• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Wow, where the hell did you come from? Ethan came in 17th, I didn't make it out of my hard-as-hell bracket, and we've been low key since.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
By "bracket" he means "pool" and I missed Pound. I lost my ride to TYM due to some God Kais/Springfield shenanigans, but ended up going to an IN tourney at the last second and taking home a little cash, though. I think I also gave them a reason to nerf Brawl- Ness, hopefully that stuff shows up on youtube.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Kewl. I havent played brawl much lately, so I really suck.... i'll put it like this.... lvl 9 ur too slow > my mk

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Well, I work every day this week, dunno about next, but I'll be starting up soon again tho at sinclair, IDK. Also semi kewl news. The old crew that I was in is gettting back into brawl so I may start up again and not just at sinclair, but we'll see. But how have you guys been? The apartment? The jobz? The THUMBZ?

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
dj iskascribble was playing mad sick at pound4 :colorful:
Since I missed this (the quote is a month old btw), I expect to see more mad sick play at the Showdown because I know you're showing up for that.

And did Brandon trade in his turtle for some nanners? Now he can mindgame me into going Falco game 1 and pull out G&W...:ohwell:

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
yup and his naners are getting better fast
you guys are gonna shix brix when you see mine XD

also i havent been to anything in over a month. the rest has done some good i think and hopefully i can get someone to switch me the 6th for the 7th(since i have that sunday off O.o) so i can go to nopes. if not itll be like mid march before i do anything tourney-wise :(

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Yeah, turtle soup was starting to get bland and I needed some potassium in my system. But that doesn't mean I won't stop developing my soup recipes. Pretty soon you'll start to see and hate that purple munkeh

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
G&W is advantaged for falco. maybe even

stop shooting so many lasers and start fighting him on the ground
6/4 in The Watch's favor. Laser spamming won't work because it can fill bucket and Watch can also duck under lasers. Mindgaming Falco also works when you trick them to approaching after you bucket a laser and have the lag, if you distance yourself far enough you can wait until they attack and you will be out of the lag and shield an attack or dodge a grab.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
yea but straight up fighting seems to work vs the dubzy but ive never played my gdubz against any competant falco

oh yea we should be going to nopes in march

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
yea i was looking at that.
idk if i can get two days off in a row (ima need it for the trip)
i plan on trying though,
also if you ever wanna see your bufu hat alive again you need to come visit us
(scribbz)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll def try, but I am having financial difficulties still, so it may have to wait till April/May.

That being said, you should def. show up, considering you're more or less guaranteed money (Pretty much Blue Rogue would be the only one really a threat to you), on top of a $5-10 MM with me (AKA I'm paying off $5-10 of the 70 I owe you in MM form that you aren't allowed to throw.).

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Can the formation team djiskafizzle (I think that's what we decided on?) finally happen at Springfield?

edit: don't bring a tv; Nope's got like 50

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
When do you guys plan on leaving for Springfield (a lot of people are coming Friday:))? I wanna see that snake/marth/other of yours in the secondaries tourney.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I really need to find the time to file my taxes. I could definitely use that refund. On the plus side, I got another raise, and it looks like a kinda-somewhat promotion might be on the way too, so who knows, maybe I'll actually have enough money to visit/actually enter more tournaments than just 2 nationals a year :p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I would love that, but mine probably won't be anywhere near that big, considering I had claimed my GF as a dependent (the form had asked if there was anyone living with me depending on my income, which there is), but apparently I can't since we have no official relation to each other. :(

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
fizz your mom is gonna have to take you there my car will be full
i can bring you back home though sunday morning
(scribbz)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Holllllyyyy ****...!

GJ Fizz. The day has come that you have finally outplaced Scribz. Rub it in every time you see him.

Ethan, what happened?

Actually... in general, what happened? Those results are crazy!

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
This is at least the third time I've outplaced him....
Even though I ran into La!n a round later than he ran into m.2.k (namesearch that!), I still feel like I earned this one.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I did so garbage this tournament. I should've won against Asdioh, Sneaky, and Jerk. I came really close in some matches and others I just bombed.

Top Bottom