• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff=Worst Brawl Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3w3y

Smash Cadet
Jiggs is just so much fun to play with and if anyone has combo potential in brawl it is her.

I feel in Brawl there is no true worst charater, when the potential is finally realized jiggs will deffinatly be playable.

While she may not be too tough on the ground, in the air she is tough due to many options.

gallax

Smash Hero
JP is no way the worst character. In terms of having good matchups, she beats ganon, CF, and yoshi. I think yoshi is the worst. I've seen some potential from ganon and CF from some friends of mine who picked them up for fun, but there is no way JP is the worst. You just have to know how to use her to be good with her. Its called mindgames and all airiel. Well not all airiel but mostly.

ravenhats

Smash Cadet
No, she might be much worse then in Melee but she is way stronger then many people still. Samus, Bowser (though he is a lot stronger) and Sheik for example are much worse in my option.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
listen up noob jiggs has the same jumps/floats lots of her moves are similar like when ur in the air u presss down and a she does the drill that kirby does plus its much crappier and slower than kirby's sooo yeah crappy clone =P
Dedede is is much more of a Kirby clone than Jiggly is: his down aerial is a drill attack, his back aerial is a kick, they both float and have a hammer and have a neutral B swallow move, and also Dedede's up B is more similar to Kirby than Jiggly's is.

Anyway all stupidity aside, people who end up thinking Jiggly suck usualy spam rollout and rest. What make her awesome is her unique&awesome air control.

Saying Jiggly=Kirby is like saying Luigi=Mario

What a better way to make my first post than replying to this lol topic

Tyser

Smash Champion
listen up noob jiggs has the same jumps/floats lots of her moves are similar like when ur in the air u presss down and a she does the drill that kirby does plus its much crappier and slower than kirby's sooo yeah crappy clone =P
Only moves of Jiggz that look sort of like Kirby's is Dair and Fsmash and thats it. You're stupid. You're so much of a noob you called the Dair, "when ur in the air u presss down and a she does the drill." Please go to another thread and fail more kthxbai.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I don't play Jigglypuff, but she's actually kinda tough, coming from playing against a few jiggly players online @.@;

- High-priority aerials+ good aerial mobility to weave in and out
- Rest for either combo finishers or the situational finishing hit
- Most of her attacks have insanely high knockback
- She's as hard to kill (sideways) as any other character, but her main weakness is that she's vertically light and easy to KO that way, so characters with strong vertical attacks are problematic.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Wow...you even edited that post and you still didn't catch the fact that he said he's only played them online. And either way, why does it matter? Online isn't ALWAYS laggy, and what he said about Jiggly is pretty true.

Gindler

Smash Champion
jiggs sucks... i think she is the worst she a copy of kirby but like a failed clone =P cuz their moves are similar but kirby is faster stronger and more effective soo.. yeah she probably is worst character =O sorry jiggs mainers
Ha, that's like saying bowser is a clone of yoshi because they're both reptiles.

And if more people played jiggz they'd see how annoying she is, since she's light it's hard to juggle her cause she gets launched to a safe distance giving her a chance to counter attack. And her rest out of sheild punishes laggy smash attacks or aerials (and just about every character has one of those, except MK :laugh:) and rest kills most characters at about 80-90 which compared to how much longer everyone lives isn't that bad at all.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
that edit was on accident XD and i know what he says is pretty true. i just had to ask since i never fight any JP people cause where i am im the only one who uses JP. even online i just get Ike Marth Wolf Snake etc

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Oh whoops sry I thought you were asking him because you were skeptical and you thought what he said was bull

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Oh whoops sry I thought you were asking him because you were skeptical and you thought what he said was bull
i was a tiny bit skeptical i will admit that. not because of his points, because i agree with them, but because i can only see 1 side of JP mostly and thats when i pick her so anything i say about JP is only only 50/50.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
Only moves of Jiggz that look sort of like Kirby's is Dair and Fsmash and thats it. You're stupid. You're so much of a noob you called the Dair, "when ur in the air u presss down and a she does the drill." Please go to another thread and fail more kthxbai.
i can reall give a **** about dair and u air i know wut they are dair=down air uair=up air **** noob wut now i dont have to use those words if i dont want 2 k peace i vote jiggs out of next smash bros. (if there is another)

TheStig

Smash Lord
chingy...you probably post more on the jiggs forums than on the kirby ones *****ing about a baseless arguement

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yeah, he does have kind of a point bowyer. Your starting to act how I acted when I thought that if I'm better than my opinion out weighs all others. Trufully its kind of gay and a lame response to say shut up your wrong I'm right thing. You are good but you still shouldn't be making ****ty posts like that. That only makes people angry and gives bad rep to you.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Nice sig, jigglymaster.
You should Listen to him, he has Jiggly hax!!, and he has been playign smash longer then you been born :o...jk...

but seriouly this topic is lost..jiggly is not Worst char (sonic is worse then Jiggly imo hahahaha fan boys attack!!) and Lucas is not low tier...o.o;; your foolish..his Usmash alone makes him Mid or higher...and that withotu gettign into detail XD

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Lucas's Usmash is NOT the reason he's good. It's actually very slow. And I listened to jigglymaster...I just complimented his sig instead of adding to his point.

Tyser

Smash Champion
i can reall give a **** about dair and u air i know wut they are dair=down air uair=up air **** noob wut now i dont have to use those words if i dont want 2 k peace i vote jiggs out of next smash bros. (if there is another)
You did just what I said. Phailed more. kthxbai.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Yeah, he does have kind of a point bowyer. Your starting to act how I acted when I thought that if I'm better than my opinion out weighs all others. Trufully its kind of gay and a lame response to say shut up your wrong I'm right thing. You are good but you still shouldn't be making ****ty posts like that. That only makes people angry and gives bad rep to you.
What are you talking about. I just stated the point that Lucas has like never won a tournament and that shows that Lucas isn't very good. Have you even heard of a good person playing as Lucas? If he was actually good he would at least have one good player playing as him.

Neb

Smash Lord
I think most people fled from maining Lucas when word of the inescapable chaingrab was made public. Though I don't agree with Lucas being a bad character.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
If he was actually good he would at least have one good player playing as him.
lol, yeah, NOBODY MAINS BAD CHARACTERS!

Please. You think how "bad" a character is matters to those who spend the time to learn that character to the point where they can compete with others? Sure, people denote "good" and "bad" characters, and their popularity does follow a pattern with some exceptions (Ike), but by no means does this equate "no good players play these guys." That's stupid talk.

I think most people fled from maining Lucas when word of the inescapable chaingrab was made public.
Exactly. Some people don't like the idea of working their ***** off on a character only to get put into an infinite. Doesn't mean the character him/herself is bad, nor does it mean no good players would spend time with that character - it means people aren't attracted to cheap defeats that are generally out of their control.

Tenki

Smash Hero
^Question, how many JP people do you fight regularly? (not including laggy online >.>)
None XD
I don't have any local place to play against people for Smash at the moment, if that's what your question was about.

As for whether or not my opponents are any good, however, I do play online regularly, and I play against people who play online regularly, so whatever johns most people have about lag are almost irrelevant. Online is a different, more predictive instead of reflexive style, and when making comparisons with offline, I take into account that there were moves and situations that could have been airdodged, powershielded, or wouldn't have happened altogether if we were playing reflexively offline, so I tried to keep my 'analysis' as movebased as possible, since those are absolute.

...and yes, I do find low-lag (like offline HDTV-style) matches once in a while =D

Lucas is not low tier...o.o;; your foolish..his Usmash alone makes him Mid or higher...and that withotu gettign into detail XD
Huh? Ike's Fsmash is pretty evil when it connects, and Ivysaur's Usmash is just as good as/better than Lucas' Usmash. Ganondorf's Neutral B is stronger than Snake's tilts (loljokes) but you don't see that gaining him favor points away from being bottom tier. Getting them to hit is a different matter =/

jiggly is not Worst char (sonic is worse then Jiggly imo hahahaha fan boys attack!!)
;P Sonic is worse than Jigglypuff, if you stay with the common conventions and completely disregard opponent's mistakes (and punishment), mindgame potential, and (use of) mobility, since those are all player-based.
[sarcasm]
However, in real matches, people never spam attacks to be punished while hopping in a predictable WOP movement pattern, never get tricked by cancelled attacks or get pressured by not being able to hit moves.
[/sarcasm]
besides, whatever Sonic fanboys that survived the recent 3d Sonic games were probably completely turned off from Sonic altogether after finding out how much he sucks in Brawl.

Also, any implication that Sonic has an advantage in a Sonic vs Jiggles matchup is not present in, nor the point of my post. Jigglypuff has too few moves with large punishable lag, and alot of Jigglypuff's aerials have little ending lag and have enough priority to stop most of Sonic's moves if they clash head on. At the least, I haven't found their blindspots/weakspots yet. They will have differing matchups though, and can handle Snake, MK, and other 'high tier' characters in their own way :p

I digress. It's too late and I can't think. gg

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
None XD
I don't have any local place to play against people for Smash at the moment, if that's what your question was about.

