• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff=Worst Brawl Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
not saying she's the worst but it looks like everyone else thinks so....i can't think of anybody talking about good jigglypuff mainers or like hey! check this jigglypuff out!!! 0_0
sad really when i was shifting through characters trying to find a main someone tried to convince me to main jigglypuff saying i did pretty good with her(though i did rollout a bit much)
instead i decided to go off to other characters instead...and now i come here to see even the players are doubting jigglypuff's level of playability
what has the world come to?!

chili

Smash Cadet
It's disappointing that Jigglypuff has sunken to this low of a level. S/he was one of my favorites to use in melee. It was always cool to see a good Jigglypuff player.

And they added the straw hat costume in brawl. Straw Hat Jiggs = instant win. It's really too bad Jigglypuff isn't one of the best characters this time around.

Weirdly enough though, I have a friend who mains Jigglypuff, and he destroys me every time we play. Guess I just suck. :p

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
why do so many people hate on jigglypuff? I know that a lot of people want her out of brawl all together. Shes been here since 64, people! Why would they kick this character out after all these years? Besides, jigglypuff is really good if you know how to use her.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Worst? I doubt it, but Jiggs doesn't shine as much as she used to. Not like it really matters to me though, her play style is comfortable to me plus I love the little thing.

__G__

Smash Cadet
I think that, because there are so many other good characters (e.g. Pit, Ike, MK, Snake, Lucas, etc), Jiggs gets overlooked. It's not that she's a bad character, I mean, sure, she has several disadvantages, but she has good points as well, even if they're a little harder to see if you don't know her well enough.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
People are just jealous because Jigglypuff is much cuter than their main. >___>

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Jiggles is great. I recently began to seriously play as her and I'm becoming descent. While playing various people who are normally better than I am or even with me I've been testing Jiggles. I managed to beat a relatively well played DK and have had similar success at other times.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff is only bad on paper. In the game, even though she appears nerfed, she can do some moves much easier and more effectively than in melee. Her nair sex kick off the ledge I recently found is amazing for stopping certain recoveries, something that I did not like to use in melee. Also, her drill resting is amazing in brawl. Finally, pound has insane priority and even neutralizes most prajectiles.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
It happens that when many people use a character (Snake, MetaKnight), they go on discovering new tactics, combos and abuses of the game physics, and learn from each other. Jiggs community is small so just a few dedicated players can reach her full potential. I am amazed how balanced brawl is. It is evident that Sakurai did a great effort in balancing the game, and in making every move useful (at least in multiplayer FFA). So I am pretty sure Jiggs need only dedication and she can give a nice fight. If you love Jiggs, don't give up! My main is Kirby so we will meet on the battelfield!

Bnana

Smash Rookie
I agree! Omg it's like that with every character that you have to practice a little bit. That's why no one hates Ike!

Arkanis

Smash Rookie
It comes down to how dedicated to you are to the character you play. If you main with Jigglypuff then odds are your going to good enough to beat any character (not any player)

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
drill>rest = snakes bane lolol im here cuz i keep getting beat by some random *** noob that uses jiggs on me. hes not random a godo friend that practices too much.

the thing that made jiggs too good in melee wuz that pple cant just dodge every arial

gallax

Smash Hero
there is no way jigglypuff is the worst character. her recover is great, she can play mindgames with the opponent, and she has priority moves. i **** with jiggly and i dont even main her, or use her as secondary. i just picked her up like 2 days ago actually and she *****. you just have to know how to use her, just like snake players need to know how to use him to win.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
there is no way jigglypuff is the worst character. her recover is great, she can play mindgames with the opponent, and she has priority moves. i **** with jiggly and i dont even main her, or use her as secondary. i just picked her up like 2 days ago actually and she *****. you just have to know how to use her, just like snake players need to know how to use him to win.
that maybe true but JP has no ground game what so ever making her predictable to a smart player, and shes the only person OHKOable from shield. and while in melee just being an air fighter was good enough the brawl engine hurts JP almost as bad as CF with infinite airdodges. it takes alot more skill to use JP, especially against good players and in bad match ups, than someone like MK.

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm no jiggs main but I can make peoples heads turn with her. Mostly because at tournaments no one has fought her before and I end up two stocking them. But I only pull out jiggs if I won the first match by at least one stock and below 20%. Rising pound is a great approach. The lolz I get for resting people at a tournament are great.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I don't think there are too many characters out there that I **** with more than Jiggs. I had a friendly with a Wolf main yesterday and I made his jaw drop after I combo'd him to oblivion with a pound followed by 6 Bairs in a row. I'm not even lying. I wasn't even aware I was doing it until it was over, and he had no room to air dodge since Jigglypuffs amazing aerial influence followed his DI. I did the same thing to my friends Ike on Norfair and KO'd him into the left blast zone. She's a very untapped character.

I don't think there is a single SWF member that could convince me she is even Low Tier.

Ulevo

Smash Master
according to the character rankings list yoshi is the worst
I refuse to believe that too. Yoshi has a few good things going for him, he's just severely under played. Ganon, Link, Jiggs and Yoshi all suffer the same syndrome. Ike isn't under played, he just has a lot of the Roy fan boys that are terrible players.

Captain Falcon and Sonic... Now that's a different and rather depressing story. I also think Bowser is down there too despite his buffs, but I can't make that call since I haven't seen a decent Bowser player for Brawl.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
jiggs sucks... i think she is the worst she a copy of kirby but like a failed clone =P cuz their moves are similar but kirby is faster stronger and more effective soo.. yeah she probably is worst character =O sorry jiggs mainers

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
For the last time Jigglypuff and Kirby are not merely close enough to being clones. Ur a noob if u think that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not exactly the worst fighter, but Jigglypuff does suffer a lot after losing an effective Rest. Ganondorf is pretty much the worst IMO.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
C. Falcon is the worst and jiggs > C. falcon, ganon, ike, lucas, poke trainer, yoshi, samus (characters not in any order)

TheStig

Smash Lord
jiggs sucks... i think she is the worst she a copy of kirby but like a failed clone =P cuz their moves are similar but kirby is faster stronger and more effective soo.. yeah she probably is worst character =O sorry jiggs mainers
nice statements by a kirby mainer

Ryazan

Smash Ace
If Rising Pound were tournament-legal, she'd be high-tier. She can friggin fly across entire stages just by using all her jumps and then DIing. Rest is a ***** if someone is in your face. People who think she sucks only think so because she doesn't look badass or intimidating.

Trozz

Smash Ace
My Jigglypuff is stronger than my Ganon. She has such good air control. Just ignore her useless attacks.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
For the last time Jigglypuff and Kirby are not merely close enough to being clones. Ur a noob if u think that.
listen up noob jiggs has the same jumps/floats lots of her moves are similar like when ur in the air u presss down and a she does the drill that kirby does plus its much crappier and slower than kirby's sooo yeah crappy clone =P

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I have to reply to this here because my thread got closed XD

illinialex24 said:
Bowyer, stop coming here spamming about how a decent character sucks, say that you are way better than people you have never even played, and then say it gives you the right to be a downright idiot. Yeah, right. Go to another board.
lol, jiggs is not a decent character, I mained her for a while and I've beaten pro's with her, so basically, yes, I do have the right to go around saying I'm better than you. Once you've gone out and beaten pro's with one of the ****tiest characters brawl has to offer then I'll stop saying I'm better than you, but until then, I'll be an idiot whenever I want :p.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
listen up noob jiggs has the same jumps/floats lots of her moves are similar like when ur in the air u presss down and a she does the drill that kirby does plus its much crappier and slower than kirby's sooo yeah crappy clone =P
MK and DDD jump the same amount too. and when you have a round body and two stubs for arms and legs how different can your attacks look w/o a weapon? JP's not a crappy clone cause she's not a clone at all. :bee:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not the worst but close to it. I'd personally say that Shiek is the worst character this time around followed by Captain Falcon and then Jigglypuff.

Also, to the person who said Lucas was bottom tier, are you on drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom