• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
wait what do you mean by that
I mean if you type "Hylian" in a thread I will see it and if it needs to be closed I will close it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
=_=
Im having a lot of trouble with boost smash.
Come someone eplain step by step how to do it?
I read the guide but still having trouble.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
PNDMike here:
First, dash.
Dash attack, I prefer to use Cstick down.
Immediately press up and Z. (should be set to grab or attack)
Your dash attack animation should cancel, and you should slide forward Upsmashing.

It's timing based, practice it with Snake first and then move to other characters. You can alter your controls to make it easier if you desire (I have L set to attack)

That's the basics.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
I've heard people say that F-air got worse from Melee, why is that?
I don't think it's worse, but i'm not a pro jiggs eigther... They may say it's worse because it was harder to dodge it in melee...

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
PNDMike here:
First, dash.
Dash attack, I prefer to use Cstick down.
Immediately press up and Z. (should be set to grab or attack)
Your dash attack animation should cancel, and you should slide forward Upsmashing.

It's timing based, practice it with Snake first and then move to other characters. You can alter your controls to make it easier if you desire (I have L set to attack)

That's the basics.
OH ok I got it now thanks=]

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
EDIT:Is it possible to footstool out of dair offstage? I used to main Kirby and I know you could do it with him but I haven't managed to pull it off with Jiggs yet.

Is there any other stage exploits apart from the Green Green floating and the Jungle Japes bthrow stage spike?

Any indicators for where you need to hit with dair to trip Metaknight, Kirby and Jigglypuff?

Last question :D
How should I practise rest without having consistant access to other people?

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I'll answer the first one...yes, it is. Check the footstooling thread. There's a whole move thing about footstooling out of a dair.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I meant offstage, I only saw the Grounded footstool one.

Post edited to avoid confusion.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I meant offstage, I only saw the Grounded footstool one.

Post edited to avoid confusion.
1. Not very easily. I'll be answering all four. No, the footstool is not very easy. What is much easier is a sourspotted nair (sex-kick) to a footstool, but it can be fairly easily DIed out of. It just depends on your and your opponents DI, but generally you want to be moving that nair forward as fast as possible.

2. Not known about yet.

3. Try to aim in the middle in between the top and bottom of the opponent. However, drill resting isn't that useful.

4. Your best choice is unfortunately wifi. Computer patterns are too predictable.

Veril

Frame Savant
How should I practise rest without having consistant access to other people?
I disagree with most other Jiggs mains on this. I think that if you are just practicing rest, CPUs in training mode on stop (learning basic drill resting), run (lvl 9, timing dodge and roll interceptions and more drill resting) and attack (level <5, interrupts), are very useful IMO. You're just learning the timing of rest, not the strategy behind landing it, so their predictability is irrelevant.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Hey thanks for answering my questions. While I'm posting, you seem to have left out Zero Suit Samus' paralyzer shot and Ice Climber's iceblocks in the Pound and Projectiles part of your guide Illinalex.

Speaking of projectiles, another question

Is there a list for the projectiles dair and nair cancel out?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Hey thanks for answering my questions. While I'm posting, you seem to have left out Zero Suit Samus' paralyzer shot and Ice Climber's iceblocks in the Pound and Projectiles part of your guide Illinalex.

Speaking of projectiles, another question

Is there a list for the projectiles dair and nair cancel out?
That was made a long time ago so thank you and I'll look into the other stuff as well.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
A mortar hit me from the air while I was dairing and it did nothing to me. Glitch or actual cancel, I don't know.

Veril

Frame Savant
A mortar hit me from the air while I was dairing and it did nothing to me. Glitch or actual cancel, I don't know.
Actual cancel, d-air beats the mortar. I discussed this in the Snake character matchup thread.

Jigglypuff's aerials are actually extremely good vs. projectiles. I'd be glad to help with this list.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Actual cancel, d-air beats the mortar. I discussed this in the Snake character matchup thread.

Jigglypuff's aerials are actually extremely good vs. projectiles. I'd be glad to help with this list.
Oh. Sorry. Didn't read that. <___<;;

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
k so i was playing a snake, and he was all like: hey man I had Reese's for breakfast!
I was like: Lolwut, Reese's for breakfast?!
But more to the point WTF! (WFT for the dyslexic)
Snake is absolutely beyond broken, his grenades just blow up anytime he wants them too, like some crazy concentrated super broken awesome.
but it's beyond just that, It's everything about him! HE'S CRAZY!

this snake wasn't super good, just decent, but I see incredible potential for snake mainers
Anyway, I got to ask.

how could MK possibly be better than snake? I shudder thinking about anything that could stop that nade machine.

Metatitan

Smash Master
mk is more broken because he has one of the best recoveries, comboes like a ***** etc. but snake is really broken as well, its because of mk that pple arent shouting to ban snake

Veril

Frame Savant
how could MK possibly be better than snake? I shudder thinking about anything that could stop that nade machine.
mk is a crack powered sword-bot. He does approximately a bazillion damage a second, has multiple effective approaches, possibly the best special in the game (def the most hated), the best recovery, hitboxes 2x the length of his body, etc.

MK is amazing.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
k so i was playing a snake, and he was all like: hey man I had Reese's for breakfast!
I was like: Lolwut, Reese's for breakfast?!
But more to the point WTF! (WFT for the dyslexic)
Snake is absolutely beyond broken, his grenades just blow up anytime he wants them too, like some crazy concentrated super broken awesome.
but it's beyond just that, It's everything about him! HE'S CRAZY!

this snake wasn't super good, just decent, but I see incredible potential for snake mainers
Anyway, I got to ask.

PND here:
I honestly think Snake is better than Metaknight. I'm not saying Mk is bad by any stretch, I just think all of Snake's tools are enough to control the stage better and lead to far more unpredictability than MK. He kills earlier (minus gimps) and lives longer (also minus gimps). He can dthrow techchase to infinite percents with proper reading, and does 21% for a fresh forward tilt.

I main Snake because I think Snake is the best character in the game. I secondary Jigglypuff because I love her. <3

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
Is it likely that a jiggly can do okay in a tournament without being particularly skilled? Or will only a Jiggly master be able to wield the puffball?

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
PNDMike posting:
You can't win a (notable) tournament with ANY character without being really skilled. In the tourney setting, you pretty much have to be playing at the top of Jiggs metagame to have a shot. Not only that, there are some nearly unwinnable matchups that it's advisable to have a counterpick for (I have Snake to back me up / tear **** up) Essentially, she's so light that you need to be absolutely precise with her. You can't afford to make mistakes. So yes, I guess is does take a jiggly master to play her.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
MK is way ****ing better than snake. And MK can get around Snake's nades with tornado. If Snake is on the ground, MK's tornado off the ground will get snake leaving the nade behind. If snake is in the air with a grenade then MK can strip snake's grenade with catching snake at the edge of the tornado. Plus MK ***** snake in the air and especially off the stage.

Plus snake has quite a few bad matchups... That being said, DDD imo is better than snake simply because DDD's only losing matchups are MK and Pikachu where snake has a lot more than that, gets beat by MK at a high level, and gets absolutely annihilated by DDD.

MK is only broke because of tornado. imo while he would still be **** good, he would have losing matchups without it.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Why aren't the IC's high tier, cause have you guys seen the chaingrab **** those guys can pull off?

really just do down to the IC boards and watch one Chaingrab clip, it's insane.

Veril

Frame Savant
Is it likely that a jiggly can do okay in a tournament without being particularly skilled? Or will only a Jiggly master be able to wield the puffball?
No. Jiggs requires a lot of time, all sorts of mental arrhythmic, knowing the lag on all your opponents moves, etc. The term is "character hero" I believe.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Why aren't the IC's high tier, cause have you guys seen the chaingrab **** those guys can pull off?

really just do down to the IC boards and watch one Chaingrab clip, it's insane.
imo IC's are underrated and should be a little higher but they do have losing matchups. Snake, Marth, and Diddy are really hard matchups and MK can be tough as well.

For example, here's a vid of me beating Lain (imo the best IC player in the country) by timing the game out with MK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n6eaPUYc-A

It's long and can get boring to watch so I would recommend just watching the beginning, a little of the middle, and the end.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
imo IC's are underrated and should be a little higher but they do have losing matchups. Snake, Marth, and Diddy are really hard matchups and MK can be tough as well.

For example, here's a vid of me beating Lain (imo the best IC player in the country) by timing the game out with MK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n6eaPUYc-A

It's long and can get boring to watch so I would recommend just watching the beginning, a little of the middle, and the end.
I watched the entire match, the commentary kept me entertained.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
We technically do but I don't think anyone has used it for a few months..... I think we might want to remake one but I'm not sure how many people it'd get.
I'd use it if it existed. Y'know, the boards are MUCH more active as of late. I'm sure there would be SOME interest in a chat.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Looks like a xat would get support. Do it.

Then connect it to "Wifi_Room" using the edit your chat button. It'll make a tab for it. So far like 12 character xats have connected.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
nother question, does footstool kill when used twice on someone while you both stay in the air?
cause i was playing pit, I footstooled him, he started jumping back up, I daired>footstool again, and he couldn't use the rest of his jumps/WoI(wings of icarus) at all, he just fell limp.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
nother question, does footstool kill when used twice on someone while you both stay in the air?
cause i was playing pit, I footstooled him, he started jumping back up, I daired>footstool again, and he couldn't use the rest of his jumps/WoI(wings of icarus) at all, he just fell limp.
That means he started his WoI after the dair and before the footstool.

Top Bottom