• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Jigglypuff really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ive done it before in melee, but i have yet to see it in brawl...
Vids, i need them, otherwise its only melee possible

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ill try 2 make one if i cant find it, but its possible in melee.
Its difficult though, as ive only done it to jigglys rolling in the air, not the ground...

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I told you, melee possible only.
Show me it done in Brawl if you wanna defend your statement that its possible in brawl...
Anyone got any good jiggz rest rollout counterz?
This one is good but it seems like it wasnt planned out.
Any better ones?

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
I told you, melee possible only.
Show me it done in Brawl if you wanna defend your statement that its possible in brawl...
Anyone got any good jiggz rest rollout counterz?
This one is good but it seems like it wasnt planned out.
Any better ones?
ive been doing it for at least year, ill keep looking , but im sure its on vid.
and don't belittle Alex19 he trains with Mango :/

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Awesome, thanks woodman, now i believe its possible in brawl :)

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Yeah can anyone get the Frame data for that? It'd be interesting to know what the window space to time it perfectly is.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape.

The timing is so risky, but the orgasm you get is very rewarding.
WTF? xD Is it that uncommon to you? xD

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I only enjoy myself when i do it in melee.
So much knockback=So much fun xD
And in melee, its actually worth landing on jiggz, beacause its an OHKO.

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
...yes...yes she is that bad...
On another note. People actually fight with Jiggz on the ground!?
Who does that to themselves? Who honestly even tries to kill with Jiggz?
Don't be a freakin' hero, GO FOR THE GIMP! Stall on the ledge and bait stupid inpatient folks to their untimely demise! Your air options are great but aren't even all that safe... If your opponent is smarter than you you basically DIE...:(

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Welcome to competitive gaming, please enjoy your stay.
Nice one! i was going to introduce him xD
Your good dude...

Jiggz isnt the worst!
Ive seen MKs and D3s fail to jiggz.
I beat a near perfect MK with Link.
I cant complain, jiggz is my second...

Tham

Smash Apprentice
ok, a few new impressions of a tournament i was at (nothing too big, but a few not bad players were there)
i played jiggs first, lost against donkey kong >.< picked MK (i dont play MK very often) spaced as i do as jiggs, edgeguarded as i do as jiggs and won
i won very close against somebody, picked MK and destroyed him

i dont wonna say that ill main MK now, cant leave jiggs alone :C - but i want to say that playing jiggs is training your spacing very good, u really have to try to avoid every sinlge hit - or u can easily die
and imo jiggs is perfect for training that
i really dont play MK often, so i was like Oo when i kicked a few really good players after losing against them with jiggs

all in all: jiggs is bad, i can win with jiggs against every char, but when they know the MU and they know whats your strategie, they will win
i can show fights where i win against snakes, MKs - but as a jiggs its 100times harder to win as e.g. MK
but if u train as jiggs you dont only train the char, u will train spacing more than others do cause a snake neednt watch out that much as u do and a good spacing is the key to win
<3 jiggs, but i really saw: jiggs<MK

but i think jiggs in teams is maybe a bit better than jiggs solo
jiggs can save your team partner really good
u rest, hit, jab -> profit
u rest, dont hit, jab -> just a few % - but nothing more
but if you and your partner are a good team (i played with a kirby) u can really do good things, but i think other chars can do good things too - but a lose with jiggs is 1000 times cooler than a win with MK ;)

PND

Smash Champion
ADHD, you play a character who pulls bananas out of his *** and flings his **** bananas at people. So I would submit that Diddy is a far poopier character than Jiggs.

GOOD DAY SIR

Jinxkatrina8

Smash Cadet
Hmmm... I don't think Jiggs is as bad as people say she is, but she definitely isn't good.

Her flaws are obvious, so I don't need to reiterate them, and her strengths are fairly obvious as well. In most MUs Jiggs either counters, or loses by a small amount. She's got better MUs (imo) than many other low-tiers, but I think when judging Jiggs she suffers from a lack of interest and representation. Tbh, there just isn't much information out there on Jiggs, and there just aren't that many good Jiggs around.

I'd say Jiggs is closer to mid-D - high-E tier... She has enough strengths to outclass the f tiers, and most if not all of the e-tiers.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Anyone know why jiggz is low tier? Rather than a HUGE Nerf from melee to brawl?
I have many reasons, but whats yours?

Veril

Frame Savant
Jiggs isn't viable in singles. What more is there to say? You can use her as a second, but you'd have better options. You can use her in doubles exclusively, but the tier list doesn't reflect doubles and very few people are content with only using their character for doubles...

On the up side: Jiggs exists to counter diddy. That is her purpose. Most low-tier characters can't say that.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Hiya Veril. I haven't seen your glorious face around these dark parts for quite some time. Also, what's with the Lucas?

On topic, Jiggs does decent against Diddy.

Veril

Frame Savant
Hiya Veril. I haven't seen your glorious face around these dark parts for quite some time. Also, what's with the Lucas?

On topic, Jiggs does decent against Diddy.
I play Lucas+, he's awesome.

Jiggs does do decent against Diddy. She also does tolerably against MK. I actually would use Jiggs over MK for Diddy simply cause everyone knows that matchup really well.

Jigglypuff is POOPY!
Its true. ADHD is never going to lose to a Jigglypuff.

Prove me wrong kids!

Swordior

Smash Rookie
No, she isn't.

Jigglypuff may not be an outright fighter, and her sing is pointless. However, she is a great hit and run character and all of her attacks go farther than they seem. Her rollout is good, and if you get good at her rest attack you can kill your enemies quickly. She flies in, attacks, and flies away before her foe can counter. A good player can easily take out top players, as they get constantly annoyed by her attack and flee tactics. Is she easy to use, no. Can she kick butt, yes.

Remember, on bridge of Eldin to use your Final Smash as the bridge reforms, becomeing permenatly big, if done right. Be cautious not to run off the cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom