• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Litte info-update on the next Sumabato tourney. Due to summer holidays/vacation the sign-ups have been going slow for the first weeks but have picked up some pace. It's at over 60 entrants now and some big names have signed themselves up already: 9B of course, Nagahari, Msasshi, Brood, SLS and Kakera as well as local "heroes" like Kie, Miyacchi and Modori [no word on Earth and Cross now]. It's still almost a month away so the attendance list will probably grow noticeably until then.

http://smashbrothers.org/tournament/x/xlist8.htm

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sumabato is next week. Attendance has hit 90 by now and a couple of big names have signed up as well - namely Nietono and Cross. The main focus of interest of the tourney will likely be how the elite of the east [Brood and Nietono mainly] will do against the "rising stars" of the west such as Kie, Cross and SLS.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
These tourneys always record WSF, WF, LSF, LF and GF sets.

Otori has finally signed himself up as well making it even more uncertain who's going to take the cake in the end.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I hope they won't play bo1 sets or something like that like they do so often.... cuz that's kinda making it somewhat random lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
They never do that for any final matches. All recorded sets will be best of 3.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yeah Bo1 is... weird and as Lp already said sometimes really random.

@Gheb: OK, then I hope, they dont forget to save everything xD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The results are up on smashbrothers.org
Not very surprising anymore Nietono won the tourney - followed by Kakera, a Snake player I don't know yet [google translation calls him "black belt"] and Otori.

1st Nietono :olimar:
2nd Kakera :popo: :metaknight:
3rd "Black Belt" / Kuroobi :snake:
4th Otori :metaknight:
5th SLS :falco:
5th Aki :falco:?
7th Nagahari :diddy:
7th Brood :olimar:
9th Ocean :rob:
9th Cross :sheik:
9th ???
9th ???
13th Masashi :pit:
13th Earth :sheik: :pit:
13th ???
13th ???

Full / Correct results will probably be posted by Suinoko again. That should bring some more clarity ... that's all I could find out so far.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Black Belt/Kuro Obi??

other two 9th placers were at’LAV◆ and Kii
other two 13th placers were Namaata and Misaki

My, how 9B has fallen...
25th:
Tamanyaso/Kuroan/Seruka/9B/Ryuuji/Cedric/Nosha/Modori

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Oh wow that's a big surprise! Kuroobi usually places in the lower ends of A-Bracket / Top of B-Bracket in the Kantou area. But the translation seems accurate and fits the description on the result page. Now I'm REALLY curious for vids because according to the bracket he must've beaten SLS and Otori :o

And lol 9B plays Lucario now, it's no surprise he can't do that well anymore but whatever floats his boat I guess.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
How consistent was he with ICs when he first picked them up? Maybe he just knows something we don't

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Videos are finally being uploaded. What you're going to see:

WSF: Kakera vs Nietono / Kuroobi vs Otori
WF: Nietono vs Kuroobi
LSF: Kakera vs Otori
LF: Kakera vs Kuroobi
GF: Nietono vs Kakera

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Oh wow that's a big surprise! Kuroobi usually places in the lower ends of A-Bracket / Top of B-Bracket in the Kantou area. But the translation seems accurate and fits the description on the result page. Now I'm REALLY curious for vids because according to the bracket he must've beaten SLS and Otori :o

And lol 9B plays Lucario now, it's no surprise he can't do that well anymore but whatever floats his boat I guess.

When Suinoko filmed the japanese traveling to apex I'm pretty sure he mentioned Kuroobi as "best female smasher".

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Kuroobi, Kuroan, and KyuuB are three different people, let's try not to confuse them lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kuroan is the one they referred to as the "best female smasher". Kuroobi and 9B are both male as can be seen in the countless pics @ smashbrothers.org

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I didn't update yet because I thought they would upload Kakera vs Otori LSF but Suinoko confirmed that it wasn't recorded so I'll update the OP now. I'll also watch [and might add later] the vids from Suinokos AIB blog.

Seems like Kyuubi is tired of losing :bee:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Even I wouldn't stay lucario if after several months you don't go anywhere. I personally think Lucario would do pretty well in a region like that merely because of stage + characters that happen there, but at the same time Lucario is much different in play than what most of the japanese do (Lucario doesn't do "precision" very well unless you're like Trela lol), he's a lot of hard reads and relatively "messy" play.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
C-Stick = Gaia

I willl update vids when they are uploaded in regular quality. Patience.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah that's what I was planning but it seems like there won't be any high definition videos. If nothing comes up by the end of the weekend I will include them in the OP as we have them now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK, it seems like ssbbmania has uploaded vids from the Numabura tourney so I will update now. In the meantime SumabatoX9 has been announced and will be held on 9th October. The biggest names in the list of participants so far are 9B, SLS, Nagahari, Akira, Rain, Brood and Kakera. Players to watch out for are Shin and Modori.

Edit: The videos on ssbbmania are only 5 in number [the fragment of Otori vs Shogun doesn't count] and only single matches so I'm not sure whether I'll add them into the OP or not. In either case I'll try to cut down the OP a little to make it easier to wortk with and find stuff.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It basically seems like an aggregate of smash tournament videos.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
SumabatoX9 tourney is over, videos can be found on the westsmash channel.

1st 9B :popo:
2nd Kakera :metaknight: :popo:
3rd SLS :falco: :diddy:
4th at'LAV (Selcia) :metaknight: [:ike:]

Top Bottom