• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah. I didn't know that optional provincials exist actually. I have all my mandatory grade 10 ones coming up (well, socials and math, I had english and science first semester).

Asa

Smash Hero
Someone should have a smashfest this weekend or something. Just sayin.

Btw Asa I can show you some moves next monthly if you want :upsidedown:

I vote 21st :awesome:

Online keyboard is worse than Zelda. ****.
probaby won't go to the next monthly, attendance won't be big enough, and jj won't be there.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Provincials are optional final exams (minus the manditory English 12 provincial) for grade 12 courses. I took all of my optional ones this year. They are all weighted as 40% of your total mark. There are only two reasons a person might take all optional ones.

1. They have a deathwish
2. They are overconfident and want to get the scholarships that are awarded for at least 86% on 3 exams

Taking physics 12 chem 12 history 12 and math 12 gonna be fun (except history).

Hand drawn pokemon avatars of facepalming pikas are the best

Oh and I should also add that there are manditory provincials for Math 10, Science 10, English 10, and socials 11.
Are you an overachieving Asian person?

But yea that's looks tough. Good luck man.

I bombed my Social Studies 11 Provincial but mine didn't get marked since it was the trial year for it or something. I did get 95 and 93 on my Math 12 and English 12 exams which is all I wrote in terms of provincials many years ago...

Is the 3 +86% scholarship part of that Passport to Education?

Anyway, I hate talking academics/school because it ends up being why I don't plan on graduating soon or about how old classmates got in Medical School or Harvard.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Landon is white. And cute.
Ahaha. Just stereotyping here :D

Honestly, I'm glad he's not Asian. I'm so sick of meeting overachieving Asians all the time. This is the only place where I disclosed my provincial results. Seeing as how nobody knows me yet in real life, I can show off just a little :(

Edit:
There's SO much out there besides school. Take a year off and get a job or explore the world around you. It's hard to decide what you wanna do in the future and commit 40+ years doing it. Better than being like me who did a few years of Biology, close to a degree, and just quit . I was in denial. I couldn't admit it to my family because I was ashamed but now that the drama has passed I have no regrets. I wish I didn't enter school directly and just explored what's out there :D

Btw, anybody wanna add me on MSN or something? I'm only on past 10pm though :(

Oh Skype too although I'm new to it :o

Crisis

Smash Ace
In my Grade 12 year, I did 2 Provincials in December and 5 IB Exams in May. Got over a month off school afterwards :3

By the way, aren't Provincial Exams optional these days? I got exemption since I did IB Exams o_o
Woah. IB student here! I just failed it :(. They put all my hl's + english in the same week.

SKidd

Smash Master
Aleate, you're the coolest guy ever. Marry me.

Edit: OMG forgot all about msn - skidd16 at hotmail dot calm <3

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Woah. IB student here! I just failed it :(. They put all my hl's + english in the same week.
I get asked about IB all the time by parents wanting to push their kids into it. I gladly recommend to them that IB is a terrible program and it's work ethic that gets you through school, not learning stuff you'll forget in advance. The good thing about IB exams is that if everybody does badly, then you'll get a good mark. The opposite is true though :(

I'm sure you did fine. IB therefore I BS 8D

Edit: OMG forgot all about msn - skidd16 at hotmail dot calm <3
Haha, going to the gym now. I'll add you later tonight :D

and i'm the local negro
I swear to goodness I don't know any black people. Hope to meet you someday :) (Based off the posts I assume you're in Hawaii)

Crisis

Smash Ace
I get asked about IB all the time by parents wanting to push their kids into it. I gladly recommend to them that IB is a terrible program and it's work ethic that gets you through school, not learning stuff you'll forget in advance. The good thing about IB exams is that if everybody does badly, then you'll get a good mark. The opposite is true though :(
It's really not worth anyone's time. I had to suffer while my friends took easy online courses with tutoring to get high GPAs.
My predicted was one of the lowest as well, so now I'm university-less :(:(

Question for all you university goers. Asa? What's the better option? Going to some local college like Langara and transferring, or going to UVIC? I don't think I'm going to be accepted into anything else.

T-block

B2B TST

I'm sure you did fine. IB therefore I BS 8D
This man knows what's up. I completely agree <3

Some parents are so stupid sometimes.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Long story short, I didn't do too well myself and was on antidepressants during my grade 12 - 1st year of post-secondary.

Nothing wrong with community college, it's pretty much the same except smaller classes, cheaper tuition, and a higher chance of having a prof who CARES about your wellbeing. Have you looked into UBC Okanagan or SFU Surrey? They're not "main" campuses but they're both great. I heard SFU Surrey being very comprehensive in what they offer. (I suggest a local school for the sake of saving money)

All this aside, PSN's up :D... erm the Store that is.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Long story short, I didn't do too well myself and was on antidepressants during my grade 12 - 1st year of post-secondary.

Nothing wrong with community college, it's pretty much the same except smaller classes, cheaper tuition, and a higher chance of having a prof who CARES about your wellbeing. Have you looked into UBC Okanagan or SFU Surrey? They're not "main" campuses but they're both great. I heard SFU Surrey being very comprehensive in what they offer. (I suggest a local school for the sake of saving money)

All this aside, PSN's up :D... erm the Store that is.
deffs agree with aleate here, at least for the first few years of post-secondary, community college is pretty much just as good as university, though after those first few years you might want to transfer so you have more options available and so that your degree ends up looking a bit more prestigious :p

i'll be at a tournament in september
yaay :D

although it still sucks that we're both missing each other's birthdays :(

SKidd

Smash Master
Ah... I see.

I haven't got anything about it (or whatever) yet.
... Uhm?

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Sinister, I heard you lost to CT-Lavos in the Global Brawl Tournament Series etc.

Was he any good? Do you think I could beat him? lol.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Yeah, I think you could take him. As long as the connection's good, kinda ******** for us.

I was coming off a week break so I played kinda eh lol, you might do Marth dittos but he's got a decent WeeGee.

You got dis. :upsidedown:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Crisis, your best bet is to go to UVIC. I'm not saying this solely because that would give us another smasher in Victoria ;)

I would gladly host a tournament. There are conditions though. First, there has to be a decent attendance. Second, work/other comes first, so depending on the schedule of that... which is usually last minute anyways... lol. So... yeah, that's where I am as far as a tournament goes hosting-wise.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I remember the UVIC people coming to my high school for Post Secondary Night. Only thing I remember is "Come to UVIC, we have bunnies frolicking on our fields!".

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Humanely trapped and killed? That doesn't sound right...

Poor bunnies and to think this was just two months ago :<

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Um, I think I drove out all the regular posters in this thread with my awkwardness :(

Top Bottom