• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggz Counters

Mushinronsha

Smash Cadet
Is there any possibility that some lower-tier characters may counter Jiggz? It just seems that top Puff players **** Fox/Sheik/Falco/Falcon players. A bit unfairly at times. I had mad respect for Mango when he pulled out a Fox vs Hungrybox's Puff for Pound 4 Grand Finals, but in the end Mango had to do Puff dittos. HBox is a great Puff player, but I think Mango is better all-around. So...any thoughts guise?

Beanman

Smash Cadet
Sheik and fox are both good against puff. I missed amsah's match against HBox and I would like to see jman play Hbox (He was sooo close to beating amsah)

Prawn

Smash Master
I heard Doctor Mario and Ganon have good matchups but iuno.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Not really, captain falcon can whoop jiggz, but only if it isnt a really good jigglypuff, and items are turned on,
but if not, its somewhat even.....

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
The thing is that Jiggs is able to cover most options for ever character. There's not much to do except for play "gay" against a Jiggs, of course unless your skill level has a huge gap. That's what someone told me... I forgot who it was.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
no one REALLY counter's jiggs
I mean with sheik jiggs can just bair spam till they're off the stage then **** her recovery
with fox there's uthrow rest and if the jiggs is any good he's not getting uthrow uaired, so then he relies on the laggy usmash for kills and that just doesn't fly
I've always considered Doc to be a soft jiggs counter, but that's my crackpot theorizing.

n1000

Smash Journeyman
really? i find da matchup slightly on puff's favour...just slightly
lolz...Hungrybox vs Amsah.

spoilers: the lag after sheik's recovery is bad enough for jiggs to edgehog -> rest

oh yeah Sheik can't punish missed rests either so it's real bad.

X1-12

Smash Champion
some of the jiggs' i know say sheik is easiest to rest cause of size + upB lag and kinda easy to combo into rest generally

mers

Smash Ace
Fox definitely theoretically counters Puff. He has all the right tools to fight her, namely superb camping ability and two great vertical kill options. But in reality, it never seems to end up that way. There are no Fox players that could be considered Puff slayers, and at least two Puff players simply **** Fox. In reality, the matchup is no better for Fox than even.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Puff matchups depend heavily on the relative skill level of the Puff/opponent, maybe more so than most other matchups, so it's hard to make generalizations that will apply to everyone, but I'll say that Fox and Marth are her worst matchups, with Sheik just below them. Hbox disagrees about Sheik, but I think most Sheiks don't really know the matchup yet. Amsah obviously wasn't wise to some of Hbox's tricks.

The supposed low tier Puff counters are usually held to be Link, YL, Pika, Luigi, or Zelda, but these are much closer matchups at lower levels of play than they are at higher levels. At the metagame none of them are worse than 60-40 for Puff.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Roy should see some use against puff, he has a move that kills her earlier then rest kills him (0% on certain stages), I would like to hear if Roy can hit jiggs bair with his reverse up-b and kill her, both on ground and in the air for example...

smakis

Smash Ace
roy's up b is too much of a gimmick move, the puff knows what he is trying to do and simply avoid it, not to mention his other moves is crap. he kills too late and a puff getting killed by up b more than once needs to space better =P, (roy's counter is godly though, especially against ganon ;) )

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
I played a guy tonite who made me think in our first couple matches that CF is a counter. . . but I think by the end I made both of us think otherwise XD Haha. I guess that's the nature of the MUp.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah, I have always considered shiek the easiest to rest, and believe it's in jigg's favour too :/ Just my opinion I guess but i'm yet to have a shiek really trouble me recently, obviously we don't have shiek's dthrow shenanigans in our pal.

I for one cannot stand doc and falcon, but that's just a personal barrier that i have to overcome, I really think that jiggs has the tools to beat doc & falcon more than they can beat jiggs.

