• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

bundtcake

Smash Ace
wat/ gcn controllers not usable for the wii u? D:

totally being a wiimote-only player then, screw wiichucks and classic controllers!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
inb4updatedGCCismade.

WiiU can gtfo with it's compatibility though, I finally finished making my GCC sexy and now I can't use it. Ninten are such trolls.

Also Bundt, Wiimote sucks. :upsidedown:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
My second control method is using just the wiimote. It sucks horribly. But with my experience using the keyboard for smash 64 (keyboard sucks even worse, especially with my config and no short hopping), I can actually do decently well with the wiimote.

I hate the nunchuck/wiimote combination. It's just awkward for smash.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Wiichuck is the most natural thing for smash. All the buttons are right under your fingers at all times.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
the only actually hard one to do is utilt since you'll just jump instead, ftilt and dtilt are super easy, just stagger the direction + button input and it'll be a tilt instead of a smash

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If I come down for a tournament, I don't mind hosting it. However, I will not be able to confirm a free weekend for a while... so if you rely on me, it will be a one day notice tournament, but I won't show up because of the attendance list being low due to it being a one day event... so someone else plan on hosting it, and if I can come, I can take over.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
We have weekly smash fests on Wednesday nights here, so the island is good to go. Even though smash isn't necessarily being played at smash fests... lol.

But the island is fine for smash. The mainland is suffering.

Asa

Smash Hero
yeah they're suffering cuz ppl don't wanna host anywhere.... :/

if i was in canada there'd be smashfests fo sho, with baked goods and ****

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Their fault for being lazy. We improve, and they'll get rusty, and I'll JV 5-stock all of them in tournament play (I will find a way to make it possible...).

Looked at the results. 1st, 2nd, 4th main Meta Knight, 5th and 6th use Meta Knight. So... aside from Tin Man, 5 of the top 6 main/used Meta Knight.

Someone had to point it out...

HNG

Smash Journeyman
We should just have everyone write out their own PR of what they think, and have them combined together to see where people thought who was where on average.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
From what I've learned from stats class... 30.

Then again people can make troll/joke lists, so it's best to let the panelists come to a mutual agreement.

SKidd

Smash Master
Very true Landon.

But you have no hope in Melee! Hahahaha!
... And even at that you use Jigglypuff and bair all day.

@LandonWiiMotePost

... And as a contribution to the current 'conversation', we need more tourneys for a PR update.

Top Bottom