• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

B_AWAL

Smash Master
M2K when he is in his prime is the Best EVER. But Now... he isn't... that person anymore. But hopefully Japan will whip him into shape. Otherwise... Hell 1 of the Japan Oli's will end up getting the best of him. He will lose 2 Yui, and Oli player or Haya(Pika player).

:sonic:

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Given the reasons already listed, it would suck for M2K to go to Olimar's homeland, get frustrated and then destroyed by someone he should be able to beat. Hopefully anyone going along (including Canada) will support and cheer for him. Show them western smashers aren't completely free.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If it was all about the money, he wouldn't be paying to go over there. SRT also has a cash prize to attract greedy OoC pros.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
If it was all about the money, he wouldn't be paying to go over there. SRT also has a cash prize to attract greedy OoC pros.
I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I'm pretty sure he said he was going for reasons other than smash. Also, I'm pretty sure if M2K is going to enter a tournament, it's going to be Sumabato and not SRT

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
90 Players? Brawl is surprisingly more Popular in Japan than anywhere else. =0
Not really if you consider the size of Japan overall.
It's not the size ... Japan's two biggest scenes are rather close to each other and in between that area I don't think there are more people than in NJ / NY and the surrounding agglomeration. The true reason there are more people attending is ... that their tourneys don't suck and that the people aren't money-greedy *******s.

M2K when he is in his prime is the Best EVER. But Now... he isn't... that person anymore. But hopefully Japan will whip him into shape. Otherwise... Hell 1 of the Japan Oli's will end up getting the best of him. He will lose 2 Yui, and Oli player or Haya(Pika player).
Hayase doesn't enter singles though ... and maybe a year ago I was sure that Yui would beat M2K but now I'm not really sure anymore.

Given the reasons already listed, it would suck for M2K to go to Olimar's homeland, get frustrated and then destroyed by someone he should be able to beat. Hopefully anyone going along (including Canada) will support and cheer for him. Show them western smashers aren't completely free.
Except that neither Brood nor Nietono have signed themselves up for the tourney yet so it's not exactly 'Olimar' homeland'. The only good Olimar who is in attendance so far is Kairo.

:059:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm sure Japan has enough high level Olimars to give M2K trouble without those two.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If none of us go on stream at Sunrise, I'm at least bringing my Wii so that if it gets set up somewhere and some of my matches are on it I can at least submit those.

It's gonna be nerve-wracking, but I should hopefully have the training I'll need by the time I go.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i rly don't like being hyped up, cuz im not the 2010 me (besides not knowing some MUs, my skill was way higher then imo), even during mlg i said all 3 times that i would lose (then somehow i won 3 in a row). that way there's no pressure and i can just try my best w/out worry. I'm good in USA because i got the time to figure out things on my own. I didn't always used to be good vs mk and snake when i started, i became good because of so many mk ditto and snake vs mk friendlies, so i got to figure it out through a lot of experience and experimenting. I can figure almost anything out in smash through experience and experimentation,but i don't do it quickly usually. I don't know MUs I don't have experience in at all, and i don't really adapt that fast, i just constantly learn over time. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if i lose to a random player or good player over there. I'm not expecting to win, I really am going there because all of Japan players want to play me and i want to play them and it's the least i can do since i can't enter their main tourney cuz of FC (I regret this decision now, but it is too late as the ticket is already bought). Also I want to see Japan stuff (idk what yet specifically though).

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
There're a few videos of Ken as Lucario if that should go in archives.

:phone:

CrimsonSun

Smash Cadet
i rly don't like being hyped up, cuz im not the 2010 me (besides not knowing some MUs, my skill was way higher then imo), even during mlg i said all 3 times that i would lose (then somehow i won 3 in a row). that way there's no pressure and i can just try my best w/out worry. I'm good in USA because i got the time to figure out things on my own. I didn't always used to be good vs mk and snake when i started, i became good because of so many mk ditto and snake vs mk friendlies, so i got to figure it out through a lot of experience and experimenting. I can figure almost anything out in smash through experience and experimentation,but i don't do it quickly usually. I don't know MUs I don't have experience in at all, and i don't really adapt that fast, i just constantly learn over time. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if i lose to a random player or good player over there. I'm not expecting to win, I really am going there because all of Japan players want to play me and i want to play them and it's the least i can do since i can't enter their main tourney cuz of FC (I regret this decision now, but it is too late as the ticket is already bought). Also I want to see Japan stuff (idk what yet specifically though).
That's cool, just try your best and have as much fun as you can. Also, try to get as many matches as you can recorded, because you might learn from those later if enough matches are uploaded.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Looked like they made his tag show his percent.

edit: nvm I guess the game always does that...?

You can dive as it is input to dive around and blown over, you begin to fall
When combined with strong avoidance landing

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
*shrugs* According to the terrible translator: You can dive as it is input to dive around and blown over, you begin to fall
When combined with strong avoidance landing

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Mew2King is officially entering SRT now.

He just told me he changed his ticket which cost a couple hundred and he will be missing FC for SRT. Let's root for him guys. I'm shocked he made the change.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Respect +infinite for M2K

People say he's in only for the money but those *******es can **** themselves. There's no monetary gain for him in doing this so the only reason why he could possibly do it is for the love of the game and for the love of competition. Proving haters wrong all day!

:059:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
he changed his ticket which cost a couple hundred

The change cost a couple of hundred? WTF
But good news nevertheless, this will increase the hype by ALOT :D
Lets see if M2K can do Top3, I hope he does!

I'm rooting for you M2K <3 (One of my alltime favorite players :))

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Mew2King is officially entering SRT now.

He just told me he changed his ticket which cost a couple hundred and he will be missing FC for SRT. Let's root for him guys. I'm shocked he made the change.
It really feels like an international affair now! We got Europe, Japan and North America fighting.

Wonder whose gonna get Mew2King in their pool then...

Mew2King

King of the Mews
i really hope i don't get ***** (since they all know how i play and im REALLY nervous lol). I am not expecting to win, but it would be really great if i could do well. For some reason I seem worse vs japan players than here but i think it's cuz they are aware of what i do and im not used to them (I know they are better too but I also seem worse vs them too maybe because of unfamilar characters and/or they know how I play? i don't know the reason)

im not doing it to prove haters wrong tbh (unless you meant about money), because I'm not expecting to do that well myself since my vs Japan track record is not great (altho i did 2 stock mid % rain in a money match at genesis2 twice, i know he's improved since then and ive gotten a bit worse also), I'm doing it because the guilt was too much for me to take any more (going there then leaving just before the tourney). I honestly could not stand the guilt anymore so I got it changed at a huge price, 570 + skipping FC (which is 4 events i could make money in between melee/brawl singles and teams). This may have been a horrible decision on my part but I felt too sad at how everyone made me feel for skipping it just before the tourney.

any money i win here at SRT (if I'm lucky enough to make any) is going to Toph.

it was 1975 ticket, then i was originally going to skip last 2 days of SRT for FC

But, I felt bad because all the americans made me feel bad and suinoko felt bad and vinnie told me kakera said he hates me for it (don't know if serious or not but that's what i was told from him) and that made me feel so bad i changed my ticket. It was 300 + the difference of price to change it (270), so 570 extra, so over $2500 total....

ummmm, you guys don't have to donate or anything if you don't want, but if you would like to help, the paypal that would be used is toph808@yahoo.com . I would appreciate it a LOT for anyone that would help though, and would definitely return the favor to anyone that helps (if I can meet them in person or i could tell them brawl/melee strats or something IDK just... something).

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
i really hope i don't get ***** (since they all know how i play and im REALLY nervous lol). I am not expecting to win, but it would be really great if i could do well. For some reason I seem worse vs japan players (I know they are better too but I also seem worse vs them too maybe because of unfamilar characters and/or they know how I play? i don't know the reason)

im not doing it to prove haters wrong, because I'm not expecting to do that well myself since my vs Japan track record is not great (altho i did 2 stock mid % rain in a money match at genesis2 twice, i know he's improved since then and ive gotten a bit worse), I'm doing it because the guilt was too much for me to take any more (going there then leaving just before the tourney). I honestly could not stand the guilt anymore so I got it changed at a huge price, 570 + skipping FC (which is 4 events i could make money in between melee/brawl singles and teams). This may have been a horrible decision on my part but I felt too sad at how everyone made me feel for skipping it just before the tourney.

any money i win here at SRT (if I'm lucky enough to make any) is going to Toph.

it was 1975 ticket, then i was originally going to skip last 2 days of SRT for FC

But, I felt bad because all the americans made me feel bad and suinoko felt bad and vinnie told me kakera said he hates me for it (don't know if serious or not but that's what i was told from him) and that made me feel so bad i changed my ticket. It was 300 + the difference of price to change it (270), so 570 extra, so over 2500 total....

ummmm, you guys don't have to donate or anything if you don't want, but if you would like to help, the paypal is toph808@yahoo.com
Real talk here, but as awesome as it is that you're fully attending Sunrise (I hope to fight you in pools/bracket/money match), you really shouldn't have let yourself get influenced like that if it was true. You were committed to FC, and it was just inconvenient timing that you're in Japan but go back for the likes of FC. Now you're gonna have people mad at you for not going to FC you know this right? You can't please everyone, and if it's true that lots of people were making you feel bad for this, and being told that the likes of Kakera hates you for it (just going off what's been said)?

Well... This is gonna be brutal, but screw them. Someone says "WHY AREN'T YOU STAYING FOR SUNRISE?!?!" you shoulda just said "Because I'm going to FC. Sorry? But I got things planned already. Deal with it."

But do yourself a favor and go into this with no regrets. You made your decision to fight it out at Sunrise, so give it your all. There's a difference going into it cocky or making claims and just doing your thing. If people have expectations of you, just say "I plan on doing that." If it doesn't go your way? It just doesn't.

In the end, fight with no regrets.

Also in case you weren't keeping up with what's going on for Sunrise, as far as pools go for Singles,

16 people per pool. Best of one. Top 6 make it out. Typically seeded by 1st and 2nd seed Japanese players and 3rd seed going to a foreign player. THe likes of you would probably top seed or second seed one of the pools, but just so you know what you're up against. You got once chance every match in pools, so turn it up the entire way through!

After my run is done (going far or ending early), I'm rooting for you.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
i wasn't joking lol, it really does bother me when i do something that people end up hating me for. nothing bothered me more than the brood/ocean chants though. I regrettingly gave one of my good controllers to nietono in the thoughts that i was quitting after apex 2012 cuz i got too depressed from that tourney and the way i was preceived by everyone (everyone wants me to lose only, more than anybody else)

Top Bottom