The only two characters I feel can do anything to jiggs is fox and falco. (Yes falco lol)

N64

Smash Champion
I really think ylink is your best bet from the low tiers. Basic plan is to run the hell away and keep throwing **** at jiggs until she's at mid percent. Then you try to combo bomb throw to dair. Nair if she gets in, then go back to throwing ****. If you get hit off the stage you're probably done, but in my own experience this seems the best course of action.

Pika sucks vs. jiggs. My ylink is garbage these days, so I go sheik vs. jiggs personally. It is still prob an advantage jiggs matchup, but better than pika vs. jiggs.

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
zelda gets walked all over on

ylink does alrite tho
you say zelda gets walked on so I ask what to do about her fair/bair...granted that Im relatively new to jiggs but I've got a guy that spams them, and irritatingly enough, is accurate with them...it seems to beat all of jiggs airs clean and kills around 60-80 just about anywhere

I cant seem to find any rest combos that work on zelda short of the drill rest which is gimmicky at best so I was wondering how everyone else plays the matchup

thanks

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Conceptually, it would seem that Zelda's spacing would ideally keep Jiggs out, kind of like a low tier Marth.

But that's just on paper, so I may not be accurate at all.

But Y.link sounds legit, it sounds like the Peach MU.

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
i've tried link vs jiggs

his dthrow safely leads into dair/uair, but the grab is so risky that i almost never do it.
projectiles are also good, but link is a lot slower than ylink.

N64

Smash Champion
If jiggs is above zelda, she can't do anything. So float a little bit higher than usual and bair her shield imo. Crouch can also be pretty decent, as you can crouch under her first kick and then counter with an aerial (watch for her to wait and kick late and low though, she can still hit you if she expects you to crouch).

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
If jiggs is above zelda, she can't do anything. So float a little bit higher than usual and bair her shield imo. Crouch can also be pretty decent, as you can crouch under her first kick and then counter with an aerial (watch for her to wait and kick late and low though, she can still hit you if she expects you to crouch).
hadn't thought about crouching under the boot...could potentially set up for a rest too...any suggestions on what rests to use though?...none that I can think of work at more than 0% and then they don't kill usually...resting out of shield works but thats on anybody

thanks for the input though...gives me something to think about

TheLake

Smash Master
lol no its like a 40-60 matchup

Zelda has mega range

but suprisingly she cant play to conventinal in the matchup

I think zelda does better against puff than sheik does

yeah i said it

but yeah puffs biggest weakness is range in the air

zeldas forte is she has some of the best aerial range in the game

and shes sexy to boot!

goooo zelda

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
zelda's range is worthless against puff cause puff can simply choose to not ever approach at the height that zelda will kick at. puff will stay above that range until she needs to come down and then she will use her aerial momentum to fly away to safety and approach again whenever she feels like it

zelda also gets boned when she shields cause of jiggs crouch (sheik can abuse this as well, with crouch and down tilt)

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah agree with cosmo here, I used to think it was horrible for jiggs but realised that it's an easy as hell matchup. She's such a good weight for wops too and jiggs can bait that fair/bair all day and punish with ease thanks to horizontal arial movement and a big *** bair.

Shiek doing worse against jiggs than zelda lol :/ Come on man :laugh:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
idk the Docs seem to think they **** Jiggs so maybe Doc?

The thing is that Jiggs is able to cover most options for ever character. There's not much to do except for play "gay" against a Jiggs, of course unless your skill level has a huge gap. That's what someone told me... I forgot who it was.
This could have been anyone because it is common knowledge.

Just agreeing with the notion that Sheik vs Puff sucks for the Sheik.

TheLake

Smash Master
Yeah agree with cosmo here, I used to think it was horrible for jiggs but realised that it's an easy as hell matchup. She's such a good weight for wops too and jiggs can bait that fair/bair all day and punish with ease thanks to horizontal arial movement and a big *** bair.

Shiek doing worse against jiggs than zelda lol :/ Come on man :laugh:
FOOLS!

camp those back airs

and keep em fresh!

Top Bottom