• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Excellent tournament everyone. I wish we would have had more working Wii's so things could have gone faster and more friendly opportunities for everyone.

Missouri

MMM-Bpows cat was all up in your grill dude, most talkative cat ever. I loled every time you did your Yink impression, good voice. I wish we could have gotten more Falco/D3 matches in but I know it's super trying to be that GAY for that long with those characters. Whenever I get a chance to go to Missouri I'll make sure we get to hang out and chat, we seem to be similar people and I bet we could have a lot of deep conversations.

FAE-I'm sad we didn't play any singles friendlies, you are my only chance to play a legit lucas. You are a really smart player and it really showed in your doubles work.

tmacc-Ditto what I said to FAE other than I get tons of chances to play D3 and diddy :p I heard you had an awesome mind game on JoWii on your double blind pick, good **** man. Hope to see ya around and maybe we could actually have a convo :)

jowii-I've never heard anyone refer to me as "MegaRobMan" as much as you did the other day, most people drop the "Man" at least when they do it in secession. If there's anyone I got games in with at this tourmanet it was you. Nice T-Link, you need to zair a bit more and sometimes you should switch up camping into being aggro more. I knew if I camp/zoned you I could win with wolf, and it worked better with Link because he can cover more ground with his projectiles. Had an excellent time jamming out to the nature sound track with you, come to more OOS tournaments.

future-You might have a better Wolf, but I called my Marth supremacy in the car like an hour beforehand. I'm surprised you didn't win this tournament, even after my mocking comments. You might be the best player in the 4 state area, you just lose your focus (which joker is good at forcing) a bit too easy when you get pissed at the game or if someone out prioritizes your move and wins because the game is ********, but tbh I think you need to bring the bandanna out of retirement, you just don't look complete without it.

Kansas
Fino-Good **** winning, I hate watching Olimar matches, but you're improving mad good, probably all your research work. I don't think we played any matches, which sucks, but you weren't around for too long. Nice chatting with you outside, I always appreciate you taking an interest in my improvement and I think I may take you up on your coaching next time.

Lux-Reverse 3 stock, screw ice climbers. haha!!! I'm sad that was the only match I got a chance to play with you because that's not how our matches will go ever. I'll play a lot gayer and you won't run into my attacks when you are ahead 2 stocks. You're learning how to do stuff that isn't bait-grab, and if you need some Sonic advise, I'm all ears :p

Iowa
bpow-Thanks for all the driving you did and introducing me to your life soundtrack. I'm gonna go sit and think about my outdoor experiences on rainy days and think of the way the wind truly blows and how I could have planned better. I realize you say you don't like being distinguished between being a teams player and a singles player, but you seem to KNOW doubles better and it showed, when we played doubles friendlies you knew what I wanted you to do. Also, your Mega Man skill is okay, and that's also a complement, lol.

Joker-**** your stupid stage list. I should have gone Link on Green Greens. Thank you very much for your hosting and hospitality. Too bad things didn't go your way against Fino, but know you were giving him hell, he told me so. Nice work in doubles, I would like to team with you sometime.

Razor-I mean this 100%. You are one of the nicest, most genuine people I've ever met and I'm glad you are teaching our youth. You understand the game and want to see others do well and are willing to sacrifice your own well doing so others may learn the game better. Some might see that as scrubby, I see it as someone doing their part to build the scene. Good work, and you got lucky beating me :p (after I got lucky beating you on delfino, thank you water).

Sekou-You are too funny, man. I appreciate your quest to get me thinking about the game in a serious manner. I've been thinking of what to do on a secondary, and tbh, Wolf is probably it. I could try and get good at the game with one character and focus on that, but Nebraska doesn't have the scene for me to get a secondary ready for tournament without me coming to Iowa for games at least monthly. So if we could figure something out where I could get some serious games in, maybe you could help me figure out my game better. I love playing Marth and hate playing MK, but I think MK would OBVIOUSLY be the choice for a dual main. Also, I take offense to you saying gamegenie was the most difficult...I beat you 3 times and maybe 4 if peanuts didn't **** my buffer. i.e. good **** man.

edit: Secondary style, I remember our convo better now. The thing is, I try and play differently every single round to see what works against my opponent, which doesn't work against chainthrowing types (falco/D3 specifically, pika is easy and no one CG's with Wario)...point is, I may have developed too many styles of play and perhaps I should focus on playing only a certain way instead of two specific ones.

jlo-We didn't get any singles matches in, which sucks because you are the closest to my skill level in Iowa, I feel at least. I watched you make Thugz kill me a few times in doubles, if you meant to do that it was a nice mind game, it worked, twice, in the same match. Seriously. wtf. If I make it to Iowa over the summer I'll let you know for some serious games.

Dustin-BK trips too good. You think that all your improvement is "only the pivot grab" but I disagree, figuring out when to use it takes skill and you are obviously making smarter decisions, which is what Olimar/the entire game is about.

becca-Even though FD w0fled me to death, you were winning that 1v1 pretty hard so it might not have mattered. btw I do love your hair and it's way better than connors. His shirt, however...high tier to your bottom tier.

cbk-Yeah you wrecked the **** out of Thugz in teams, wow. It was like I'd be dealing 40% to BC and Thugz would have lost his stock. I'd come in and save him from dying and go back to lazering BC and Thugz is dead again. I agree with P-City, I miss you playing the game, you're an intelligent player.

bc-Thank you for beating Thugz, he needed to be knocked down a peg, and I love the fact you are exactly how you explained yourself to be. Glide-Tosses all day bia's. I don't MM people (other than Twilight Price [lost] and some scrubs [won]), but I'll take you up on that 1 dollar one next time I see you.

wang-You could have beaten thugz if you knew your MK match up better. You beat his pants off that 2nd game but you need to work on your spacing with your fireballs better, MK is going to tornado if you spam them and you're pretty screwed if you get caught. I'll try and help you with it at Auras this weekend, I beat him 3 matches Luigi V MK, but that's probably due to my knowing his style of play.

chloe- HI MY NAMES CHLOE AND I PLAY NESS!!! I'm pretty surprised you didn't beat us in teams, you started using that nair on my shield and I couldn't get inside unless I just bair-walled you. Next tournamnet I'll be sure to bring chips and dip so you can be used to your full table abilities.

Blank Mauser-Quit playing Pokemon Trainer, that thing sucks. Blank, you are still better than me but you believe yourself to be worse than me so I beat your pants off during our matches, even the 2 kirby ones. Don't go in with that bad mindset. Seriously, I want to get better, not beat people who think they have lost before they play. Also you are looking more and more like Lui Kang every day, keep up the hair man.

Ngamer3k-We didn't really talk...but I saw your match against BPow and I can't believe you came back only to lose to a hitbox extended fart. You better be playing some serious games because Thugz is coming for dat ***.

Captain Love-Didn't take Thugz seriously enough, I can't blame you, he sounds like a moron on the boards, but he's actually learning how to play.

Connor-As said on beccas post, I liked your shirt. We didn't get to play any matches which sucks because you have a fierce MK.

Rees-Glad to see you again, I won't forget your name next time.

Nova-I had to go poo so badly and you were in the bathroom for like 45 minutes. Thankfully Jokers Mom banged on the door because she saw me standing there for about 25 minutes, swaying back and forth.

Skizliz-We didn't get to play, but I watched you play Thugz, and my god you lose your composure so easily. He isn't that good, you just got mad when he did stuff and that was the end of it.

Nebraska
Yulai-I'm pissed you didn't try and do a melee tournament, I think I might have won it if I took tyser into the woods and tied him to a tree.

Trent-Way to go, I know you beat Razor who I couldn't beat and Lux who I did beat, but who else did you play? I haven't checked our PR thread yet, but I think that's where I'm headed.

Thugz-Quit playing as anyone other than MK or Pika, if I can beat your PT/Sonic/Fox/whatever in dittos, you should quit them. You need to take matches seriously against all comers, so why play as characters you have no idea how to play as? Also, quit being the most creepy person that's ever existed and know that NO means NO.

Tyser-Even though Jiggs means a free win for me, I hope you change your mind and pound me with D3. Was that match against Joker serious?

GameGenie-LOL everything you said in the car. Do you listen to yourself talk or to other people talking? Either way, good work in your matches, you are getting better.

LeRoy-I don't think you'll see this, but your luigi is pretty sick dude, keep it up.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Shout out time?

Tmacc - Even though it was entirely unnecessary because I'm really laid back in person, I appreciated you coming up and clearing the air after my match with Razor. When you wanted to Double Blind, I thought you were going to Ditto me which would have been an even freer win for you than playing as ROB. Next time, let's restart the game if you Pause and turn Pause off and then just run the clock to reset. I hate getting free kills especially on days when I could CG anyone to save my life literally.

Future - Sad you aren't playing IC anymore, given you're one of my five favorite IC players to watch. And I'm sorry the Dropitis I had was contagious and you got it in your set against Joker.

Collin - I choked and ruined the game plan. I'm glad that I made sure you got your Yoshi vs. Eminem mojo before the tourney, and it was a privilege and an honor to coach you through the tournament.

(Lux) - Stop choking so hard. And running into the same thing over and over. Like a ****** trying to hump a door knob.

My Chaingrabs - WHERE DID YOU GO? THE TOURNEY WAS 2 DAYS AGO. GG pulling a Snoop Dog and dropping it like it's hot. Feel free to come back any time soon.

bpow - Sad we didn't get to play. I would have gotten worked, but I need all the Wario practice I can get because it's one of my worst matchups personally.

Joker - Quality tournament. Your snake has some of the best nade control I've ever seen, and I've been both west, east, and no coast where EVERYONE pulls out a pocket snake to play against my climbers. Trying to coach Fino through playing against you hurt my head, because you adapted to everything so quickly. Great tourney and thanks for hosting, I'll come up again for sure :)

Razor - So umm yeah, by the end of our set, I was scared as **** to come anywhere near you because any time I got separated and off stage, I got the business end of DDD's foot. Easily one of my favorite Matches I've played in a while.

Chloe - So you're kind of my hero now. Definitely exceeded my expectations. Especially since you're a local celebrity and FAMOUS. Come to my tourney pleaseeeeee. And you're losing our little game that we've been playing, I'm up 2 to 0. The balls is in your court and it's your move :)

Trent - Just FYI, you're the best sonic I've faced in the IC matchup, and I've played a few. Thanks for timing me out. I think it's the first tourney set I've ever had where I've been timed before.

Thugz - To answer your question, no I will not play Double ICs in a tournament with you. I won't do that with anyone. It's too much trouble. If you want to learn ICs tech stuff, I'll teach you though lol

GameGenie - You were probably the most legit dude to talk to and chill with at the tourney. And you read my blog :)

LeRoy - Fun tourney set

MegaRobMan - So now that you 3stocked me, can we MM at E52 or BSB? :) I probably should have taken your offer to hotbox it. It would have relaxed me for the tourney, given how poorly I was playing lol Next time as long as I'm not TOing I'll probably come out and play

Congrats to the "I 3stocked DeLux" Club's additional members of: Leroy, Chloe, and MegaRobMan.
If I forgot you I'm sorry.

I might be taking a break from Brawl for a little while to get my head right for next time. Despite being mad salty from all the choking, I still had a good time, all things considered.

-DeLux out

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Chloe - So you're kind of my hero now. Definitely exceeded my expectations. Especially since you're a local celebrity and FAMOUS. Come to my tourney pleaseeeeee. And you're losing our little game that we've been playing, I'm up 2 to 0. The balls is in your court and it's your move :)
No your hero should be Joker for hosting such awesome tournaments :laugh:. I'm glad I exceeded your expectations?

@Rob: Dude I hadn't played Brawl seriously (as in with people in the area) in like 3 months, I felt terribly rusty. Still, no johns.

DeLux

Is Joker a local celeb or FAMOUS? I think you know the answers to that given the criteria we've previously discussed.

Therefore, my statement stands lol

Don't get me wrong, he's respectable. But he's not my hero. Yet.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Random shoutouts off the top of my head, only the most important (if I don't say anything believe that you're still in my heart)

BPow - You get the first spot because you're obviously my favorite, don't act like I even forgot. Here have been my experiences with your gameplay - 1) Aura's in 2010, terribad diddy 2) Brainshock, I was like lol it's just BPow and then you beat me with Wario, spent 3 months figuring out if it was just a fluke 3) Now I realize how legit you've become man :3 Hopefully we progress in smash at about the same rate, we for sure care about the game more than most people in our respective deserted corn states, so keep up the good work and I hope we start winning tournaments soon. Win Aura's, beat Rob, take money, buy some "food" and share with me at E52! Also, we have to team sometime, since you are clearly god tier in teams. (Although me and Rob did beat you and Future. Just Saiyan.)

Razer - You're the nicest smash player I've ever met and agreeing on chars before the match in our round was top notch. Thanks for the great practice and you definitely increased my confidence with pika, I needed that. I'll get you next time man, watch out.

PCity - You amazed me man, I forgot how good of a player you really are. This whole time, I've been getting better and I thought well Joker and Sekou are good, but it's just Iowa, I bet I could beat them now. LOL thanks for showing me how much effort you can really put in this game. On a side note, I'm going to play Diddy, and I can't get the infinite, I've been doing sh -> dthrow -> airdodge then what is it you did on the ground? Or is that even right?

Joker - Obviously thanks for hosting me, and don't count those games I played against you at 2 am when I was exhausted and sad I lost all day =(

Blanks - Thanks for gracing me with your kirby after like... 10 PT games lol. See you at the next local tourney we go to.

MMM - You are also a nice guy. Thanks for playing with/embarassing me, I'm sticking with Pika now so watch out ;)

Everyone in Iowa who doesn't play this game - Why are you still better than me? I try and stuff =(

Rob - You are better than me but YOU AREN'T THAT MUCH BETTER THAN ME. You're the one who needs to be knocked down a peg >.> get off your high horse and stop preaching your non sense ****. I've told you a billion times I will money match your anything that isn't wolf because you need to stop acting like you can play me non-seriously and can beat me. Friendlies don't mean anything, it's the most obvious thing in the world and I don't understand why you don't understand. The only tourney match I've ever played against you was 1-2, and other than that only friendlies, most of which I stop caring after you give me your **** about how good you are. If you money match me with luigi or link or marth and win, then you can act like I can't even beat your secondaries. Not now. Your luigi is bad. I almost beat you after telling myself I would only use tornado and dsmash. tl;dr: money match me so you can either stfu or actually have a reason to give me ****. I don't think you get how much this game means to me, and I definitely don't need all of your bull about how bad I am since it is one of the only things i care about/put effort into.

DeLux

Rob 3 stocked me with Wolf. Thugs did not beat me with easily my worst matchup in MK.

Edge: MegaRobMan

Thugs, you're legit man. Stop worrying what people think about you and just play. You're good enough that your results will be able to do all the talking.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Thugz, you need to get trolled way harder. Also, going into a match thinking all you are going to do is D-smash and tornado is stupid. Luigi's Nair is really good vs both of those things if you telegraph them or specifically if the luigi mashes out of nado in time to punish landing lag at higher percents. Quit johning all the time and maybe I'll respect your skills, or start beating my "bad characters" more than once every four times. You are improving and I'm glad to see that because you want it really badly.

BPx

Smash Lord
@thug-- you've gotten a lot better, but we both gotta keep working dode. don't let robs trolling troll you too hard, haha, he'll do it to ANYONE. you just get a lot of it cause you play with him :p rob will talk **** to anyone he beats with a secondary in any friendly ever, thats why you don't lose (: just pick up hard counters to his secondarys and just outgay him. IMO, drop your pika, or use him as a CP. you have the MK basics down, but you need to work on mixing up your play. if i've learned one thing so far, its that putting all your dedication into one character pays off if you work at it. also, i feel you deserve a real MM if you really want it. i really don't like doing them, but i would be even more willing to just play a ton of seriously friendlies with you next time if you want, just catch me before we go outside haha, or after, idc

@rob -- fun times chillin this weekend. i know i'm better in doubles (thanks sekou/joker :) ), but i'm finna learn the hell out of singles this summer. your wolf has come a long way since i started, keep up the good work. and holy **** i'm going to buy this asap

@david-- you were playin really well in doubles towards the end, and when I started fighting with you, we were wrecking shop. i'm sorry i didn't realize my tactic wasn't working, and i should have adjusted sooner. it was awesome hanging out again, as always. sorry the game **** on you against joker, that was my favorite set to watch all tourney, and it was fun hyping singles GF with you :) :)

@joey-- DONKEY KONG TOOOOOOOOOOO GOOODD. but seriously, your toon link is getting really really gay, so i think you're doing the right thing. keep up that good work, you've already got the important part of being a TL main down ;) i don't ever want to play you in tournament, but prepare for the gayest set ever when we do

@joker-- when we play singles, I always feel like I CAN beat you, but you really make me work for every kill. playing against you all the time, i don't really notice how good you really are until i see you destroy everyone else. teach me your gosu ways this summer please, i'll come over a ton and be your new razer

@razer-- hoppin on the "you're the nicest guy around" train, because you are. seriously, every time i've seen you, from my first tourney on labor day till now, you've been so nice and helpful towards me. i really hope that you keep popping your head in once in awhile, because i really enjoy hanging out with you. lets talk more next time, because i don't think we've ever talked about anything nonsmash related

@mmm/fae-- you guys are an amazing team. seriously. fae you are rediculously good at setting up your usmash and being in the perfect place at all times. i'm terrible at not getting grabbed, so i took way too much damage to that. keep up the good work

@fae-- my favorite set this tournament. i came from playing ****ty all day to turning my game on first round. kinda sucks my bike didn't bailout on game 3 so you could have beat me legit like you were on track to do. i couldn't believe i even took that first round off you after you completely wrecked my at kahoka. you're the best LT main i've seen, and your lucas really is inspring. rep that unviable char for days.

@chloe-- thanks. i'm sorry for not listening to your advice, and i know where you are coming from. i need to learn my character inside and out, which is obviously something you have handled. you know so much about this game, and i hope you keep playing. don't let yourself get so rusty! i wanna see you do work at brainshock. please come back to DSM soon if you can.

@ngamer-- i hate playing you. you are the most patient/calm headed player i've played, and you were pretty much the first person to get me into the scene. i don't know if i've thanked you, but thanks. i really appreciate everything you've done for me from teaming with all of my scrubby characters to wrecking my day with grab releases. every match i play against your yoshi, i feel like you should have won, but i landed a fart. if you watch for those, you'll beat me every time, so good **** man.

@sekou-- please stop talking **** to metaknights, they have feelings too =]. i kid, but next time we play in doubles(if we aren't destroying kids as cyberdyne systems :D ), please talk all the **** you want to me, but keep the **** talk to my partner at a minimum. other states probably think thats really disrespectful, and aren't used to being talked at during matches. i think smashers as a whole need to take a bit of SC's mannerisms so we can make our game a bit more respectable. we've talked a lot about everything, so i'll leave it at that. good **** as always ;p

@tmacc-- i loved watching your rob, have you considered actually playing him? maybe you're just rediculously good at the IC MU, but you had the flow of a real rob main, seriously think about it.

@MMM-- **** talking me in my matches against fae AND i lost to you in doubles, NOW I'VE GOT A GRUDGE! hahaha, good **** man, you are a really good doubles player, and i want to try teaming with you again (as long as TP doesn't spike you 999999 times :p ) thanks for driving out here, i really appreciate it. you're welcome to stay whenever you want :)

@thug/rob/david/jowii-- thanks for letting me bum along all weekend, i'll return the favor at e52, i should be good by then.

@ALL OOS-- thank you guys for coming and making these possible. i'm sorry your brackets didn't turn out well, but thats the **** you get when you random brackets, i tried to at least switch doubles bracket around so that people would other states teams, but i guess when joker/sekou signed up together the bracket got changed around. i'll see you guys at your events all summer =]

we out

Dnyce

Smash Master
@joker

You stopped C4'ing... other than that, lux's post + hardest/most frustrating snake I've ever had to play <.<
Saving rainbow cruise until game 15 CP was a stroke of brilliance that I don't think I'll ever be able to replicate again. lmao, GGs. See you at E-52?

