• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is snake really broken?

strike42

Smash Journeyman
snake isn't broken, people only say that when they lose to him. like my friend who i keep beating his *** with snake so he keeps calling him cheap, or broken. when he's not, he has weaknesses like any other character.

Browny

Smash Hater
snakes up-b doesnt have super armour... if Sonics b-air can kick snake out of it, im sure plenty of other attacks can (althogh interestingly enough, zeldas lightning kick doesnt even kick him out of it lol)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Snakes UpB DOES NOT have Super Armor. I has Semi Super Armor. Think of it as the Metal Box. It resists attacks up to a certain damage, but strong enough attacks will knock him away.

kolbie232

Smash Rookie
Snake not broken? whats up with all u guys that say hes not broken. first off his tilts are absolutley ridiculous his f tilt does like 20 percent damage AND has huge knockback it has the potential of a smash attack and the speed of a tilt BROKEN. and whats up with his infinite recover that he is? i mean if he gets spiked or messes up his recovery all he has to do is do a c4 and he's back on the stage. his f smash is broken as well it can kill a jiggly puff at 30 PERCENT NO LIE every move snake has is extremely broken he has the longest boost smash in the game as well

try to argue against those facts what will u people say? u all know its true just get over it snake is broken end of story.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Snake isn't broken... he is however if there is even such a thing... "high tier" due to his large hitboxes, high priority, huge knock back, and good ATs.

Broken... is ice climbers grabbing you then spiking you down the ledge with a fsmash, or metaknight not having an ounce of lag between his moves which all have high priority. ;P

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Snake not broken? whats up with all u guys that say hes not broken. first off his tilts are absolutley ridiculous his f tilt does like 20 percent damage AND has huge knockback it has the potential of a smash attack and the speed of a tilt BROKEN. and whats up with his infinite recover that he is? i mean if he gets spiked or messes up his recovery all he has to do is do a c4 and he's back on the stage. his f smash is broken as well it can kill a jiggly puff at 30 PERCENT NO LIE every move snake has is extremely broken he has the longest boost smash in the game as well

try to argue against those facts what will u people say? u all know its true just get over it snake is broken end of story.
When you get spiked and use c4 recovery, you need to be at a lower percent to do so. If you get spiked at a higher percentage, you will most likely die. This is because the cypher takes a little bit of time to go upwards after being spiked. You are still moving in a downward direction as you start the cypher. Oh, and by the way, you don't just c4. DI, cypher as fast as possible, DI away from edge, c4 drop and make it explode without making yourself fast fall, DI toward the stage while trying to dodge a readied attack. It takes patience to get it all right and precise.

Man, that Jigglypuff must have been stupid to be hit by a fsmash. Jiggles could survive if DI is being used correctly, air dodge right after the fsmash, and multiple hits in the air to stop momentum. DDD's can kill Jigglypuff at that percentage. So can Ike. Maybe even Marth's tip of the sword. A lot of things can kill Jigglypuff at low percentages, heh. It all depends on location, I guess.

It isn't hard to maneuver around ftilt's. You must just suck at the game. I've faced people that can get around it. For example, a Ness player that I face has it down and can actually punish me for using ftilts.

The "Boost Smash", as you call it, can be easily punished if you learn to block it.

Also, don't use " u " to compensate for "you" . It makes you sound dumber than you already are. This goes with other words too.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
ya know if people stopped complaining about how "broken" snake is , then maybe they could figure out some ways to beat him.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Snake not broken? whats up with all u guys that say hes not broken. first off his tilts are absolutley ridiculous his f tilt does like 20 percent damage AND has huge knockback it has the potential of a smash attack and the speed of a tilt BROKEN.
Yeah the f-tilt is strong as heck, and yeah it is fast. But it is punishable as heck as well. If you really think snake is broken. Just quit the game. Its as simple as that. Or you can figure out that a character is only broken if they have NO bad match ups. Snake has multiple. He has more than Fox did in melee. Yeah, thats a small comparison between games. And don't even start on the bs about the difference in melee and brawl. Each game had characters that were"broken" Go complin about game and watch or something stupid like that. Don't waste our time. We are trying to further the development of our character, while all you are doing is ambitiously just bashing us for playing a character we have fun playing.

and whats up with his infinite recover that he is?
What so infinite about dying at 136% from your own c4? get your facts right.

i mean if he gets spiked or messes up his recovery all he has to do is do a c4 and he's back on the stage.
and all d3 has to do is jump. There I just countered a stupid argument with a stupid answer.
his f smash is broken as well it can kill a jiggly puff at 30 PERCENT NO LIE every move snake has is extremely broken he has the longest boost smash in the game as well
So your just complaining because you got ***** because your a cruddy player?
Just debunked everything you have said. Goodbye, you are the weakest link.

Umbreon said:
countered by:
falco (non-FD only)
marth (FD only) *

even with:
falco (FD only)
roy (FD only)
marth (non-FD only)
sheik
mario
doc
peach *
ICs *

counters:
bowser
yoshi
DK *
Falcon
Ganon
Kirby
Ness *
Jigglypuff *
Samus
Pichu *
roy (non-FD only)
luigi
link
young link
Zelda
mewtwo *
G&W
pikachu *

* = can take fox 0 to death, any DI, usually from a grab.
Here is my list if your playing players that are actually good.

counters Snake.
R.O.B.
Wolf
DK
Wario*
Falco*

is even with Snake if they are good players.
Fox(Play gamble and tell me this is false.)
G&W
ICs(if infinite throw is allowed. If not, he counters them)
King Dedede
Pikachu
Pit
Olimar
Toon Link
Captain Falcon(Play crei, he will **** your ***** with falcon. This one is actually iffy, crei just an amazing player, so this one can be disreguarded if you want. I'll put him in both categories.)

Counters
Charizard
Captain Falcon
Bowser
Diddy
Ganon
Ike
Ivysaur
Jigglypuff
Kirby
Link
Lucario(this one is iffy as well, seeing how well Azen has done with him.)
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Metaknight
Ness
Bowser
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Squirtle
Shiek
Sonic
Yoshi

* can take Snake from 0- death.

And by players that are actually good. I mean people who win the majority of tournaments that they goto. I win the majority. Dsf wins the majority. The list goes on and on.

Also, these players aren't ******* who jump off the stage to spike snake when he is recovering close. They just simply cyphergrab. Majority of the time, we will c4 to avoid this, but that it is when they beat us down. So if our recovery is so amazing, how come we get punished for it, by good players.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
Snake not broken? whats up with all u guys that say hes not broken. first off his tilts are absolutley ridiculous his f tilt does like 20 percent damage AND has huge knockback it has the potential of a smash attack and the speed of a tilt BROKEN.
F-tilt is also easy to punish.

and whats up with his infinite recover that he is? i mean if he gets spiked or messes up his recovery all he has to do is do a c4 and he's back on the stage.
It's not fully infinite. Snake dies if he is at very high percents when he tries the c4 bomb jump.

his f smash is broken as well it can kill a jiggly puff at 30 PERCENT NO LIE every move snake has is extremely broken he has the longest boost smash in the game as well
F-smash is actually one of Snake's worst moves. The only times you are going to be hit by that is if you either trip into it, are in the process of recovery or are just a bad player.

His "boost smash" can be blocked and punished as Cecil said.

Honestly if you think Snake is broken then instead of whining about it why don't you practice more so you can counter him?

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Please remember that 90% of Brawl smashers don't know what they are talking about or doing. I was actually interested in maining both the 3rd parties with Sonic being my primary(Go figure I was interested and used Snake even before this tier mess). I also was gonna use ICs too so I had 3 characters. When the Snake craze came, I just fell off of Snake and now it's just Sonic and ICs. Well, here's something to think about. If Snake was sooo broken, how come I barely lose to them with Sonic (Sonic's supposed to suck right?) How come I can gimp them and find ways over their tilts huh? Maybe you people that are complaining about Snake is making a big deal out of nothing HE CAN BE KILLED YOU BOONS!!!! :mad:

I may just put Snake as one of my characters like I originally intended.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
^ finally some1 who makes some sense around here. if this guy can find his way around snake why can't the rest of you whinny people.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Please remember that 90% of Brawl smashers don't know what they are talking about or doing. I was actually interested in maining both the 3rd parties with Sonic being my primary(Go figure I was interested and used Snake even before this tier mess). I also was gonna use ICs too so I had 3 characters. When the Snake craze came, I just fell off of Snake and now it's just Sonic and ICs. Well, here's something to think about. If Snake was sooo broken, how come I barely lose to them with Sonic (Sonic's supposed to suck right?) How come I can gimp them and find ways over their tilts huh? Maybe you people that are complaining about Snake is making a big deal out of nothing HE CAN BE KILLED YOU BOONS!!!! :mad:

I may just put Snake as one of my characters like I originally intended.
I gotta say Sonic does seem to give Snake trouble for some reason.

Although, I doubt yr playing any good Snakes.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Snake Ist Broken Hes Just A bit Above Most Characters I can Easily beat Most Snakes With Sonic,Mk,or Falco, but A Good Snake player is deadly if he Already knows ur playstyle...... but hes jab up tilt f tilt are ridiculous..

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I am so sick of people complaining about how "broken" snake is. Whoever says that is just a noob who isn't good enough to figure out how to fight him. Yes, snake is a very good character but he is not broken.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
hes not broken. hes just very good. but it takes a good player to win with him. why do you think sonic players can beat a snake? cuz that snake player suckks lolol

but how about someone that give ssnake problems like DK? if the best snake player in the world played himself in a snake vs DK match his DK would win provided they are both playing at 100%

snake can get beaten by his obvious weaknesses but it takes a skilled snake to overcome these and not loose. and thats why so many snakes are winning, because the good players picking him up really know how to use and win with him

ChaoticSamus

Smash Apprentice
I hate when people say Snake is broken. If Snake were broken he'd probably have insta-kill movesd with huge hitboxes and he could meteor you from a mile away. Yes Snake has a few disjointed hitboxes, he's pretty strong, and can cancel his dash attack with a usmash (Wario can do this too). People only say Snake's broken when he whips there ***. So stop complaining and learn to counter him.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
marth is a good counter for him if you are patient...i've been waiting to fight the best snake in florida but in every tourney he somehow is on the other side of the bracket from me...i really think that marth has what it takes to beat him

Gindler

Smash Champion
marth is a good counter for him if you are patient...i've been waiting to fight the best snake in florida but in every tourney he somehow is on the other side of the bracket from me...i really think that marth has what it takes to beat him
Oh yes, If you're speaking of Afro Thundah I can't wait to play that kid just to see how good a good snake really is.

