• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Well, before reading that last post, I had put my odds of coming at around 40%, but seeing me coming as the ninth item on the list, my odds instantly rise to 90% :p

Well, here is my situation. I really REALLY want to go to the tournament. Like, I'll go. The only thing which is a down side is that there are no ferries until the next morning, and as of this moment, I have nowhere to stay during the night. So... as of this moment, if I go, I will be sleeping outside.

So that said, the one thing that will 89% confirm me for this tournament (since an 8 to 9 combo is amazing) is if somebody can give me housing. If someone can, then confirm me. Otherwise... >_>

So, I'll ask again just because I love asking this question...

can anybody house me? I would only need housing from Saturday night to Sunday morning.

Deap, money match? ;)

Bryan, if you don't place in the top 1337, don't come back to BC, unless you bring baked goods to the next tournament ;)
$5 mm is ok for me

SKidd

Smash Master
I really hope you can come, Rob. I love you. And if you think of my love for you while sleeping outside, then you won't be cold.
Also you should grow a beard and make a sign that says "Change for the poor" and then a cup right below it. And be clenching your stomach the whole time.
But otherwise... I asked Star again and he said he really couldn't. Sorry. I REAAAALLLYY want to see you. This has transpired most unfortunately.

Also, hype for more new people!

bundtcake

Smash Ace
so I don't really have anything to add to the discussion but I really wanted to post some paul robertson art because paul robertson art is always a good idea

ALWAYS

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I recognize 5 off-hand, probably know more, but meh.

Landon, is it at all possible for you to house me? If anybody houses me, then I can be confirmed for the tournament. Think of all the smash 64 we could play lol :p

SKidd

Smash Master
I recognize Totakeke, Duck Hunt dog, Okami, the robot-dog(I forget its name[It's from Megaman?]), and Poochyena.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I asked my mom, it's a no go Rob.

Alternatively I could always ask my Dad tomorrow.
And yessssssss I thought about all the smash 64 :bee:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If I don't have anyone say they are giving me housing by tomorrow late-night, then I am basically confirmed not to go.

I don't need a bed. I'd bring a sleeping bag, and can sleep on the floor. So if a bed is the issue, it's not. I've slept on floors before being housed, and it's all good.

I am a nice guy. I don't bite :p

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Rob, you can house at my place.

Only, I won't be here.

And I live in Penticton.

But that's okay, because I have 3 CRT TVs, all the smash games and l4d2 both on my xbox 360 and steam. I also have two really big cool dogs.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
That dog with the headphones is baller..

Is anything happening Sunday?

NO PROMISES, I might be able to give you a place to sleep Rob. It's mostly a whether i'll be home in time or not though.

Somewhere else would be better but I'll see what I can do.

Captain L

Smash Champion
in case people were confused, if anything is going to happen Sunday I'm not organizing nor attending it

edit: Sin you know that he needs it Saturday night to Sunday morning right?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Yeah but since my house is empty i'm trying to be nice even if i'm not going.. lol.

Gotta support the scene you know? :upsidedown:

Captain L

Smash Champion
ohhhh I thought you were going to it, my bad.

Thanks for supporting the scene!

Crisis

Smash Ace
I only recognize 3 dogs. That dog with the big mouth, holding a bird, looks really familiar.

So do you guys want me to phone up home video for a smash fest sometime? Or has interest for one died down? o_O

Captain L

Smash Champion
My prediction is true so far!

ALSO GUYS HOME VIDEO CAN'T KEEP THE TVS THERE MUCH LONGER CAN ANYBODY STORE THEM AND CAN ALSO BRING THEM TO THE NEXT TOURNEY? EVEN IF YOU CAN STORE 1 OR 2 THAT'D BE AWESOME

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Looking forward to tomorrow. See you guys at 5:30pm :x

[COLLAPSE="Bailment"]Bailee's Duty of Care

In all bailment situations, the bailee has a minimum duty of care to ensure the safety of the property. If the bailee breaches or fails to uphold that duty, he can be legally liable for damages. A bailee can also be held liable for conversion if he uses the property without the bailor's permission, or doesn't return the property to the bailor upon request. A higher standard of care is imposed upon a paid bailee. There's a lower standard of care imposed upon a bailee in a gratuitous bailment. With a bailment agreement or contract, the parties can agree to hold the bailee free from liability.

The bailee's standard of care is determined based upon the purpose of the bailment, and whether it's for the benefit of the bailee alone, the bailor alone or for the benefit of both parties. If the bailment is for the benefit of the bailee alone, then the bailee owes a duty of extraordinary care. If the bailment is for the benefit of both the bailee and the bailor, then the bailee owes a duty of reasonable or ordinary care. Reasonable care is care that a person of ordinary prudence would exercise in the same or similar circumstances. If the bailment is a gratuitous bailment and is for the benefit of only the bailor, then the bailee owes only a duty of slight care.

Source: http://contracts.lawyers.com/contracts/Bailment.html[/COLLAPSE]

Kantrip

Kantplay
Next tourney meaning tomorrow or next tourney meaning NEXT tourney?

Also, what's the situation on Rob's housing?

Also, go go Asa ranger!

Also, hype!!

Also, also.

Also, :troll:

Also, what am I even doing?

Also, Ice block.

Also, I just did this to have 9 seperate points.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Omg Rob, i'm sorry man. I'm useless and I really doubt i'll be home for you when the Tourney ends so I gotta say my place won't work this time.

Man I feel like an *******.

:c

But i'm down for a Smashfest Crisis.. Just sayin.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^I hate to be nosy, but what time would you be able to take Rob in? I could always entertain him in the meanwhile... or attempt to anyway.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
And worst case scenario, I don't mind waiting. I can find something to keep me occupied, if it means I will sleep inside a building instead of outside in an alley or just outside a skytrain station...

And me and Aleate, as he said, can do stuff after the tournament. So... what time approximately would you be there?

And in the meantime while we wait for him to respond, is there anybody else who could possibly house me?

Edit: Does anybody know any way for me to contact Sinister?

Also, is there ANYBODY who is able to house me just for the one night?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm gonna ask my mom again. I have d&d after the tourney til 11, but if its easier than sinister's timing, I MAY be able to house.

She gets home in a bit and I'll ask, lol

:phone:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Problem with Sinister's timing is the only way I can contact him as of now is if he comes here and sees my post. If he is already asleep or doesn't come back...

I will need to know that I have housing by the time I go to bed (I will likely stay up late until someone says they can house me), since if I am going to the tournament, I will be leaving the house between 6am and 7am, and nobody will be awake by then...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
If we do get Rob some housing, can somebody pick him up at a Skytrain?

I'll take Rob to Braid, and tell him how to get to whichever station is most convenient for the houser?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I live in north delta. There are buses nearby but I dont use them so I dont know the routes or transfers necessary if skytraining scott road station is the nearest. Still dont know yet tho

:phone:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
To the single guest viewing this thread, can you house Rob? :p

Edit: Dammit the person left.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
There are currently 9 people viewing this thread. I think everyone wants to see if I am going lol :p

Anyways, can any of the 9 of you house me? :p

Edit: Feint... not to push you or anything, but seeing as it has been basically an hour and you haven't posted, and you said you'd ask in a "bit", if you are still waiting to ask, or have asked... or... anything, can you just post and let me know that you either asked or will still ask? Just so that I know you haven't fallen asleep and won't post for the night... Basically I just want to know that I am not waiting for a post that will never come... ;)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Posting to give Rob more attention.

I've done all I can, hope to see you tomorrow Rob :D

Top Bottom