• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
candy is GOOD
you dont know the rob match-up so go go go do studying (play some friendlies with random good rob before the tourney) youll need it if im right you have 2 robs

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
candy is GOOD
you dont know the rob match-up so go go go do studying (play some friendlies with random good rob before the tourney) youll need it if im right you have 2 robs
I know it's been a while, but wouldn't YOU be better off helping him with that MU? I mean, where else is he going to find a ROB player in the next week?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Just so you know, if/when I ever get a car, I'm going to be dropping down at least once a month (work permitting). Just sayin'.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I finally got Autotune to work, I just need to test it out. Armada's Sheik should be managable, Candy might be impossible, and I don't know BetaZealot, Nacker, or Stingers.
How is Armada's shiek manageable if he's that good. I think he plays a lot of Peach too.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Just don't sleep on Armada at all. Chu and M2K are enough proof that Melee skill does indeed transfer over.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Don't try and break him down before the tourny... lol.

Hell, I keep telling myself my pool is manageable after all... XD

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Not tryin' to break him down, just making sure he'll be alert at all times while he plays in his pool. Sometimes if people relax themselves too much about who they'll play, they'll sleep on 'em at times and that's not good.

But...my pool is manageable for me overall if I stay focused, only HAT and Punishment Divine I'm not too certain about. It's scary every time I fight an unfamiliar Marth and a skilled player of many characters. xD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ban mk at our tournament, I just now thought of the possibilities. Picture it! Doesn't the picture in your head look so fun?
I picture the first Dayton tounament having 3 people due to this rule. Oh, and Scribble losing :laugh:

Not tryin' to break him down, just making sure he'll be alert at all times while he plays in his pool. Sometimes if people relax themselves too much about who they'll play, they'll sleep on 'em at times and that's not good.

But...my pool is manageable for me overall if I stay focused, only HAT and Punishment Divine I'm not too certain about. It's scary every time I fight an unfamiliar Marth and a skilled player of many characters. xD
Good point.

Mine can be manageable, but I'm not entirely sure what to expect (I mean, I've been doing my research, but I'm nervous to play these people. Especially the TL players. I don't know that MU well enough, and although I'm trying to practice it online, I don't know if it will help me prepare enough to do it offline.).

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
no i can beat fizz with my secondaries im not a one trick pony
i found a venue (at an arcade as well)
there will be a tourney soon
banning mk is the dumbest idea in the history of dumb
suggest it again and i will point to the door and say get out
this will NEVER happen at ANY dayton tournament
why do you care anyway you dont do bad vs mk

the apartment should be done by next week. as in internets and phone as well
moving should be done thursday, and we are also all set for pound 4

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
The better question is why would we/they?

lol th3 master...

Also, Audiosurf is amazing.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Of course I do, I'm Banhammer. I win at everything except (but very soon to change) Brawl

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
hurrah everybody
go look at P4 results GO GO GO!
I kept up with brackets until 8:00 when only AZ was left (did you see his set against cable!?!). Since you were busy playing a million DDDs and beating Hyro's TL, you quite possibly didn't get to see that or Y.b.M vs ADHD and DEHF vs Chu which you must have heard about, though. Chu was down a stock final stock game 3, got a grab and 0-death'd him.
Oh yeah, you know that D3 player you barely made it out of pools #2 over won his set against Co18 2-0.:laugh: That reminds me, was playing Co18 like flying an airplane into the eye of a hurricane while doing a barrel roll (hopefully it was more awesome than that)? That's how I always imagined it'd be.:)

Oh I hooooooope you saw Atomsk and Lee Martin in teams!!! We need to hurry before Nope and Fonz form team Brotherly Love and use the Anubis strat.

Oh yeah, Coney commentated the livestream hemad.:chuckle:

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Samurai Jack quotes, eh?
I wish I made it out of pools but Armada and Candy were hard, and I still don't know what to do against R.O.B. and I couldn't do anything against a Falco.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
And Brawl, lessee... Woah Scribble 17? Very nice! And the top place wasn't an MK, which is always nice to see d:
Yeah, good **** Ethan. Also, top place was not only not an MK, but showed that MK does indeed have a counter (to a certain extent.). None of the MK players there knew what to do against good Diddies, and ADHD just whooped *** on M2K. He got beaten by him twice, and got 3-0d in Grand Finals, with one game being a 2 stock (on Delfino no less!). It was pretty epic.

I kept up with brackets until 8:00 when only AZ was left (did you see his set against cable!?!). Since you were busy playing a million DDDs and beating Hyro's TL, you quite possibly didn't get to see that or Y.b.M vs ADHD and DEHF vs Chu which you must have heard about, though. Chu was down a stock final stock game 3, got a grab and 0-death'd him.
Oh yeah, you know that D3 player you barely made it out of pools #2 over won his set against Co18 2-0.:laugh: That reminds me, was playing Co18 like flying an airplane into the eye of a hurricane while doing a barrel roll (hopefully it was more awesome than that)? That's how I always imagined it'd be.:)

Oh I hooooooope you saw Atomsk and Lee Martin in teams!!! We need to hurry before Nope and Fonz form team Brotherly Love and use the Anubis strat.

Oh yeah, Coney commentated the livestream hemad.:chuckle:
I heard AZ's set vs Cable was amazing, but I only saw a couple seconds of it due to keeping up with Ethan's sets pretty much the whole time. His sets against Fatal and Peirce were pretty good though. (The one against Fatal was intense and really close... If only he'd remembered to ban Halberd! The one against Pierce though... well, he made Peirce look really bad. 2 stocked him every game.)

Hyro's TL is beastly! Thank god Judge gave Scribble tips on how to beat him, otherwise he might have lost to him again.

Didn't see much of teams sadly, although I did watch quite a few of Kirinblaze + Will's games.

It's true. Hemad.
"He just tornado'd and I couldn't get around it, it's whatever."
Haha, yeah, that pretty much described the match to be honest. A LOT of smart tornados that served the purpose of pissing off Coney so that he'd mess up even more. He was a good D3 though. Later in the day, I heard him talking about how Brawl was a stupid game and he might drop it XD
He was about as mad at the end of that set as Ethan was at the end of his set against Vex though. (Vex essentially got his D3 destroyed, then went MK and his pixel perfect spacing of Ftilt pissed Ethan off enough that he started messing up more and more. The fact that he had an hour break between his last match and that one didn't help either.)

hey dj Iskscribble or banhammer or frumandaman did any of you grab my black jacket and name tag that I forgot at the hotel?
Yeah, Scribble and Banhammer have it. Not sure if they have your nametag though.

Wish I could have had some warmup friendlies before pools though... I probably still wouldn't have gotten out, but I would have played a lot better.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Fizz, if you can make it out to our apartment tomorrow (I can give you directions) you can practice with me and maybe M2K before DU.

Top Bottom