• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

| Big D |

Smash Master
Yeah, I'd love to, I won't be here in august but I will try my best to come to others. Problem is is that I'm so busy with basketball, but I should be good as long as there are no basketball tournaments.

I really want to come again, I need to learn those match-ups.

I need more tournament experience lol.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
and first nations people (are rumored) come from Asia, so asian immigrants are obvs true canadians.
thats true, native people from all the countries in north america,central american and south america came from asia.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
In the end, Statutes override all so everybody is a "true" Canadian :)
yeah, canadian is a nationality not a race.

but if we talk about the REAL canadian people, those are the native,french and british even the spanish because bc was part of the "new spain"

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
and first nations people (are rumored) come from Asia, so asian immigrants are obvs true canadians.
no, just the native came from asia but that doesn't mean that all the chinese,filipinos and whatever are true canadian just look, they dont even speak english/french as their first language or they didn't even born here, so they are just new immigrants.

for example now in mexico and spain the chinese people are taking both countries, but that doesn't mean they are the true spanish people. in mexico for example, the true mexicans are the aztecs and those native tribes, not the spanish people. in my case for example, my background is Spanish with some Portuguese. in other words, i'm descendent of the spanish people who stayed here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Mexican

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Going back to yesterday, it was nice meeting you all. Some I got to know more than others but everything was less intimidating than I thought.

The only thing that ruined last night was the mess and the coke on my shoes but besides that everything was dandy :).

Deap was the most interesting guy there (in a good or bad way I am not sure) and was the source of many lols.

@Rob: Don't sweat the MK stuff. There's no reason not to do your best and if you lose, you know the odds weren't in your favour to begin with. It makes any win against MK that much more satisfying; it's like whenever I win with Lolda. Besides, you had your revenge already (ie. stabbing the bubble-tea-Meta Knight) ;).

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Double posting here for attention.

Anybody got MSN, Google+, or want an invite to Google+?

Kantrip

Kantplay
You know Deap's going to post more when he triple posts.

I'm fine if the entire smash community bans mk (which is now viable via Unity).

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Just finished watching Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Clearly the best movie in the series. Go watch it guys!

Captain L

Smash Champion
Imagine Jake's reaction if the community was like 100% in favour of banning MK

| Big D |

Smash Master
I just need a feel for MK. Next time, I'm bringing a whole bunch of nickels so Deap and I can have lots of MMs. I need to learn the MU.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Imagine Jake's reaction if the community was like 100% in favour of banning MK
D=<

I just need a feel for MK. Next time, I'm bringing a whole bunch of nickels so Deap and I can have lots of MMs. I need to learn the MU.
That's a good attitude.

I'm 100% against banning MK...as long as it doesn't become a universal thing. Banning him here, nerfing our chances to compete outside of our region and taking part in a universal ban are two completely different situations. I wouldn't mind seeing him banned universally, though for me, it would be because he f***s up the ruleset. >.>

The nice thing for us is that the few MK mains we have do have good characters to fall back on, so it's not like we'd be losing a large chunk of players. Deap has his Olimar (and he just said he wouldn't mind a ban, lol), Breez plays the entire top 5 on top of being a former Snake main, and HNG has his Lucario + possibly other characters he could bring up to speed. My best character aside from MK is barely even Mid Tier, but I'd be willing to make that sacrifice for the good of the community~!

:005:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Just gonna say that I pulled of a couple of "Happy Endings" in the tournament with Dedede. Improving the metagame... loljk.

Also, we may want to use this code in the future...

Disable Exiting Result Screen until Replay is Saved [NTSC]
C20F4560 00000002
38800001 90820000
60000000 00000000
040EB844 5400A7FE
040EB850 5403A03E
040EB868 5400A7FE
040EB874 5400A7FE
040E8040 4E800020
205A9320 00000001
040EB844 5400E7FE
040EB850 54030422
040EB868 540057FE
040EB874 5400E7FE
040E8040 9421FF60
E0000000 80008000
C20E6AC8 00000002
38000000 90020000
38000001 00000000

Captain L

Smash Champion
That would be the most annoying code ever for friendlies... If we did it then the Wii that it's set up on would basically become tournament only.

Jake's reasoning for keeping MK unbanned is quite solid though. I would not like to all of a sudden go to Washington and get wrecked by a character that is banned in my region. It would also kind of get our scene looked down upon I'm guessing, as the community that couldn't handle MK. If it becomes a universal ban, then sure.

As a character main who has no problems with MK though maybe I'm biased.

| Big D |

Smash Master
That would be the most annoying code ever for friendlies... If we did it then the Wii that it's set up on would basically become tournament only.
I've already set it up using riivolution so I can just reset my wii and load it with a different code set using the same SD card. For Gecko/Ocarina?USB loader, you would either have to start the wii without the code set, or load a different .gct file by loading one on a computer right before the tournament.

It's not necessary, but I am definitely am a culprit of quitting without saving replays.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
yo MM me. I'm better than deap ;o

also, i'm cool if MK was banned. I'll just go falco or snake lol. orrr Lucario. Skidd $5 MM Lucario vs Mario again? (((((:

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm seeing it as "we're ignoring everyone who mentions it".

Seriously, I haven't seen them say anything in response.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I've already set it up using riivolution so I can just reset my wii and load it with a different code set using the same SD card. For Gecko/Ocarina?USB loader, you would either have to start the wii without the code set, or load a different .gct file by loading one on a computer right before the tournament.

It's not necessary, but I am definitely am a culprit of quitting without saving replays.
This would be perfect for any tournament we decide to do a livestream for in the future, just stick the Wii with that code on the livestream TV and everything should be fine, because we should only be having legit matches there in the first place. If the tournament's done and we just want to do friendlies, we can just use my (or somebody else's) laptop to remove the code.

:005:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Why are we discussing a ban anyway? Is it because of a single match that happened on Saturday?

Now I hope this doesn't seem too ignorant or hypocritical, but wouldn't the best solution be to just learn to deal with MK better? Or is MK actually that broken?

People born on this planet are naturally better/worse off than others; the same idea should apply to the game as well.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Lots of people are discussing a ban. The thing with Meta Knight is... there are no ways to learn to deal with him better. You actually have to vastly outplay a Meta Knight player to beat them. MK has no disadvantaged and very few even matchups and is near impossible to punish for anything they do if they play correctly. As was shown at Genesis 2, MK can also completely ruin matches with degenerate stalling without even needing to grab the ledge.

I mad. :mad:

Top Bottom