D

Deleted member

ill just say that snake and MK are the reasons why brawl is more unbalanced than melee

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
He's not completely broken. He can just be annoying to play against if you don't know what your doing.

Timbers

check me out
I consider MK broken tons more than I do Snake. Snake at least has obvious weaknesses (trashy airgame, gimpable recovery, actually does have lag on his moves) whereas MK's is pretty shallow. There's really no learning curve with him. His moveset is broken. No lag on anything, spammable moves, top tier gimp game, decent killpower. I know people would argue that he's lightweight and **** but seriously that doesn't effect him at all. If you can't get a finisher in on him then it's useless to even consider it. Snake's one of the heaviest characters in the game, and it's easier to get a kill on him than it is MK in most situations.

Snake's a good character, but he has his obvious flaws. I don't think he's broken by any means.

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
How could u all say hes not broken!? ill list just a few things here to make myself clear:
1.- Friggin knee lock and air kick combos
2.- down throw chaingrab = 11% each
3.- he can stick a C3 to your body
4.- He can Snakedash
5.- His uptilt hit you even if your not close to him
6.- he can throw his cardbox!!!!
7.- his C3 and Landmines exploding radius goes under the platform
8.- he has one of the best spikes

I think thats enought to say that snake its completly broken!

napZzz

Smash Hero
I consider MK broken tons more than I do Snake. Snake at least has obvious weaknesses (trashy airgame, gimpable recovery, actually does have lag on his moves) whereas MK's is pretty shallow. There's really no learning curve with him. His moveset is broken. No lag on anything, spammable moves, top tier gimp game, decent killpower. I know people would argue that he's lightweight and **** but seriously that doesn't effect him at all. If you can't get a finisher in on him then it's useless to even consider it. Snake's one of the heaviest characters in the game, and it's easier to get a kill on him than it is MK in most situations.

Snake's a good character, but he has his obvious flaws. I don't think he's broken by any means.
omg I <3 your post!!

Tomkraven doesnt even have half his facts straight on his post, he's clearly a scrub who loses to snake thus thinks BORKED. Snakes knee lock doesnt work, his air kick combos are not really broken in any way and average moves the c4 stick is very difficult to pull off. Your points 4, 5, (and maybe 7) are the only things that might let you TRY proving snake is broken. And he's not. Snake=best character in brawl which means=broken to anyone who doesnt use him.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Well, if he had GaW's Bair and MK's body he would be broken beyond belief!

In all seriousness, if he was as broken as people are here complaining about, he would win a lot more than he does. There is a huge difference between broken and best.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
people keep saying meta knights broken. no characters are truly broken because they each have atleast one matchup the has the advantage

napZzz

Smash Hero
no META KNIGHT is broken. He's an unbalanced character with almost no weaknesses compared to his pros and they arent very major. Snake has many flaws to match his pros but is just a good character.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Meta Knight does have a counter. Snake.

It's just about the only real counter he has. Everyone else who is a "counter" to Meta Knight are really just characters that aren't completely overcome by him like others are. Therefore they're just matchups where the non Meta Knight gets *****.

If Meta Knight isn't broken, he's by far the closest character there is.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Anything in a fighting game that is truly broken means it completely warps the metagame by itself. For example: Is snake so good that people have to pick specific characters they normally wouldn't just to beat him (say, for instance, lucario). In that instance, Lucario would become much more valuable as a character to learn for the sole purpose of defeating that character, because someone's normal main wouldn't cut it (if they were maining like, Ike or something).

The difference here is it is quite possible to beat Snake with characters that even have bad matchups with him anyway. You see in other fighting games it works differently. Broken like Akuma to the point where it became "Play Akuma or lose". When something is truly broken it's BANNED because of being so broken. So until you start seeing legitimate tournaments crop up all over the place where the rules read: "Banned Characters: Snake ad Metaknight" It's best to just get off your *** and start trying to figure out how to beat them instead of whining.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yeah Akuma is the most broken thing there is, but hey it's freakin Akuma so some on. Besides we're talking about Shin Akuma aren't we? I thought regular Akuma was okay. Anyways, right now MK isn't bad enough to ban I don't geuss.

Who knows though if a new tech comes out similar to wavedashing or who knows what, Meta Knight could either become better or worse. The MK fans better hope he becomes worse, because if he does become better then he'll certainly start getting bans.

Hate Sakurai some more, he wasn't so ignorant that he could not tell MK was way above the other characters. I think it's safe to assume that he wanted his baby to be the best.

Top Bottom