• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SKidd

Smash Master
I wish the best of luck to you all tomorrow and especially to Rob right now.

Good night.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Good night, SKidd.

Rob, you don't have any transportation problems in the morning, do you? I've asked now, awaiting a response.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I can bus my way to the ferry. I know the bus system well enough. So no problems, all I need is a place to sleep for the night.

But yeah, I can sleep on the floor, I can bring a sleeping bag, etc. etc., whatever makes it convenient for you will work for me :p

Kantrip

Kantplay
No no, I can give you my bed for the night. No worries, there. All I need is for my mom to text back saying she's alright with it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well... Here's the thing: My mom isn't comfortable having you since she doesn't know you. :(

The only solution I can see is if you are alright with a tent in my backyard.............

which is pretty ****ty, I know....

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yes on 9 conditions:

1. We have to win doubles.
2. You have to deal with pancakes.
4. You have to get over the fact that I skipped 3.
5. You have to give me a crash course in smash 64 so I don't fail at it.
6. You.
7. Have.
8. To.
9. Insta-kill me with G&W.

EDIT: But yes it is confirmed. See you tomorrow, guys!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
1. We are using double Diddy, 4 bananas. Of course we will win.
2. I love pancakes.
3. I will eventually get over the fact that you skipped 4 ;)
5. I can do that. Tell me a character and I'll do what I can to help you.
6. I
7. Will
8. Simply
9. Unplug your controller and hit you with a weak attack.

Well then, I will see everyone there tomorrow then. Thank you [9000 + X (X > 0)] times Feint :)

Now time to see what busses I will need to take. I will probably end up waking up in less than 4 hours lol.

Edit: If I can run a 700 metre distance in one minute, I will catch the 8am ferry. Otherwise, I will be catching the 9am ferry. If I catch the 8am ferry, I should be there somewhere between 12:30 and 1:00. If I catch the 9am ferry, I should be there somewhere between 1:30 and 2:00.

Well, see you guys there :)

Edit edit: I am waking up before 6, which means basically 3 hours of sleep. I'll probably end up sleeping on the busses and ferry. Ugh, hopefully I'm awake enough to do well at the tournament lol.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Sleeping in is awesome.

Without looking at the bus schedules, I will estimate I'll be there sometime between 2:30 and 3...

I guess start doubles without me or something... :( Sorry Feint.

Edit: I might actually make the 9am ferry anyways lol :p So... I might be there between 1:30 and 2 :)

If someone has a cell, can you text me your number (I don't have caller ID), and I'll call you so that you can tell everyone when abouts I should be arriving.

(25O)-B96-S3B9

(B = 8, S = 5, O = 0)

HNG

Smash Journeyman
My prediction is true so far!

ALSO GUYS HOME VIDEO CAN'T KEEP THE TVS THERE MUCH LONGER CAN ANYBODY STORE THEM AND CAN ALSO BRING THEM TO THE NEXT TOURNEY? EVEN IF YOU CAN STORE 1 OR 2 THAT'D BE AWESOME
Crisis was looking for some CRT TV's for a smashfest iirc. ask him.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
My prediction is true so far!

ALSO GUYS HOME VIDEO CAN'T KEEP THE TVS THERE MUCH LONGER CAN ANYBODY STORE THEM AND CAN ALSO BRING THEM TO THE NEXT TOURNEY? EVEN IF YOU CAN STORE 1 OR 2 THAT'D BE AWESOME
Well I'm not at the venue, but I can come pick a few up when we next have an event =D
I think by the time the next event happens, the TV's won't be there.

SKidd

Smash Master
Results:
1. Landon
2. Deap
3. Big D
4. Rob?
5. Grape and me <3

Really fun tournament!

Captain L

Smash Champion
Big D is a new guy with a very impressive snake, he two stocked me in game 2 of winners finals, low percents!

I'll start working on the results thread now :bee:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Was fun, although I sucked :p

By the way guys, clean up after yourselves! Somebody forgot their cell phone case as well.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah Big D was really good. His Snake/Dedede/Wario were all surprising. Fun tourney, I'm getting better I think :)

SKidd

Smash Master
Big D is like seven feet tall. He may have also accidentally taken Grape's controller.

