• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Jigglypuff really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Happy National Singles Awareness Day! I'll be celebrating it with my waifu, Suiseiseki.

;_;

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If you're better than your opponent, shouldn't be that hard to win a lot of your matches. Jiggs does have a lot of limitations, and can only get around a few of them relatively well.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
Well first there's always a chance of winning. Look at ganondorf match up chart. He has less than 5% winning chance on some characters. Look at Jigglypuff's. (Note that I looked at the old chart.) Her lowest chance of winning is about 20% on Game and Watch. The rest are about in those 45%. I use kirby and I realize that he has 45% chance of winning on most opponents.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ratios aren't percentages...... they don't translate into anything concrete, really.

For example, 40:60 doesn't mean your character has a 40% chance of winning. It's just a quick way of saying "winnable, but your character is at a solid disadvantage, so you'll have to work harder or be more skilled than your opponent to win."

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ratios aren't percentages...... they don't translate into anything concrete, really.

For example, 40:60 doesn't mean your character has a 40% chance of winning. It's just a quick way of saying "winnable, but your character is at a solid disadvantage, so you'll have to work harder or be more skilled than your opponent to win."
Ok.

I really need to practice with somebody offline. I only have 3 friends to practice with.:(

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
Ok.

I really need to practice with somebody offline. I only have 3 friends to practice with.:(

Well all i have is my 12 y/o brother and the cpu lol. I normally just play against the cpu though which isnt that much of a challenge so i kinda never get better at the game xD

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
She can be good if the right person were to pick her up and utilized her completely imo.

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
As long as the person behind the controller feels comfortable with jigglypuff then all they have to do is practice with her.

Jigglypuff can be a good character as long as you put some time into her and not focus so much on her flaws.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
As long as the person behind the controller feels comfortable with jigglypuff then all they have to do is practice with her.

Jigglypuff can be a good character as long as you put some time into her and not focus so much on her flaws.
That's what I do as well. Actually if I win a match I feel confident that my Jigglypuff is doing well. But If I lose... well then I train harder. Don't let tier lists make you feel...easy to lose with low tiers.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
That's what I do as well. Actually if I win a match I feel confident that my Jigglypuff is doing well. But If I lose... well then I train harder. Don't let tier lists make you feel...easy to lose with low tiers.
I agree with you, that's why people be surprised when a low tier places well in tournaments.

You can't underestimate any character since they all have potential.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Technically, Jiggs is a "limiting" character. Jiggs is not a good charatcer, however, that doesn't mean that the player is bad or that it is impossible to win.

Btw Vmage, I know how you feel. That is why I have to resort to Wi-Fi.

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
As i see it.

Pros

1. Exellent recovery.
2. Okay killing moves, like dash attack, rest of fair/dair. (Rollout, but will barely work on a higher level)
3. Good floatyness, so she is an exellent spacer.
4. Good grab range
5. Very nice airgame

Cons

1. She is actually the lighest character in the game, less heavier then squirtle.
2. Her groundgame isnt very gr8.
3. No projectiles.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Instead of being unhelpful and saying that I'm wrong, you could actually try to counter my arguments.

Before you give me the argument that "oh but san and kirk are amazing Ikes!" Big deal. Ike is overrepresented and overrated garbage. He thrives in an environment where 95% of players suck (yes, 95% of Brawl players suck, and even the pros for this game are NOT very competent in general.
**** dude east coast is only the top region overall right now...not to mention san lives in the middle of it all. Yeah, all the GOOD players suck. Whens the last time that you placed in a tournament buddy? All I see you do is argue with people on smashboards. I'd be willing to bet you're trash, but all you can do is argue ******** things and apparently call people way better than you trash? lol

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
to be honest this argument is fairly pointless.
yes statisticly Jigglypuff is a bad character. Theoretically using tonnes of theorycraft and the like, Jigglypuff is a bad character

BUT

as several people do being a low tier means that you probably wont win major tournaments being at a major disadvantage. even so, there are many people that carry on being a trooper and proving that tiers arnt everything, San is an example of this.

even so Jigglypuff IS and WILL probably remain a bad character in brawl, but if you love jiggly as much as i do you'll be a trooper and carry on :)

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
to be honest this argument is fairly pointless.
yes statisticly Jigglypuff is a bad character. Theoretically using tonnes of theorycraft and the like, Jigglypuff is a bad character

BUT

as several people do being a low tier means that you probably wont win major tournaments being at a major disadvantage. even so, there are many people that carry on being a trooper and proving that tiers arnt everything, San is an example of this.

even so Jigglypuff IS and WILL probably remain a bad character in brawl, but if you love jiggly as much as i do you'll be a trooper and carry on :)
Or Izaw. Izaw plays awsome with his link and doesn't care about match ups.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Thing is that Jigglypuff is harder to combo as she is light and small. Plus she recovers easier as she has multiple jumps. Only problem is that Jigglypuff's attacks have short range and is harder to pull of a finisher move and light weight means fast ko.

In my opinion, grab more often. Grabs are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom