• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff=Worst Brawl Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStig

Smash Lord
What are people talking about... Jigglypuff is really good and I tend to destroy ROB players with Jigglypuff.

Find her strength in matchups, not individual qualities, or lack thereof.

She has some really strong matchups. I'm not saying ROB is a good one, I'm just saying I tend to do well at it. Matchups are where you must find her strengths.

Gosh, believe in your character, people.
true true i like your message

edit: you mind telling us these strengths against rob?

Ryazan

Smash Ace
There is no worst character. Tiers don't exist. ANY character in brawl, whether it be sonic, jigz, peach, etc, no matter how much they are trashed, can be one of the best characters in the game if the controller is put in the right hands. Every character has its own advantages and flaws. Sure, one may have more advantages than the other, but every character can be great if its pros are taken advantage of.

I used to think jigz sucked too. Then I played my friend. Tiers don't exist.
Why do people say tiers don't exist when they should be saying they shouldn't exist? I mean, there are SSB and SSBM tiers in existence. And either way you're still wrong, because you have to consider things such as speed, priority, damage/launch potential and damage/launch resistance. Obviously CF will be low because of his terrible priority, and obviously Jiggs will be low because of her terrible launch resistance. There ARE bad characters, and those characters are the ones for whom it is harder to suppress their flaws.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Why do people say tiers don't exist when they should be saying they shouldn't exist?
it would be nice if they didn't exist but unfortunately they do and will continue to its like this in all practically every game, Smash included. :ohwell:

oh but their is no BAD character per say, since in FFA and teams no one sucks just some characters suck in 1v1 more than others.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff isn't the worst, that title belongs to Falcon. But what are Jigglypuff's strength? What makes her your guy's main? Not saying she's a bad character, I'm just wondering what's good about her?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT WoP. LIKE SERIOUSLY, EVERYONE IS JUST LIKE JIGGS, WoP, OMG, LETS SEE SOME WoP, SHUT THE **** UP, EVERYONE USES THAT **** PHRASE DIFFERENTLY. LIKE SERIOUSLY, IT MEANS NOTHING NOW BECAUSE LIKE WHEN YOU SAY WoP YOU COULD MEAN LIKE 5 DIFFERENT THINGS, ****.

Also, noone gives a **** about FFA.

Geist

Smash Master
lol Jiggs isn't close to being the worst character. At least if you know how to DI properly, or use priority and pressure when you play. Infact, if you have any previous experience at all, Jiggs isn't the worst character.

I don't even think Jiggs is considered low tier. I'm pretty sure she was near mid, closer to Luigi and TL and DK.

the7eleven

Smash Rookie
I think Jiggly is looked down upon because she is rarely used well and it really takes someone to use her well in order for it's full potential.
I've got to say she is on the weaker/lower side but she has potential.
It just takes someone to unlock the power/prove it's a good character.
(win using jiggly in a a tourney lol)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol Jiggs isn't close to being the worst character. At least if you know how to DI properly, or use priority and pressure when you play. Infact, if you have any previous experience at all, Jiggs isn't the worst character.

I don't even think Jiggs is considered low tier. I'm pretty sure she was near mid, closer to Luigi and TL and DK.
You are wrong sir. Jiggs sucks way hard and is one of the worst characters.

then who is Bowyer probably ROB right
dk and wolf have pretty good ones. To be honest though, Jiggs' WoP blows now that she has like no priority so like almost everyone has a better WoP than jiggs.

I think Jiggly is looked down upon because she is rarely used well and it really takes someone to use her well in order for it's full potential.
I've got to say she is on the weaker/lower side but she has potential.
It just takes someone to unlock the power/prove it's a good character.
(win using jiggly in a a tourney lol)
I place well with jiggs and I've made a good $700-$800 off of brawl but that doesn't make jiggs good. No matter how good I get with jiggs, there will still be people with better characters that can beat me.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I place well with jiggs and I've made a good $700-$800 off of brawl but that doesn't make jiggs good. No matter how good I get with jiggs, there will still be people with better characters that can beat me.
if JP sucks so bad then how do you do well with it? maybe you don't play against very people so thats how you place well >_>
but if thats not the case then why do you keep saying it sucks?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
7 - 8 off Brawl with Jiggly? What tournies?
A lot of tourneys throughout MI. Some from college, some I hosted, and some at random game stores. Biggest payout was $450.

if JP sucks so bad then how do you do well with it? maybe you don't play against very people so thats how you place well >_>
but if thats not the case then why do you keep saying it sucks?
Since when does me placing well mean that jiggs isn't bad, (there is no way for me to say the following and not sound cocky but), it just means I'm really good.

Excellence

Smash Champion
This is so true. I honestly love Jigglypuff, I really do. Some of my greatest memories come from her D Air into Rest, or Rollout into an ignorant opponent, but when it comes down to it, she's garbage.

~Tear~

It's important to be realistic with yourself and realize no matter how good you become with a terrible character, there is someone with a better character who can beat you.

~shakes fist at noob Metaknights~

KillaBunneh

Smash Rookie
Honestly I played jigglypuff enough to adapt very well to her playing style. I can win a lot more with her than any other character just because I practice with her more. I know her strengths (In my opinion) are WoP, her floatiness, dair to rest, and mindgame. It doesnt mean shes good because she has way more flaws than the top tier characters in the game and thats what makes her so low. But hey, like what many has said, "the game is so equal that there are no tiers." I believe it is only because players adapt to their mains so well that it is really difficult to predict tiers. Overall, comparing jigglypuff is like comparing a sniper vs a rocket launcher in halo. Two very different weapons but great if mastered.

KillaBunneh

Smash Rookie
Well, never played any great player so please explain. I understand that melee is a lot more technical and the more technical a game is the more skills is involved. Since every character in melee can do Lcancel and wavedash(and others crazy techniques), the game relys more on skill of the player than how great a certain character is. I kinda see where your going with brawl is uneven because some characters are glitcher than others and has these advantages. Also, brawl relys mostly on priority of an attack because there is a lot of hit dodge and hit again with priority attack dodge and the game goes in that same pattern. When you get good at doing this, it is impossible to hit you and no matter how great your opponents mindgame is, they cannot land an attack. But come on, Brawl is way more fun than melee!!!! I understand that almost everyone who goes to smashboards is a competitive brawl player but most people who play brawl plays for fun. And brawl really isnt complete if you dont have the items on, playing at environmentally dangerous gameworlds like norfair, and a gifugglingnormous jigglypuff! Ill agree with you at the very top most competitive level melee is even, but when you play brawl at a level like me, the matches are close enough to say that" its epic!"

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Well there you go, you don't play competitively so it doesn't really matter. I'm lazy, so I don't want to type up all the reasons why brawl sucks and why its less even than melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom