a Falcon free-for-all and go back to brawl? ;)

I might be interested in going to a tournament in Alberta. However, financially, I'm having troubles (confirmed job taking forever to confirm, if that makes any sense). So... that said, unless a plane ticket is less than $50-$100, I may rely on a carpool or something. Nevertheless, is there a link or something? Maybe others are up for a carpool...

Also, by confirmed 64 tournament, does that mean "Dan confirmed, and maybe but unlikely more" (i.e. a 2 man event), or "we regularly have over 20 entrants to a 64 event"? Also, what other games are being played? As tempting as it would be to go down for 64, traveling all that distance just for 64 isn't worth it (especially with me lacking work for the moment...).

If this post makes no sense at all... then... well... is there a link to the event? Maybe that would clear up a few of the un-understandable questions... :p
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302670 (I've posted this link multiple times).

There are confirmed 6 others from Calgary coming just for 64. I know a few more of us will be entering 64, because I think we're gonna do 1st/2nd get the same % of the pot. Maybe like a 16 man bracket.

Tons of other games will be played though. AB Beatdown is not a smash tournament. Smash will likely be the smallest game there.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
More important is how much the entire thing costs... plus $50-60 bucks for SSB4 which should be out in 2-3 years?

By the way Sakurai, it's time you make things right. Zelda for top tier 8D

Top Bottom