Also, I should buy premium and change my name to José Esteves Paco.
Also, I am the only Canadian in the Brawl community.

And Deap will be in BC for a loooong time now. He's PR potential now =D

Kantrip

Kantplay
After the big tourney in September, I believe it will be a good time to take another look at updating the PR.

Also, I believe Landon wants to use Unity ruleset. What this means for you, SKidd, is that you need to pick up a character because I'm picking up a secondary just for you....

:troll: :dedede: :troll:

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Also, I am the only Canadian in the Brawl community.
whatup. i'm 100% Canadian.

Also, interesting turnout. I thought it would be like a 6 man tourney or something. Also, lol deap .. pr. didn't he get beat by asadelta in MK ditto MMs? and asa dun even use MK.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Also, I believe Landon wants to use Unity ruleset. What this means for you, SKidd, is that you need to pick up a character because I'm picking up a secondary just for you....
Why wouldn't we use the Unity ruleset?

EDIT: The team that got first in Dubz is named Deap Sucks.

My doubles team for AiB was mememe sucks for the longest time (MEMEME670 is my usual online alias.)

Totally stole my preferred doubles team name bro.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x

Also, interesting turnout. I thought it would be like a 6 man tourney or something. Also, lol deap .. pr. didn't he get beat by asadelta in MK ditto MMs? and asa dun even use MK.
no you aren't, you are chinese.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x

mk dittos dont probe anything.

any mk that plays gay can beat my mk, thats why i dont like mk dittos because every mk here plays so gay.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Deap sucks was my team name when I teamed with Andy a while ago.

Also I'm pretty sure lots of team names exist that are "X person sucks"

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12294

I uploaded the tio file, if you're registered on AiB please say you attended this!

Now for the important stuff, when do people want the August tournament? :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^On a Sunday.

Big D scares me. He's hella big and 6 years younger than me :x

no you aren't, you are chinese.
With that train of thought, nobody's really Canadian except the First Nations since we all came from somewhere else.

And because I'm annoying this way...

[COLLAPSE="Info"]A Canadian citizen is a person who possesses Canadian citizenship by birth or through the naturalization process under the Canadian Citizenship Act.

Persons considered to be natural-born Canadian citizens can be born either in Canada (with exceptions for foreign diplomatic personnel), or outside Canada if, at the time of birth, one parent is a Canadian citizen. Such a parent cannot be an adoptive one.

Unlike citizenship by birth, citizenship by naturalization is not acquired automatically. Thus, it is not possible to acquire citizenship merely by marrying a Canadian or by residing in Canada for a certain period of time. Citizenship by naturalization must be applied for and the requirements of the Citizenship Act must in the vast majority of cases be met; however, in order to alleviate cases of special or unusual hardship or to reward services of an exceptional value to Canada, the Act provides that the Governor in Council may direct the Minister to grant citizenship, even though the requirements of the Act are not met.

Source: Canadian Citizenship Act[/COLLAPSE]

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
As I told Kev (Aleate), depending on your definition of "Canadian", I could be the only Canadian here. First Nations were not called Canadian, nor were they Canadian. Canada ended up being called Canada when the French and British colonized the area. Being a French Canadian myself (coming down from the French settlers), I am a true Canadian. First Nations ended up becoming Canadian afterwards, but they were not originally Canadian.

| Big D |

Smash Master
As I told Kev (Aleate), depending on your definition of "Canadian", I could be the only Canadian here. First Nations were not called Canadian, nor were they Canadian. Canada ended up being called Canada when the French and British colonized the area. Being a French Canadian myself (coming down from the French settlers), I am a true Canadian. First Nations ended up becoming Canadian afterwards, but they were not originally Canadian.
I'm also French Canadian so obviously I agree.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
not really! they only called it canada because they thought the first nations called it canada, therefore the first french and british settlers considered themselves either french or british living in a french or british colony, and considered the first nations to be indigenous people of canada, therefore being "canadian"

Top Bottom