• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

Veril

Frame Savant
Unless its G&W. Or Metaknight. Or King Dedede. Or Kirby, or some others lol
You can totally gimp DDD after a footstool spike. You can stage-spike with f-air, harass with d-air, or FF into a WoP far enough that he has to use his recovery. As DDD being forced to up-b is essentially being gimped. After a Footstool spike you can hit GW out of his up-b with f-air. Really the only one who can't be gimped is MK.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
You can totally gimp DDD after a footstool spike. You can stage-spike with f-air, harass with d-air, or FF into a WoP far enough that he has to use his recovery. As DDD being forced to up-b is essentially being gimped. After a Footstool spike you can hit GW out of his up-b with f-air. Really the only one who can't be gimped is MK.
Does this surprise anyone? :laugh:

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
whats a good way to approach a marth, marths give me too much trouble with jiggz D:

Glick

Smash Lord
All you have to do with DDD is hit him enough so he has to up b onto the stage, then you have a free rest.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
O.O
dang it lol
Well ehh who's the best Jiggs vids to watch?
Bowyer?
Check out his combo vid, its awsome. (it's at the end of alex's guide)

Also Meow's combo vid has got to be the best ever made.

I reccomend going to the video archive thread on these boards.

Mew2Queen

Smash Rookie
All right me and my freind are gonna start going to some tournaments in san francisco and well he plays metaknight or snake and I was talking to him about what i would play cause I cant use falco , cause i think he wouldnt be good so I want to know if JigglyPuff makes a good 2's partner. I think Jiggly would?

Mew2Queen

Smash Rookie
really i thought mk and jiggs would have really good ledge game if they were together.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
really i thought mk and jiggs would have really good ledge game if they were together.
Jigglypuff best accents characters with great ground games that make up for Jiggly's lack thereof.

What's the best way to approach? I would think it would be Fair or Pound..
You want to save Fair for killing. Stale Bairs, SH Nairs, Pounds (and my personal favorite, SH Dairs) are all effective ways to approach.

Mew2Queen

Smash Rookie
pound doesnt seem like a good approach cause you could get grabbed more easily while fair you can just throw into them and pull away quickly

Noobicidal

Smash Master
pound doesnt seem like a good approach cause you could get grabbed more easily while fair you can just throw into them and pull away quickly
Which is why you SH the Pound so you won't get grabbed. Pound has an incredible duration for it's hitbox, and Fair should still be saved for offstage WoP kills.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
If you're SHing the pound for a ground approach, make it a rising pound. It's way harder to grab out of those/punish OoS.

You'd be surprised at how good bair and nair and dair are for approaching. You won't miss fair once you get used to it.

PND

Smash Champion
Approach with fair when the opponent is at low percents. Mixing up bair and fair keeps both moves fairly fresh, optimizing their damage output. Once they hit around 60% go for just bairs, freshening up your fair for the kill.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
How do you guys feel when you're a stock behind an opponent? Do you find it frustrating to get the stock back in your favor or what?
Also, should Jigglypuff be placed defensively or aggressively?
When I'm down a stock I just play normally. I bair space and try to grab them and throw them off the ledge. off-stage I try to setup a fair immediately or a sourspotted fair to fair.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Q. What's your opinion? Does lag give Jigglypuff an advantage or an Disadvanatge against most enemys?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Q. What's your opinion? Does lag give Jigglypuff an advantage or an Disadvanatge against most enemys?
Disadvantage

I'm no Jiggz main, but IlliniAlex is my buddy. :D
Anyways, It all really just depends what character your fighting, as it does with other characters as well.
Unless if your playing the IC's, it hurts. Unless you actually change your style, in which it can help. However, I do not have a wifi based strategy. And sup Milk?

Is it okay to be predictable with Jigglypuff's aerial game? Or can it be potentially harmful?

Sorry if Im asking to many questions .__.
Depends. Against a Marth you'll get royally ****ed over. Same with G&W. Same with Olimar. Against an IC however, you can fairly predictable. Same with a Diddy Kong. Same with a Ganon. Not too obvious but for some, even if they predict what you'll do they can't effectively punish it.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Unless if your playing the IC's, it hurts. Unless you actually change your style, in which it can help. However, I do not have a wifi based strategy. And sup Milk?
I wouldn't think IC mains would do anything better then mediocre on lag.
And nothing much, browsing the boards.

Depends. Against a Marth you'll get royally ****ed over. Same with G&W. Same with Olimar. Against an IC however, you can fairly predictable. Same with a Diddy Kong. Same with a Ganon. Not too obvious but for some, even if they predict what you'll do they can't effectively punish it.
In regards to this, what he's basically saying, you can be predictable as long as the character you're fighting against has a hard time or can't punish it.

Veril

Frame Savant
Is it okay to be predictable with Jigglypuff's aerial game? Or can it be potentially harmful?

Sorry if Im asking to many questions .__.
At low % it is very effective to use a combination of well spaced, retreating (wavelanded as needed) b-airs and f-airs with a grab and pummel thrown in periodically. On some characters this is a really good formula that you can safely follow.

On others... you have to be a lot more creative.

Your questions are valid and non-irritating. The Jiggs boards are friendly. Ask away!

Top Bottom