• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff=Worst Brawl Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Dude, pull that stick outta your *** and lighten up, like seriously, stop taking everything so personally.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
There are times for being laid-back and times for being serious. I'm not always like this. I don't patronize people I argue with, so I don't joke when I argue with them.

desarcy

Smash Rookie
Jiggly Puff doesn't have a nearly identical moveset to Kirby, and thus is not a clone. Her DSmash, DAir, and (not sure)Sidesmash are similar but that's like saying Ganon is a clone of Samus because they have a similar FSmash, (Not sure about brawl, but maybe UTilt too) and they both kick horizontally for their Nair. It's a pink ball with stubs for hands, and her DSmash is like a taunt in itself. She can sleep on you for a KO, she is not the worst char just because of that.

TheStig

Smash Lord
i think some people maybe confuse her priority with the speed of her aerials? they come out kinda fast but if people attack at the same time jiggs will almost always lose.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im sorry did someone just cite air speed as a reason for being a good character?

I main sonic and by that logic he should be high tier.

how fast someone is really doesnt matter, they can go around the stage at the speed of light but if they cant approach with out getting punished, than its really just point less now isnt it

KillaBunneh

Smash Rookie
One good thing I notice about jigglypuff is that a lot of her arial attacks including pound last a good while with little lag before and after the attack. With great air control and timing, she could be very deadly at the air.

Also, her floatiness makes her unique, great for offense, defense, and a great mind game.

-For offense, she can stay in the air long enough to pull off multiple kicks. Unlike most characters, I believe that she is best when it comes to verticle movement. She has 5 jumps, and characters similar to her mutiple jump, she jumps the highest out of that bunch. I dont know if its true, but her hoizontal movement seems faster when she is in the air. With great hoizontal(???still questioned) and verticle movement, in my opinion, she has the best control out of any character which allows her to easily attack when opponents are most vulnerable and gives her the ability to juggle.

-As for defense, she is the hardest character to link attacks or chain grab. For example, I can hit jigglypuff and she will go flying at any percentage which will make it hard for me to link another attack, where for snake I can do multiple attacks on him and doing twice as much damage. So, for jigglypuff dying at such a low percentage someone doesnt matter because she can rack up damage faster if used correctly. Also, her great machinegun like kicks(attacks with little lag) makes it hard to hit her when shes vulnerable.

-Last about her floatiness is the mindgame where is she moving??? It will be hard to understand what direction is she going because in the air, she can move left right up and down(??? well not really her down movement is kinda slow??). Also, the very underated rollout is great on mind game when used in the air, too long to explain but the move comes out so fast that it is sometimes hard to notice.

Other than all the pros, jigglypuff can be send off flying at low percentages and a lot of her moves has little range with an ok priority. She also has no projectiles, unless you count rollout as one just cuz she turns into a cannon ball.

Tenki

Smash Hero
^Yes, she moves and accelerates faster in midair.

I thought I was done with this thread, but I just realized that I was saying some points about Jigglypuff that were from the Sonic point of view.

Her aerials have high priority.

...compared to Sonic.

;D

happy?

Flob

Smash Cadet
Pound has good priority. It owns nearly every move. So if you think that your normal moves'll fail, just pound them to death! At least that is what I do...

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Really? I did not know that. I thought it was banned because it gave Jiggly broken approach and horizontal recovery.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Really? I did not know that. I thought it was banned because it gave Jiggly broken approach and horizontal recovery.
Unless they have changed the rules, it was because you can go under the stage and just keep on doing rising pounds and since you barely lose any vertical incline (in melee it was none I believe). This is a very effective stall technique... and since tournaments have timed matches... once you go ahead a stock, Jigglypuff could just keep on doing that so she would eventually win...

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I never even considered using it for that. I don't even have an inclination to try it, because it would make me lose respect for myself as a Smasher. But is it legal for other purposes, like the ones I brought up before?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I am almost 100% sure. I learned about using it first as a stall tactic, and I learned that it was tournament banned in melee just for stalling, so I believe that is the same for Brawl. I believe thats the same reason why two Luigi's using B-Up is banned, because it effectively allows others to do nothing so they can win.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Ugh...I entered a couple tournaments as Jiggs and got my *** handed to me because I didn't know I was allowed to recover/approach with Rising Pound. My tournament record could have been so much better...

And I heard about it in the Melee section before Brawl came out, while I was a guest here.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Yoshi is decent with practice. My least favorite, and the least favorite of anyone accustomed to his Melee playstyle, is Captain Falcon.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Its sad, I like Yoshi as a character and I would play him more often if he wasn't so bad. Hes just so weak and his smashes seem like they do nothing.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I agree! Omg it's like that with every character that you have to practice a little bit. That's why no one hates Ike!
I hate Ike. He's a n00b character :p

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Ike is considered a noob character cause most noobs pick him until they can't hit anyone anymore lol. his slowness is irrelevant its his power that counts to noobs. besides him and snake how many other characters can KO relatively effectively with just A? >_>

TheStig

Smash Lord
after some playing today, i'm pleased to annouce that jiggs has higher priority aerials than captain falcon

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
What are people talking about... Jigglypuff is really good and I tend to destroy ROB players with Jigglypuff.

Find her strength in matchups, not individual qualities, or lack thereof.

She has some really strong matchups. I'm not saying ROB is a good one, I'm just saying I tend to do well at it. Matchups are where you must find her strengths.

Gosh, believe in your character, people.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
What are people talking about... Jigglypuff is really good and I tend to destroy ROB players with Jigglypuff.

Find her strength in matchups, not individual qualities, or lack thereof.

She has some really strong matchups. I'm not saying ROB is a good one, I'm just saying I tend to do well at it. Matchups are where you must find her strengths.

Gosh, believe in your character, people.
Believing in a character doesn't make them good lol

you should all go pick up Diddy :]

Trapt497

Smash Ace
There is no worst character. Tiers don't exist. ANY character in brawl, whether it be sonic, jigz, peach, etc, no matter how much they are trashed, can be one of the best characters in the game if the controller is put in the right hands. Every character has its own advantages and flaws. Sure, one may have more advantages than the other, but every character can be great if its pros are taken advantage of.

I used to think jigz sucked too. Then I played my friend. Tiers don't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom