• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
come to one of these for once. or be able to have one on a tuesday or thursday and we'll come to you. just let us know in advance since ALL spare time goes to DDR practice on the Step & Smash DYT crew's VERY OWN In the groove cabinet!

yea we actually OWN one now so no johns about anyone not playing since its gonna be free

someone (brandon) call me at 9:30 make sure im up plz
Alright... I'll see what I can do during my spring break week in a while... until then, uh, school dominates the week, I'm afraid.

I actually like DDR so that's some good stuff XD Though I rarely ever get to play so I'm insanely rusty... Wasn't ever really good to begin with, but it's definitely fun.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
We got mega lost, I'm actually surprised we made it in time for registration.

Vorpal Lyric

Smash Cadet
Thanks for trying at least. I wouldn't expect you guys to miss the tourney for me. I'm glad you guys made it in time! I'd feel awful if you missed it 'cause of me. Thanks anyway though. :) Still appreciate the gesture.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
yay i was style'n on everyone in mah street fighter 4 snuggie and socks
i dropped one game all tourney and that was vs oli on weegees and that **** is *** (was still last stock last hit)
against goo

ill post the vids when i get them all up they are almost done (took 22 hours for like 8 or 9 of them since its HD)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll watch them later when I have more time, but quick question: How many of us are going to Pound 4? Is it just me, you and Brandon?

Are Adam, Fizz, Kyle (lol... probably not.), or Larry going?

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I just realized who the hardest character is to play as in melee really is. It's mewtwo!
Also, don't forget to stay out of the men's room.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I want to know why Bowser has a better MU to MK than G&W (acronyms ftw)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
He has a grab release CG on MK as well as other guaranteed grab release followups (Grab release>Dtilt/regrab/jab-regrab/jab-jab/Ftilt/UpB/SideB/Fair/Hyphen Smash).

Still though... you'd think G&W would do better against him... *shrug*

Also, if we're driving Ally... does that mean I get to finish my MM with him finally (AKA get *****?)?

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I think G&W has a better MU than Bowser, mainly because of the many setups be can put MK in with UpB and can bacon trap. Also I gotta talk to you Ethan because we got ALOT of things to move into our place. Right now I'm messing around with photoshop and such.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I agree that G&W probably has a better MU vs MK, but for different reasons (he gets Comboed like crazy, his shield sucks, and MK can be tough to grab for Bowser), but ehhh... I don't really care much XD

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I think G&W has a better MU than Bowser, mainly because of the many setups be can put MK in with UpB and can bacon trap. Also I gotta talk to you Ethan because we got ALOT of things to move into our place. Right now I'm messing around with photoshop and such.
By "things", I hope you mean autotuners.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
guys i got my umad shirt in yay i cant wait to wear it under my sf4 snuggie =p
and did you schedule our appointment yet? by that time you and me will be paid

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I didn't get the message until after the place was closed (whomp whomp waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh) and I'm gonna wear my awesome shirt, whether it fits or not.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
note: *none of this matters if they move you around any more*
@Scribs: I didn't know you were in a pool with Jbug! Make sure to keep your gimp hand ready (pun) because his Lucario is fierce. In case you didn't study up on everyone in your pool, I know he can play mk and goes him regularly in doubles, but I doubt anything short of Rainbow Cruise will bring it out. I'll check out the other pools later (I noticed this one by chance) and report any useful knowledge I've got...so don't expect any more info =p

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
note: *none of this matters if they move you around any more*
@Scribs: I didn't know you were in a pool with Jbug! Make sure to keep your gimp hand ready (pun) because his Lucario is fierce. In case you didn't study up on everyone in your pool, I know he can play mk and goes him regularly in doubles, but I doubt anything short of Rainbow Cruise will bring it out. I'll check out the other pools later (I noticed this one by chance) and report any useful knowledge I've got...so don't expect any more info =p
Where do you guys find info on Pools?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, Scribz, you got switched, but your pool doesn't look too bad other than Junebug, and maybe Lobos, but I can't remember who that is.

Fonz's pool on the other hand... ouch!

I'm not sure what to think of my pool. Havok is going to manhandle me, and I don't what to think of the others. GDX is supposedly a pretty good Diddy, though YbM says he's not too bad (But I am not YbM, which may cause a problem.). I vaguely remember hearing Snapp's name somewhere. Anyway, time to start looking these guys up.

Pools 1, 9, 18, and 21 look tough.

Brandon... you got screwed in pools :p Armada and Candy are going to suck.

EDIT:

Pools are here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9274371&postcount=15600

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
oh! brandon got moved. his last pool was much harder. he gets to play armada, the guy coming here from england! let us know how his shiek is
i already knew i got switched
im not too worried about jbug and lobos, i play fonz and quivo so i know those match-ups.
i think one of the other ones is a marth and im not worried about that either. idk who the other two are though.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Lobos still plays skribbz, I do not. At this point his TL is very likely better than mine., especially since he gets a lot of MK practice.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
This is the same Armada who is a Melee god, right? The Peach player?

Also, what did his last pool look like?

And hey Quivo, since you're in here... Have you heard of Copacetic or Izumi before? Both play TL, and I have no idea how they are, other than that Izumi was at one point PRed.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Um yea, I've heard of both of them. Copacetic I can't really remember though. I know Izumi is part of inui's crew though.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Well, I know now that I'm ******. I play a Snake, R.O.B., MK, Sheik, and Falco.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Armada is a ****ing monster in Melee, I'm rooting for him all the way!

I got a pretty manageable pool

Me
Hat
Hot Kaarl
Malcolm
QUE
Punishment Divine

Punishment Divine better be playing better than Beegs that day or I'm going to prison **** his Marth
Malcolm is a good Sonic gone Wario? Either way I know both matchups very well, I just need to remain focused
Kaarl is a Samus I think?
Not too sure about Hat and QUE though

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Gee, thanks KB. That's a real confidence booster.:( I've saw his Sheik in Brawl and I might have somewhat of a fighting chance because it seems he follows a certain pattern. I just need to study more. Also anyone have more info on Nacker and Stingers? I've never heard of them before and that will **** me up if I underestimate my opponents. Candy I have no choice but to study his MKSnake and strategize (although I know once the match starts that might be thrown straight out the window) and BetaZealot I'll have to ask around about who he plays most and how his play style is.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i thought candy played snake? he used to be one of the better snakes. I also thought both nackers and stingers played R.O.B. i know both robs are pretty good too
Armada is gonna be a fun match and yea thats the super good melee guy

HAT plays mk and kirby i think

quivo dont crush my hope XD
either way im still getting better at the match-up and i will still do good regardless.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, Candy plays Snake and I think HAT is MK/Kirby as well.
On the plus side Brandon, up until now, I didn't even know Armada played Brawl, so who knows how that'll turn out.
Also, if the videos of French players I saw are any indication, Europeans seem much better at Melee than Brawl :p

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Armada placed top 20 at genesis. *checks AIB* Yep 17th, looks like somebody will have a impossible tough time getting out of pools.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh... Nevermind then.

Also KB, you should be good. If I remember correctly, ITT said he'd beaten Malcolm's Sonic, and you've beaten Blue Rogue, so you should be fine. On top of that, you know the Marth MU. Just play it smart and you should be good.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I finally got Autotune to work, I just need to test it out. Armada's Sheik should be managable, Candy might be impossible, and I don't know BetaZealot, Nacker, or Stingers.

Top Bottom