• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff=Worst Brawl Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Well there you go, you don't play competitively so it doesn't really matter. I'm lazy, so I don't want to type up all the reasons why brawl sucks and why its less even than melee.

Are you sure you're joking? You always tell me you're joking, but are you really? I'm not even trying to argue anymore, I'm just seriously wondering.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
The last post wasn't a joke, but it wasn't anything to get offended by. He even said it himself that he doens't play competitively, so there shouldn't be anything to get angry about. And honestly, I am really lazy and typing up a long as post about the competitiveness of brawl takes a long time.

KillaBunneh

Smash Rookie
Im still wondering why are you still on this form if you think brawl sucks. I think you just enjoy telling people that this character sucks and that even though with this knowledge you can still pwn anyone no matter what the circumstances are. Also, you enjoy seeing noob puffs like me argue with your comments believeing that this character has some kind of potential. Overall, I think thats pretty cool because I would do the same *evil laugh*. Other than that back to the forum, Jigglypuff is not the worst character but could possibly be the boringest character. Her move set is not fancy, most of her special moves are very punishing if missed (makes it frusterating to play), and kirby is cuter than jigglypuff (kirby can go "beeep").

Ryazan

Smash Ace
To add to JigglyZelda, a Wall of Pain is when you use a character's Fair and Bair over and over again to knock the opponent offstage.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Well, never played any great player so please explain. I understand that melee is a lot more technical and the more technical a game is the more skills is involved. Since every character in melee can do Lcancel and wavedash(and others crazy techniques), the game relys more on skill of the player than how great a certain character is. I kinda see where your going with brawl is uneven because some characters are glitcher than others and has these advantages. Also, brawl relys mostly on priority of an attack because there is a lot of hit dodge and hit again with priority attack dodge and the game goes in that same pattern. When you get good at doing this, it is impossible to hit you and no matter how great your opponents mindgame is, they cannot land an attack. But come on, Brawl is way more fun than melee!!!! I understand that almost everyone who goes to smashboards is a competitive brawl player but most people who play brawl plays for fun. And brawl really isnt complete if you dont have the items on, playing at environmentally dangerous gameworlds like norfair, and a gifugglingnormous jigglypuff! Ill agree with you at the very top most competitive level melee is even, but when you play brawl at a level like me, the matches are close enough to say that" its epic!"
Don't you feel embarrassed typing that?

Honestly I played jigglypuff enough to adapt very well to her playing style. I can win a lot more with her than any other character just because I practice with her more. I know her strengths (In my opinion) are WoP, her floatiness, dair to rest, and mindgame. It doesnt mean shes good because she has way more flaws than the top tier characters in the game and thats what makes her so low. But hey, like what many has said, "the game is so equal that there are no tiers." I believe it is only because players adapt to their mains so well that it is really difficult to predict tiers. Overall, comparing jigglypuff is like comparing a sniper vs a rocket launcher in halo. Two very different weapons but great if mastered.
Any good sniper would **** rockets. Think of a sniper as "top tier" and rockets as "low tier". A mastered sniper will win against ANY weapon in Halo. That's why I use to practice sniping so much.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Im still wondering why are you still on this form if you think brawl sucks. I think you just enjoy telling people that this character sucks and that even though with this knowledge you can still pwn anyone no matter what the circumstances are. Also, you enjoy seeing noob puffs like me argue with your comments believeing that this character has some kind of potential. Overall, I think thats pretty cool because I would do the same *evil laugh*.
lol (10char)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
To add to JigglyZelda, a Wall of Pain is when you use a character's Fair and Bair over and over again to knock the opponent offstage.
You are wrong sir. WoP is as follows (copied right out of smashwiki): Each attack should go forward in the air, then once you hit your opponent, back to where you started.

This is the bull**** I'm talking about, and thats why everyone needs to stop saying "WoP" or "wall of pain" and just describe what the **** you mean.

Tyser

Smash Champion
^ My other one got permabanned because I went on a triple posting rampage a while back. Ive calmed down though :-). My other acc. was Asian_Flava :-P.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
You are wrong sir. WoP is as follows (copied right out of smashwiki): Each attack should go forward in the air, then once you hit your opponent, back to where you started.

This is the bull**** I'm talking about, and thats why everyone needs to stop saying "WoP" or "wall of pain" and just describe what the **** you mean.
That's weird because I also got my definition from SmashWiki.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
well what Ryazan said still described it in a basic sense. since you do mostly use your Fair and Bair to WoP people in general. Bowyer just added to that so Ryazan is not technically wrong.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jigglypuff can n air **** spacies and other characters that have delayed recovery off the edge and gimp them. That alone proves jiggs isn't the worst.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I think it is sad that the most active topic on jiggly boards is this one. We should be talking about building her metagame instead of debating if she is one of the worst characters in the game.
on this topic anything good said about JP Bowyer quotes it and shreds it to pieces while still saying he makes alot on winning with a "bad" character. >.>
i'd like to help build JP's metagame but, i have low tournament exp so idk how helpful i'd be.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
but why?
don't like JP?:(
why not say good stuff about it even just a little?
i keep trying to look for something good to say about CF even though it seems hopeless:dizzy:
lol, I don't like Jiggs because she blows large ones. I haven't said anything good about JP because there isn't anything good to say.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
oh well. i give up for now Bowyer you think JP blows i think she's still good it just takes alot of work. your not changing my opinion im not changing yours as of now, but i would like to know who is your main anyway?

Glick

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is awesome and fun to play with. And even though my chances are shot at tourneys I still use him because I love playing with him.

Yes hes one of the worst, if not the worst.
I don't pick characters by how strong they are however.

Bluekaze

Smash Rookie
Poor Jigglypuff, she is one of the worst characters in brawl. Because of her light weight and short range.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
i think samus and ganondorf are worse.

as long as you know samus's three kill moves (which don't kill until like 150+), she's a breeze.

ganondorf is so slow that all you have to watch out for are attacks that make him move slightly faster than normal (falcon kick. er... warlock kick?). as long as you are all over ganondorf probably not landing near his feet (dsmash and dtilt) he should be a breeze, too.

jigglypuff, however, is a leaf on the wind. when played right, he's frickin impossible to hit. i know, i've watched my cousin flail about hopelessly before my reign of aerial terror.

but yeah, every time i die as jiggs it's because of one of three reasons:

1. i used a smash attack and got punished.
2. i used rest and got punished.
3. i used utterly failed by both USING rollout and THEN screwing up and AFTER THAT not being able to get back. T_T

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Lol, Ike almost has no speed in his attacks what so ever and can be easily gimped. Ike is worse than Jigglypuff right?

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Ike has less potential. You could kick a good MK's *** with Ike if you know A HELL OF A LOT about how he plays and if your reflexes are superhuman.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Or someone changed it. I didn't read it wrong. You just forgot what a wiki is.
shut up you little **** and admit you were wrong.

Ryazan said:
Ike has less potential. You could kick a good MK's *** with Ike if you know A HELL OF A LOT about how he plays and if your reflexes are superhuman.
Never say potential again.

Mittenkiss

Smash Cadet
People I know think Jigglypuff sucks too. Me, I don't think so. She's my secondary character and I'm practicing to get better with her.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
man, bowyer, stop being such a hater, be positive for once. and if you cant do it here, do it on a good characters forums. im sure youll bvery happy on the snake boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom