• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Those are old videos. Make sure to watch the one's from the 3rd round robin

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, I realize that but I can't do anything about it other than asking people to upload them.

I also think not all replays were saved. Mikeneko vs Kein round 3 is nowhere to be found for example. Guess I'll have to find out about the results somewhere else.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kakera uses mainly MK now. Ruuku, I know about this channel but there aren't regular updates and I only check it from time to time.

----------------------

Impression of the round robin videos: Very high level play, almost all players are really good and can possibly beat each other. Even the "randoms" like Kein, Mikeneko or the MK player MK are good enough to take sets off the top players or get very close to it. If you wanna watch the replays or watched them and are confused here's some input:

Yui: Green Fox, wins all sets except against the dark MK. He uses white/pink MK to beat Sin [ICs] but he also lost against Shige [Pikachu] with it. Very commanding performance, especially against Nietono, Rain and Shu. Although not all matches were safed it's very reasonable to assume he placed within top 3.

Shu: Snake only and also the only Snake player at this. Very inconsistent performances with wins over established players like Rain and Eru but losing to "lesser" players like Mikeneko and Shige. His camping game opens the door for huge amounts of **** in some instances but it also goes the wrong way against Marth and Falco. Not his best play.

Brood / Nietono: Both remain very consistent with Nietono once again having a slight edge over Brood, although it seems that not a lot of either of them was recorded. Main difference was Brood losing to Mikeneko, whereas Nietono ***** him pretty badly. Nietono is most likely top 3 placer next to Yui [whom he lost to] and the dark MK.

Mikeneko: Really good Marth. At this round robin he manges to take sets off Shige, Shu and Brood, which is a tremendous achievement and quite possibly the strongest winning streak that ANY Marth player had. A top 5 placing at this tournament seems very likely with these wins under his belt.

Kein: Highly impressive GW player, with a good camping and tech-chasing game. However, due to his character being so very limited he still doesn't win a lot of sets - facing a Marth [whom he actually possibly beat], 2 or 3 Olimars, a Snake and a Fox you will not get very far with that character. It's vs MK where Kein really shined - he managed to take Eru to last hit in both matches and did a lot better against the dark MK than most other players did.

Eru: Not much to say here - as expected a very strong performance of one of the most seasoned MK players in Japan. He doesn't lose to anybody badly [close sets with Yui, Brood, Nietono and Shu] and beats the players he's "supposed" to beat [except Shige whom he lose to in a close set]. All in all he is most likely a top 5 placer at this tourney.

Shige: Inconsistent performance with unexpected results. He managed to take surprise wins against Shu, Eru and Yui but lost to Mikeneko, Sin and Rain and struggled a lot against Kein as well. He went various characters [Falco, Diddy, MK, Wario, Pikachu] but is easy to recognize via his tag which consists of only one letter.

Sin: IC players who isn't quite on the higher level but manage to take some matches of good players [Brood, Yui] and isn't bad by any means. He took sets of MK and Shige.

MK: Red MK, not to be confused with Eru [his tag is easy to recognize], similar to Sin but I don't think he won a set although he went close with Rain.

A lot information is unconfirmed sadly. There are confusions between white MK [one is Yui and the other is a player I believe to be Namata], red MK [MK and Eru] and dark MK [Rain and the other player I believe to be Shikkoku].

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
At least Kakera and Otori attend a lot of offline tourneys. Enormous talent such as SLS's shouldn't be kept hidden.

Also, I see you're from Japan and are active on their boards. Do you think you could find out about the full results of the 3rd Kantou round robin? I'd really appreciate that!

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I think Kein would definitely improve as G&W if he works on his his ground movement. He seems to run into attacks and roll way to much.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I edited some stuff out of my big post because it contained misinformation. The most important is that the red Falco is *not* Rain, explaining his sub-par performance. It is Yuuta, a Falco / Olimar player [he's also the 3rd Olimar in the videos, he uses a costume similar to Brood] who loses to Yui, Shu, Brood, Nietono and has his Falco getting ***** by Eru.
I'm still unsure about Rain being the only one with the dark MK - is he really the one who beat Yui and Nietono with it? In the replay the dark MK is used with 3 different tags: the "Rain" tag, a tag in japanese and one with no tag at all. I wonder if that's all Rain [in which case he did incredibly well and beat everybody except Shu] or if there are two different players behind it.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Any recent vids of nietono?

Also I tried downloading those replays, it said the folder was invalid or corrupt when i tried to unzip it :-/

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I edited some stuff out of my big post because it contained misinformation. The most important is that the red Falco is *not* Rain, explaining his sub-par performance. It is Yuuta, a Falco / Olimar player [he's also the 3rd Olimar in the videos, he uses a costume similar to Brood] who loses to Yui, Shu, Brood, Nietono and has his Falco getting ***** by Eru.
I'm still unsure about Rain being the only one with the dark MK - is he really the one who beat Yui and Nietono with it? In the replay the dark MK is used with 3 different tags: the "Rain" tag, a tag in japanese and one with no tag at all. I wonder if that's all Rain [in which case he did incredibly well and beat everybody except Shu] or if there are two different players behind it.

What was the Hiragana in the tag? and what Hiragana does RAIN usually use besides his "RAIN" tag.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Recent vids of Nietono should be there soon.

I used winrar archiver to move the replays from the folder to the SD card. There are 3 folders but I recommend moving only one at a time to the SD card because some replays got lost when I had all of them on my SD card at once. I can't really help you with winzip though as I never used that - winrar always served me well and it worked for me with these replays.

Iblis, as far as I'm aware Rain typically uses either the Rain tag or none at all. I don't know how to post hiragana here either so I can't really answer that - it would prolly be easier if you take a look. Or I'll watch the replays again and see what I can find out with the new info I have.
Now that I mention it there's another player I'm not sure about but maybe you can help if you decipher his tag. I believe it to be a player named Namata [he uses DDD + white MK] but I can't say for sure.

The one's I can identify without trouble now: The Olimar's Brood, Nietono and Yuuta; any of Shige's characters; Shu's Snake, Mikeneko's Marth, Sin's ICs, Yui's Fox and Kein's GW;
Possible confusion between: Eru's and MK's red MK; Yui's and ???'s white MK; Rain's and ???'s dark MK, Rain's and Yuuta's red Falco. There is also a pink Diddy that I'm not sure about - it's definitely not Shige's Diddy though ... MAYBE it's Yuuta.
I'll see what I can find out again upon re-watching - maybe I can get some order in the MK-confusion. I believe that some of the Wii's where replays were recorded had no hack that allows to show tags on replays, making things a bit harder. I got this though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's awesome. It's mainly the name of that player, the pink Diddy Kong and the assumed second player behind the dark MK that interests me the most.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's weird.
There are a LOT of people who use white MK in Japan: Kakera, Otori [unless he plays vs Kakera - then he uses default], Rain, Yui, Bombsoldier and sometimes even Akira.
Akira and Shikkoku usually play dark MK but Rain also used dark MK at this tourney and Shige has played dark MK before [in these vids he plays green MK].

Generally the list goes: Kakera [white], Otori [white, default], Eru [red], MK [red], Akira [dark, various], Shikkoku [dark], Rain [white, dark], Yui [white], Shige [dark, green], Shu [green], Sweet Pea [pink, red].

It's really hard to tell at times who's who though. Sometimes a tourney has 3 people that use the same MK costume [Yui, Rain and Namata in this case] so one of them switches to another color [Rain -> dark]. Very confusing, especially when there are different tags and when people like Yui or Rain don't even main MK and don't have a very distinctive playstyle it becomes a nuisance to tell them apart.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Use win-rar to move the files out of the archive onto your SD card. It didn't work for me either when I tried to open it with zip. You can still use winrar to work with it even when it's a zip folder.

lwliang061

Smash Rookie
These things looked pretty good, and some that I can learn, and I hope to learn more on it!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Next Sumabato is scheduled for 4th September. Due to the consistently increasing attendance the cap has been raised to 150 entrants for that event! Let's hope that they'll still put full focus on singles, not like the FES Sumabato.

Xdeath is currently uploading the videos of the round robin on his channel. Thanks a lot for doing that! It will take a while until all videos are up so stay patient.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
2 weeks ago there was another round robin tournament in the Kanto area. The replays were recorded but only a few videos are actually uploaded. Instead the replay files are available for download here:

http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/Li/so/100297/ssbb

Since I can't record anything I recommend downloading these files if you want to see them. From the videos I saw so far it should be a very interesting watch as characters are pretty diverse: Yui [Fox], Shu [Snake], Rain [MK], Shige [Falco], Mikeneko [arguably the best Marth in japan], Kein [arguably the best GW in Japan]. I have not seen all videos yet so I can't confirm Rain's Falco, Shu's/Yui's MK or Shige's MK/Diddy yet but I'll watch the videos later and post results and stuff. It also remains to be seen whether other players took part at the round robin. More info coming soon.

If somebody could record these replay files and either send them to me or upload them on his channel I'd really appreciate that. It would be a very valuable addition to this video collection.

Someone really should record+upload these!

PLEEEEAAAAAASE ^^

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's already being done. It's just a crapload of replays and it'll take a while until they're all up.

chaosmaster1991

Smash Apprentice
Quick question, do you know the exact rules that Japan uses for EDC? Apparently it's not completly banned and google translate isn't that great.

Top Bottom