• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I figured you would ask that XD
No, I don't know if he still plays or not but I assume he does. Looking at his tourney history he never seemed to enter a lot of tourneys [but if he did he'd always do amazingly well, usually with a new main character each time].

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not really back and forth. While Nietono managed to win sets against him 9B still won the majority of them and 2 stocks weren't that rare for him either.

[posting this while updating OP].

.AC.

Smash Lord
I figured you would ask that XD
No, I don't know if he still plays or not but I assume he does. Looking at his tourney history he never seemed to enter a lot of tourneys [but if he did he'd always do amazingly well, usually with a new main character each time].

i found myself being impressed the last time i saw his matches, which is a rare occurence

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sumabato X09 has been announced to take place on the 19th November.

More importantly I have included new youtube channels of two players in the "recommended" section of the OP: Dio and Kakera; The former has winner bracket set of Kuroobi vs Yui from the last Numabura tourney, the latter has more than an hour of footage of Kakera vs Ocean - arguably the highest currently available level of play of a highly controversial match-up. Make sure not to miss this!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He still does and he usually places as well as his character allows him to.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I haven't heard about him coming to Apex. To be honest, I think he's beyond his prime as a Snake player which was from mid 2009 to about last year in my opinion. He seems to have lost grip on the Olimar match-up pretty badly and other "new" match-ups like ROB and Marth seem to be very problematic for him too. I honestly think he's mainly riding the fact that he's so good vs MK and Diddy Kong now but I'd be more than glad if he proves me wrong.

[For reference: he used to have a favorable record vs Brood that he lost recently, used to go even with Nietono whom he loses to all the time now and drops sets vs Mikeneko and Luminous now].

PZ

Smash Lord
Mikeneko is good and all but is really bad at the mk mu...

He catches on fast its just he never starts off good and towards the end thats not good for confidence=(

Also he bad against nado(i believe spotdodging it instantly is stupid against a good mk)

Tesh

Smash Hero
The descriptions say its from a tournament on the 13th.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
These are from a tourney that happened not too long ago, I just didn't know videos exist. In case the results surprise you it should be noted that they used the Apex stagelist, that not everybody is used to. Rain / Earth are experienced with it hence their outstanding placings.

Thanks for adding though, that's some great material for the MK section - Kakera, El and Otori videos on one occasion [and against each other!] is just tasty.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh, I'll have to look through it now if it has some stage diversity.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Kinda hard to understand what part of bracket these players are fighting on. Anyone have the results for that tourney?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
From what I heard the entire top 5 of the tourney minus Yui will be at Apex.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Apex will be soooooo great.
Could you link me the japan-apex-player-list please??
Btw. El's MK is really good :0!
I like those vids a lot :]

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm going to update this thread when Sumabato videos are up. Apex rehearsal videos will be added as well as the new youtube channel.

Top Bottom