• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
DJ Futurescribbles I know you're not allowed to reveal anything about the future but can you at least lie to me and tell me that Brawl- is the future of gaming?

Because I would be sooo happy.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
If you guys are going to Springfield tomorrow, I wanna know what time(assuming I can get a ride). If not, I'll rep Dayton pretty well (assuming I don't drown in brackets).

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
yea i dont wanna look at brawl right now ive been playing it way too much
plus i really really wanna spend the day with ashley
So things get better between you two then? Good to hear!

Also, I know how you feel. Baten Kaitos Origins has been helping me with that though.

Also also, according to the agent at the Greyhound station (when I left from Dayton after Pound), the ticket I HAD can be changed to another return ticket from Cbus within the next year. Keeping in mind she was incompetent, and thus this could be false, this means I may drop down sometime in the near future, especially since for the last 2 consecutive weeks and the coming one, I've had Sun-Mon-Tues off.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I will... probably... at some point.

Heh, seriously though, I need to build up a tiny bit more cash, and get my manager to tell me more than a day or two in advance if I work the following Monday or Tues, then I'll probably come down. If it takes too long, I'll save the ticket for the weekend of the Dayton tourny, and, depending on my work schedule, stay 3-4 days.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Before we can host a tourney, we need to find another venue since our original one closed down. If we can get in good with Magic Castle then maybe we won't have to worry about paying much or at all. If our apartment was big enough, we would host there but we would probably only fit about ~20 people. So our next step of venue choices will probably be Sinclair. I won't be able to talk to anyone about it today because I has man business to handle, but I'll try to see if I can do something about it Wed. or Thurs.

EDIT:This is the longest post I've ever written that isn't filled with my usual dumbness

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
well we gotta start planning ALL over because the venue we had surprise! closed down.
they were supposed to get new machines but the owner company instead came with empty trucks and said you guys get out now. so im sadface
im still not all the way better yet for some strange reason. but idk hopefully i can get to a tournament soon. its looking like nothing till late feb. when i can go to vg bootcamp if i get the days off

****it brandon you ninjad me

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That sucks! That being said, I doubt Sinclair would let you use anything worthwhile, and you can't host a tourney in building 8...

Hmmm... I have to look for a date to host my tourney on... I still haven't even looked at what's available. :(

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I don't think I'm gonna go to VG bootcamp. I've got Saturady detention from 8 to 12.....anyway.....I don't know if there's any tourneys this weekend. If not, then I've got nothing to do.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I don't think I'm gonna go to VG bootcamp. I've got Saturady detention from 8 to 12.....anyway.....I don't know if there's any tourneys this weekend. If not, then I've got nothing to do.
What did you do?
HA ha you are still in high school. :p

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Ah, I just saw the attendance list for Holy House. Dayton could clean up! But because the job fairy isn't all that generous with time off, I doubt you'll see us there....time to go have a normal high school weekend....

I do want to come down soon and try out a few CPs for metaknight that should be pretty handy with some work.

Also BRAWL MINUS. I must have played at least 4-5 hours of it at Nope's.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Kyle actually goes to school, but when he isn't, he's attached to WoW

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
We need to come up with a plan to get Kyle to get his *** off WoW and into some BRAWW!! In all seriousness, Kyle NEEDS to gtfo World of *****craft because it's destroying him and he just hasn't been the same since. Last time I talked to him he stared at some guy's laptop because there was WoW on it. He stared at it for a half hour straight. Maybe we need to just bring Brawl back to Sinclair because if we can get Kyle more exposer at B-, we can ween him off of WoW all together. And I'm making this post not only to add along with the current discussion, but also to show off my new signature. It's so awesome, and I did it all by myself (except for the GnW, I found that.) Also, Fizz and Ethan, you gotta let me know what you want for your sigs as well, since we can all meet up at one convenient place now.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You know, I would think getting him off WoW to get him a job would be more important than to get him back into Brawl, but both would be good :p

Top Bottom