• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'm actually interested in the math and computer science fields. But I also have an interest in the banking area, so might as well try that out too. If that doesn't satisfy my interests, I'll either be back into math, computer science, or some other 6th program lol.

Asa

Smash Hero
Feint, you're going to look back on these posts in the future and think, "Wow, what the **** was I thinking?"
Why's that? Mainly, why am I going to be looking back at old posts I make?
GG SKidd cp?

Hi five! Same here, minus the many program changes and thoughts of going back to Science.

Can't do too much with Science unless you truly excel and get into Pharmy, Med, or a PhD I think.
i like how both science and arts won't get you anywhere unless you go to the highest echelons of the faculty's career paths lol

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm actually interested in the math and computer science fields. But I also have an interest in the banking area, so might as well try that out too. If that doesn't satisfy my interests, I'll either be back into math, computer science, or some other 6th program lol.
I wanted to do Stats but my mom kept nagging about how useless it is and how countless of her friends' kids went back to school after graduating with a Stats degree.

i like how both science and arts won't get you anywhere unless you go to the highest echelons of the faculty's career paths lol
Science more so than Arts plus all the extra lab time and the more difficult courseload (imo).

SKidd

Smash Master
Well, Feint, sometimes you just happen upon them, and sometimes someone would quote one, and sometimes you're looking for something in an old thread.

It's just the way you phrase things, and when you go to tourneys you're usually all quiet. Like, I generally don't speak of people being cute (Landon :D) anymore, but when I look back on the posts I made about Landon or whoever (whomever?) it may be being cute, I facepalm.

... Or maybe it's just me.

Also I thought of something funny to say to Landon in school today, but I kind've forgot. Damn.

Wow, it sure looks like a lot more writing/typing in the little quick reply box than it is in the actual post.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
People are generally very self-conscious of themselves and make a big deal out of frivolous things. I'm guilty of that too but usually people don't care and you don't embarrass yourself as much as you think you have.

It's whomever since Landon and <insert name> are the objects that the subject acts on. In this case, the subject is you making posts of the object. If a verb follows whoever/whomever, you would typically use whoever. Now if only I could apply this in my everyday speech because I end up using only whoever.

SKidd

Smash Master
People are generally very self-conscious of themselves and make a big deal out of frivolous things. I'm guilty of that too but usually people don't care and you don't embarrass yourself as much as you think you have.

It's whomever since Landon and <insert name> are the objects that the subject acts on. In this case, the subject is you making posts of the object. If a verb follows whoever/whomever, you would typically use whoever. Now if only I could apply this in my everyday speech because I end up using only whoever.
Yeah, it's just yourself though. It's like looking back in school at your previous projects and thinking, "How could I have possibly been that dumb?"

And for the whomever/whoever thing...
I didn't get any of it :s
Also I like how you use 2 spaces rather than 1 after a period. I want to get into that habit =(
Aleate you're so smart, I love you so much <3

... Wow, very unorganized post(For my standards).

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I go back to old posts quite often. I've actually re-quoted a quote to a fellow 64 mod that he made, and he forgot about it entirely. He still doesn't remember posting it (I didn't link him). But it was a 2 year old or so series of posts.

I also go back to the first post I made in the 64 boards. Everyone thought I was a random Kirby noob lol. The difference between now and then is huge :p

So... basically, I go back to old posts too :p

When I play mafia games in the DGames section, I have to do that all the time lol.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm, I think I'm too lazy to look back on my older posts. The first thing I typed on this forum was my name but everybody calls me Aleate. I tried to make a new account on this forum since I don't like the name Aleate (don't even know how to pronounce it) but it said mults aren't allowed.

And no, I'm not very smart at all. I was just fortunate enough to have an awesome English professor who beat down the basics of grammar into my class. Also, I think this forum cancels my double spaces :x

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
You can always change your name... ;)

Edit: It cancels mine too. But I'm too used to doing them that I'm still doing them. I did them after each period in this paragraph even, not on purpose, but just out of habit. lol :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh, really? No point in changing it anymore though, haha.

I was taught to double space after my periods but my friends call me insane for doing so. Apparently the norm is to single space after periods. (Pro Tip: increase the font size of all your periods in an essay to make the essay seemingly longer)

Anyway, since I'm a fatty time to head to the gym and Costco :D

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ah I see SKidd. Eh, I usually disregard my forum posts because when I talk to friends it is also using very strange grammatical structure. I'm incredibly quiet and shy around people I don't know well until I become comfortable. After two tourneys I'm already feeling like a part of the smash scene :)

I guess if I do look back on my posts in the future, I'll either have changed my posting style and say "wtf I was dumb sounding" or I will continue to post in the strange way I do now and care little about it :p

Blue Yoshi, can you change your name without Premium? :D

Kantrip

Kantplay
Whoa, sweet! I was lurking the premium thread and noticed there were a lot of problems and that people were unable to get premium, but all I wanted was a name change. I might just have to do some PMing... :roll:

T-block

B2B TST
Unless they changed it back, premium name changes can no longer be gifted. You used to be able to give them to other people, but I'm pretty sure that's no longer the case.

If you find out otherwise though, I have a name change I can give you, so let me know.

SKidd

Smash Master
Aleate, could you possibly explain the whoever/whomever thing in simpler terms for me(If you can)?

Thank you :)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, I definately want to learn to spell better and use better grammer. Please explain, I'll listen as good as I can. Me and SKidd honestly want to no.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Aleate, could you possibly explain the whoever/whomever thing in simpler terms for me(If you can)?

Thank you :)
Huh, somebody actually wants to learn grammar? Can't tell if being trolled... :(

Let me see...

Simply put, whoever is like:

I, you, he/she, they

since they are all followed by a verb.

I go.
You go.
He goes.
They go.

Objects do not get followed by a verb since objects do not conduct the action and is the dependent in any sentence. Whomever can be replaced with:

Me, you, him/her, them.

You can play with me.
I can play with you.
You can play him.
You can play with them.

You can, for the most part, replace subjects with who/whoever and objects with whom/whomever.

Who goes?

I am. You are. He is. They are.

You are playing with whom?

Me. Yourself. Him. Them.

Generally, nobody cares if you use these words wrong verbally. But in writing, just check if there's a verb (action word). 90%+ of the time, who/whoever has a verb after and whom/whomever does not.

Sorry, I dunno how to teach this stuff for the life of me. I think I can only explain by example.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually, that was a pretty good lesson. I was trolling (mostly to get a reaction from SKidd) but I'm sure he legitimately wanted to know.

SKidd

Smash Master
Thank you very much, Aleate =D

And yeah, Feint, 'definately', 'Me and SKidd', obvious troll is obvious.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Of course it's obvious. I even stated I had been trolling. I'm actually that one guy at school who corrects everyone on their horrid grammar when they speak.

Whoever wants to take the seat by the door can go ahead, I'll sit next to whomever.
Also, who stole the cookies from the cookie jar? I have a shotgun, but I need to know for whom it is I'm looking.

In seriousness, amidoinitrite?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Someone should have a smashfest this weekend or something. Just sayin.

Btw Asa I can show you some moves next monthly if you want :upsidedown:

I vote 21st :awesome:

Online keyboard is worse than Zelda. ****.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I have 4 provincials in late June.

pfffffffttthahahahaha who studies?
In my Grade 12 year, I did 2 Provincials in December and 5 IB Exams in May. Got over a month off school afterwards :3

By the way, aren't Provincial Exams optional these days? I got exemption since I did IB Exams o_o

bundtcake

Smash Ace
In my Grade 12 year, I did 2 Provincials in December and 5 IB Exams in May. Got over a month off school afterwards :3

By the way, aren't Provincial Exams optional these days? I got exemption since I did IB Exams o_o
english 12 is the only mandatory grade 12 exam iirc, but there's provincial exam scholarships you can get for taking a certain amount of provincials and getting good marks on them, plus it looks better when you're applying for universities/scholarships/bursaries/etc

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
english 12 is the only mandatory grade 12 exam iirc, but there's provincial exam scholarships you can get for taking a certain amount of provincials and getting good marks on them, plus it looks better when you're applying for universities/scholarships/bursaries/etc
Oh I see. Lucky guys and your optional provincials and free summer school :(

Btw, my bad. The dates should be on the 18th & 25th.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
So like hai guys.

(Finally got a sexy new laptop).

SKidd

Smash Master
Thanks, for sharing Aleate, I enjoyed that. xD

What is this provincial stuff you all speak of?
... Lol, it's fun being in Grade 6 :3

Also, I like how every avatar on this site is Smash, Pokemon, or Anime. lol

Captain L

Smash Champion
Provincials are optional final exams (minus the manditory English 12 provincial) for grade 12 courses. I took all of my optional ones this year. They are all weighted as 40% of your total mark. There are only two reasons a person might take all optional ones.

1. They have a deathwish
2. They are overconfident and want to get the scholarships that are awarded for at least 86% on 3 exams

Taking physics 12 chem 12 history 12 and math 12 gonna be fun (except history).

Hand drawn pokemon avatars of facepalming pikas are the best

Oh and I should also add that there are manditory provincials for Math 10, Science 10, English 10, and socials 11.

Top Bottom