• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Jigglypuff really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
This thread is lasting longer than I thought it would. I am amused.
.......Darn. I can't actually think of anything to say on the topic, however. *cough* Please continue this.........interesting debate.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You obviously do not know KO percents. Link's F-smash is one of the weakest F-smashes in this game. Killing most characters at around 120% with no/bad DI when FRESH is not very impressive. And they're going to survive well past that with good DI or if you rely on it for outspacing approaches.
Thanks to Sasook I got the estimates.

With proper DI and MC, it kills Jigglypuff at 130%, assuming she DI's and MC well. DK can live from the center of FD with good DI and MC til 180%.

DK and Snake are going to live absurdly long with DI and MC, no one else will.

D-air is basically inside Link's body and a bit below him and doesn't reach anywhere horizontally. That is horrible for application onstage, since you have to go out of your way to be above someone for it to hit, which is not a fun task for a slow character. Good players don't roll to do crossovers and the boomerang setup is only viable if Link ever gets a shieldbreak.
First off,

This means touching Link is a bad idea, it reaches enough below him and is his earliest kill move.

Second off, ever heard of Bombstooling? Bomb->Dair is a basic set-up but for a more garenteed set-up if you get the timing down is, Bomb ->footstool->Dair is guaranteed if you hit with the bomb.

Dair is a good move, not a spamable move since if you use it wrong it will take a lot of landing lag.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Her majesty is sexier than Link, I like curves ♥
Noob what are you talking about?!, Jiggz is possibly a trap, that means very sexy!? This is very important!

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Her majesty is sexier than Link, I like curves ♥
Noob what are you talking about?!, Jiggz is possibly a trap, that means very sexy!? This is very important!
I'm referring to everyone getting butthurt due to having differing opinions about Link in a thread about Jigglypuff.

Also, Jigglypuff is a woman.

tl;dr - Internet is serious ****ing business.

D

Deleted member

I dont understand A2's arguments.
An average player, saying that average players need to step it up (regardless of if it is true its hypocritical.)

Saying that jiggs has safe zoning when she is soooo awfully slow in the air, meaning that she cant bait and punish nearly as well as falcon, and even though her moves are safe on block, she has very low aerial priority. She can be tough if they try to like hold shield against jiggs, because thats basically giving jigglypuff time to hit you and weave around you, while pretty much every character can outprioritize non-pound in the air. Pound is a good move but its punishable on block.

Your lack of knowledge on the metagame astounds me (at least from what you've shown), and the fact that you would claim you are an expert on it makes me confused.
I don't claim to be an expert on this game, i play it, i compete in it, i try to learn what i can about it, and i have this strange obsession with trying to untap characters' potential then i quit them a week later (i played jiggs for a whole tho xD).
Jigglypuff is bad, underrated but bad.
The only really bad character in this game is ganon imo.

Im done here you can respond if u want but i dont care, if you wanna PM me go ahead.

D

Deleted member

Her fast fall speed yes, makes her slow in the air. Not like her actual horizontal speed but she is really floaty, which is bad when you need to approach, have low priority, and have very little grab game.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
No, jiggz isnt the worst, if your very good with her, you can survive until about 150% (down aerial)
And she may not have good finishers besides rest, but she makes up for this in high combo ability and the wall of pain.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Jiggz is bad but not as bad as you guys make her out to be. You're all a bunch of whiners.

G-reg has an amazing Jiggz. He beat Junes Lucario among other people. I dunno about the set but I got stuck fighting Greg first round and decided just to Jiggz dittos and he's good. You guys just all play wifi and that basically messes up your Jiggz.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I don't play wifi. There's a guy here who does really well with Jiggs. Mains Ness seconds Jiggs and takes really good players to game 3 sometimes against the likes of Diddy's and MKs.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
Don't think that Jigglypuff is the worst. Jigglypuff may have slow falling speed, very light weight, and short range. But Jiggypuff has good air speed, good air dodge, powerful rollout, and good pound. But if you play item matches often, I find Jigglypuff good at it.:)

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff's to-do list

Item 1: Air Camp
Item 2: Gimp
Item 3: Plank
Item 4: Rest Setup
Item 5: Profit?... Maybe not?... Okay.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jiggz is bad but not as bad as you guys make her out to be. You're all a bunch of whiners.

G-reg has an amazing Jiggz. He beat Junes Lucario among other people. I dunno about the set but I got stuck fighting Greg first round and decided just to Jiggz dittos and he's good. You guys just all play wifi and that basically messes up your Jiggz.
You sure that wasn't me? I beat Junebug 2-0 at Pound 4 in the final 48 man bracket (After Round 1&2 pools) with Jigglypuff.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff's to-do list

Item 1: Air Camp
Item 2: Gimp
Item 3: Plank
Item 4: Rest Setup
Item 5: Profit?... Maybe not?... Okay.
i will revise these

1 : Do 200 aerials per match
2 : grab-punch-throw 10 times per stock
3 : Rest peoples rolls, only at low % and when they are at kill %