As for whether or not my opponents are any good, however, I do play online regularly, and I play against people who play online regularly, so whatever johns most people have about lag are almost irrelevant. Online is a different, more predictive instead of reflexive style, and when making comparisons with offline, I take into account that there were moves and situations that could have been airdodged, powershielded, or wouldn't have happened altogether if we were playing reflexively offline, so I tried to keep my 'analysis' as movebased as possible, since those are absolute.

...and yes, I do find low-lag (like offline HDTV-style) matches once in a while =D

Huh? Ike's Fsmash is pretty evil when it connects, and Ivysaur's Usmash is just as good as/better than Lucas' Usmash. Ganondorf's Neutral B is stronger than Snake's tilts (loljokes) but you don't see that gaining him favor points away from being bottom tier. Getting them to hit is a different matter =/

;P Sonic is worse than Jigglypuff, if you stay with the common conventions and completely disregard opponent's mistakes (and punishment), mindgame potential, and (use of) mobility, since those are all player-based.
[sarcasm]
However, in real matches, people never spam attacks to be punished while hopping in a predictable WOP movement pattern, never get tricked by cancelled attacks or get pressured by not being able to hit moves.
[/sarcasm]
besides, whatever Sonic fanboys that survived the recent 3d Sonic games were probably completely turned off from Sonic altogether after finding out how much he sucks in Brawl.

Also, any implication that Sonic has an advantage in a Sonic vs Jiggles matchup is not present in, nor the point of my post. Jigglypuff has too few moves with large punishable lag, and alot of Jigglypuff's aerials have little ending lag and have enough priority to stop most of Sonic's moves if they clash head on. At the least, I haven't found their blindspots/weakspots yet. They will have differing matchups though, and can handle Snake, MK, and other 'high tier' characters in their own way :p

I digress. It's too late and I can't think. gg
i wasnt talk abou the spacific Sonic vs Jiggly match up btw :p

as for Lucas, his USmash has a LOT of range and for a characture who is as fast as he is, and who has the arieal game he has, yes a slow Powerhouse smash is Great...as for Ganon and Ike, the reason their powerhouse smash's dont highlight them is because they ARE powerhouses...Ikes F,B attack (the dashign one) is one of the things that gives him an edge (a slow char with a very fast move) and for Ganon its his D,B, the Wizard kick

Ryazan

Smash Ace
What are you talking about. I just stated the point that Lucas has like never won a tournament and that shows that Lucas isn't very good. Have you even heard of a good person playing as Lucas? If he was actually good he would at least have one good player playing as him.
It's true that there are better characters than Lucas, but he's not terrible. Good players aren't playing him because they prefer characters like Marth or Snake or MK or the space animals.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
wow. people need to calm down. Jigglypuff isn't the worst character. discussion over.

kthx
Of course people who main Jigglypuff wouldn't say so. I don't think so either. Why is it such a bad thing that I'm defending you guys?

And Tyser, that's the best argument I've heard in this whole discussion. (there should really be a font for sarcasm...)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Have you ever as or against Lucas? He's got worse priority than Jiggs and that saying something. Like seriously, all the lucas can do is sh forward b wavebounces or however you say that. His approach is seriously like the worst in the game. How are you planning on killing someone? You might be able to get some percent on your opponent with forward b... maybe... but then how are you going to land something that will kill. His smashes are slow as balls, his tilts don't have that much range, and the only aerial that has some range is his bair (which sends downward). Not to mention his recovery sucks as well. Sure its a lot better than ness's but it still sucks. Up b-ing leaves you dangling there for a bit and it makes you an easy target to hit. You can also just attack the pk thunder and it gets rid of it and you die. So basically as long as the Lucas' opponent is patient, Lucas is an easy as hell matchup.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Of course people who main Jigglypuff wouldn't say so. I don't think so either.
Mains of a character generally won't think so, since they know ways around their characters' apparent weaknesses, and generally look down on characters who they tend to not know so well. It's probably partly also because they haven't fought against people who are good with those characters, since they tend to cover up their character weaknesses and take advantage of their strengths so well.

ex: It's easy to think someone like Sonic is the worst character and say that his priority problems are so massive and speed doesn't mean **** in Brawl, but then when you actually go up against a Sonic main and get grabbed for every missed tilt and get comboed every time you get knocked down, it's possible to be convinced otherwise.

Jiggly has priority and aerial mobility, so (with some characters) she's harder to damage, her weight problems are only really apparent on vertical KO's, and she has too many high-knockback attacks lol.

whatever, i'm going off topic again. lol being/using the worst character doesn't affect actual wins or losses as much as player skill and matchup knowledge, so ... i'm gonna stop now @.@; ...have fun with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom