• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
M2K > Otori is kinda obvious, although Otori plays some match-ups better than M2K does.

It's hard to call anybody "best MK" in Japan but imo it's between Otori and El, the former being the more hit/miss kind of player, the latter being remarkably consistent.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
^ :awesome:

Sumabato X11 is announced for 2nd feb. 9B and SLS are confirmed attendants and Ganbaranai has also signed up [he goes by the name "Hayase" now] - playing Pikachu now he might be one of the few to take out SLS [9B and Cross are the others who have a shot] and cause a change in the previously rather predictable results [9B as 1st, SLS as 2nd, Cross / Nagahari / Earth / Souther / Masashi filling up the top 5 spots].

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
Ganbaranai is such a troll, but he's hilarious. Wish he'd do a Vex and move to a different character because I love his pika, but mine needs to progress to the top. lol

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Lol Gheb. I finished a long discussion with M2K recently and he thinks he is better than Otori and plans to go to SRT to prove it. M2K was going to quit brawl but since many are planning on keeping MK legal he is going to keep playing.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ganbaranai is such a troll, but he's hilarious. Wish he'd do a Vex and move to a different character because I love his pika, but mine needs to progress to the top. lol
He switches mains like every 6 months or so lol
First time I heard of him he went Diddy [in late 2008], then Wario, then ROB / DDD, then Snake, then Falco and now he's Pikachu. Just watch him playing a new main @SRT lol

Lol Gheb. I finished a long discussion with M2K recently and he thinks he is better than Otori and plans to go to SRT to prove it. M2K was going to quit brawl but since many are planning on keeping MK legal he is going to keep playing.
SRT alone may not be enough to prove it though. It's good to know he found his motivation again and I hope he'll do well. I've always liked his MK, he just needs to get some important match-ups down - for SRT that'd be ICs, Falco, Olimar and Fox. 9B, SLS and Yui play nothing like anything he has faced before and we all know about how he does against Olimar :bee:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I've added all recent sets from westsmash and harukow's channels. Apex won't be added.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Otori is way better than M2K. That kid 6 hit comboed me using bair twice as MK, when the **** has M2K ever done that?!?! Plus his hair is a lot better.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Agreed, his bair cancels to up air strings are amazig

:phone:

zmx

Smash Lord
"M2K > Otori is kinda obvious"

Not sure what proof you have for this. The one tourny they both attended, Otori significantly outplaced him. He also beat him in doubles. After the tourny was over they had a few more friendlies on stream and Otori won those as well. Granted I realize dittos are not the best way to determine skill.

Edit:

Lol never-mind. Just realized the date. But I guess this can be directed to Keitaro's post.

Keitaro

Otori is way better than M2K. That kid 6 hit comboed me using bair twice as MK, when the **** has M2K ever done that?!?! Plus his hair is a lot better.
lol what? I believe in M2K!!

Why would anybody from Japan NOT go there? :(

That is how I felt for some people who didn't go to Apex that were from the states. But the only person who didn't go to Apex that really should have off the top of my head was TKD but he seems to commonly miss everything important :glare:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
SumabatoX11 is at 70 entrants at the moment and an old veteran champion of 2008 - 2009 is making his comeback: Gano.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wow, I haven't heard Gano's name since the time he made it to finals against Akira.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Who does Gano play?

And does anyone know the last time 9B lost to a Metaknight?
Gano is the inventor of Diddy Kong and a major source of inspration for 2008 NL.

I don't think 9B lost to MK as IC yet...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sumabato is a tournament series where points are awarded depending on the placings at individual Sumabato tourneys. For each placing the players get a certain amount of points and at the end of the tournament season the overall points during the season are added together for an overall ranking.

The first link leads you to the results of the 1st completed season [which started in spring of '10 and ended in the spring of '11]: 1st 9B, 2nd Earth, 3rd Nagahari, 4th OCEAN, 5th Masashi, 6th Kie, 7th Miyacchi / Smasher;
The second link leads you to the results of the current season [which started in the summer of '11] ... as you see, only one event is left until the 2nd season of the Sumabato serious is completed and atm the rankings look like this: 1st SLS, 2nd 9B, 3rd Nagahari, 4th Aki / Kakera, 6th Masashi, 7th Earth

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
9B was still playing Lucario at the start of this season, so he didn't place very well in two tournaments. SLS has placed in the top 6 at each this season. Otori is ranked 23rd right now. He only entered two of the five tournaments held so far. He placed 4th at one of them, above SLS, and 24th at the other because he was sent to losers bracket early because he was sleeping and missed his first match. Nietono is ranked 28th. He only entered one tournament but placed 1st.

These rankings are for the Sumabato X tournaments which I believe are held in West Japan/Kansai. I don't know about Kakera and Otori, but I'm pretty sure RAIN, Nietono, and Brood are all from East Japan/Kanto.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Do tournaments in East Japan/Kanto have anything similar?
Not that I'm aware of.

How the heck is SLS currently in front of 9B? And why no Otori? Different part of Japan?
Look at ranking tables. 9B has placed 33rd and 25th at the first two events when he still went all Lucario. After that he placed 1st three times in a row, going all IC. Otori is currently 23th on these rankings.
Kakera and Otori are living somewhere between Kansai and Kantou. The regularly attend tourneys in either region but not as regularly as the "real" local players of these regions.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Are there any good Japanese G&W videos out there? Would be interesting to see how they use him.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kein and Rakyawo are the ones to watch. Together they have a solid amount of GW videos that have been taken within the last year.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have a hard time finding Japanese videos... If you could link me one I would greatly appreciate it. Then I could look at the related vids.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Damn Japanese, aren't there anything else but Mks and Olis >_>
Oh well, thanks for the videos.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think they only record like top 12 or something. You'd probably be asking a similar question if you only watched top vids of the US or Europe.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
With the help of Iblis I managed to recreate the bracket of the Apex preperation tournament. He will also help me with future brackets of japanese tourneys. Thanks a lot for the help, Iblis!

[Collapse=Bracket]
[/Collapse]

Keitaro

Damn, sucks that Otori and Kakera had to play each other. Nietono basically got 2nd twice with Apex ruleset (that and Apex.)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Otori and Kakera having to play each other here and there is inevitable ^_^

@Nari

Sorry, I have no idea but imho the names are readible anyway.

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
Yeah, I can read most of the names I am familiar with already, but the obscure names, the ones I am slightly more interested in, are hard to pick out. I guess the big names are all that really matter anyway.

By the way, Gheb, did you say that the next Sumabato was going to be held on the 2nd? The date on Smashbrothers is the 11th. Or did they change the date?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That must've been a typo. It's on the 11th of the 2nd month and I might have confused that because where I live you put the day before the month when writing down the date.

It's the eleventh february to make it absolutely clear ^^

Top Bottom