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
@Fino: Idk the Oli matchup with Lucas at all, so I just switched because I didn't want to do another Lucas vs Oli. MK was the only other character I thought of using, but then I remembered I could've used at least Pit. But yeah I can fight Diddys a lot better than Olimars with Lucas. Hell i can fight DK's better than olimar with Lucas lol.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Ayo Joker... I entered as "Raphael de la Ghetto" and put my characters as Sheik and Olimar... Why does it say Fino and only olimar? :(

EDIT:
How I prepared for the tournament - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnbEPG9Ea9M

afk :shyguy:
Fresh Prince episode...I like it.

Random shoutouts off the top of my head, only the most important (if I don't say anything believe that you're still in my heart)

Razer - You're the nicest smash player I've ever met and agreeing on chars before the match in our round was top notch. Thanks for the great practice and you definitely increased my confidence with pika, I needed that. I'll get you next time man, watch out.

PCity - You amazed me man, I forgot how good of a player you really are. This whole time, I've been getting better and I thought well Joker and Sekou are good, but it's just Iowa, I bet I could beat them now. LOL thanks for showing me how much effort you can really put in this game. On a side note, I'm going to play Diddy, and I can't get the infinite, I've been doing sh -> dthrow -> airdodge then what is it you did on the ground? Or is that even right?

Joker - Obviously thanks for hosting me, and don't count those games I played against you at 2 am when I was exhausted and sad I lost all day =(

Everyone in Iowa who doesn't play this game - Why are you still better than me? I try and stuff =(

Rob - You are better than me but YOU AREN'T THAT MUCH BETTER THAN ME. You're the one who needs to be knocked down a peg >.> get off your high horse and stop preaching your non sense ****. I've told you a billion times I will money match your anything that isn't wolf because you need to stop acting like you can play me non-seriously and can beat me. Friendlies don't mean anything, it's the most obvious thing in the world and I don't understand why you don't understand. The only tourney match I've ever played against you was 1-2, and other than that only friendlies, most of which I stop caring after you give me your **** about how good you are. If you money match me with luigi or link or marth and win, then you can act like I can't even beat your secondaries. Not now. Your luigi is bad. I almost beat you after telling myself I would only use tornado and dsmash. tl;dr: money match me so you can either stfu or actually have a reason to give me ****. I don't think you get how much this game means to me, and I definitely don't need all of your bull about how bad I am since it is one of the only things i care about/put effort into.

You two seem to have this hidden agenda of embarrassing each other ...lol. You should just stop. I mean Thugz I played you briefly when you visited my lovely state and you have potential. You aren't even bad lol. I definitely believe you need to stick to like 2 characters though. I don't know who you are playing now but don't spread yourself too thin.

Also Rob is trolling you mad hard. Don't take it seriously lol. And even if he wasn't you STILL shouldn't take it seriously.

Stop caring what about other peoples' words so much and just do you baby.

But seriously stick to just a few characters. It helped my game dramatically and they used to call me "Tech of one thousand characters" :awesome:

If you ever wanna talk or such I got you interracial best friend ;)

Dnyce

Smash Master
Fino-Good **** winning, I hate watching Olimar matches, but you're improving mad good, probably all your research work. I don't think we played any matches, which sucks, but you weren't around for too long. Nice chatting with you outside, I always appreciate you taking an interest in my improvement and I think I may take you up on your coaching next time.
Actually, a majority of my progress in the lab has been with Sheik ( http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301721 ), but I think understanding fundamental concepts has helped me in unique ways, lol.

Here's the thing; I've spent a long time trying to help people... 90% of the time they're ignorant or they try to throw **** back in my face. EVERYONE at SOME POINT upon wanting to play the game competitively will utter the phrase "I want to get better" (or something along those lines). After the previously mentioned experience of trying to help others, I've come to realize when people say this they are either (1) lying (2) wanting to get better but don't have the desire or motivation to actually do so (3) wanting to get better but are incapable [due to not understanding how competition works] (4) wanting to get better but lack the ability to accept advice [or plain refuse] (5) wanting to get better but lack the ability to understand advice [usually to the point of over-doing the advice I give them, complain I'm completely wrong and continue to discount everything else I say] or (6) actually wanting to get better. That being said, my general rule of thumb is to shrug off everyone who claims they want to get better. The reason I took an interest in your improvement isn't because you said you wanted to get better, but because I noticed you making an effort to improve... and actually improving.

I really do like helping people if I'm able, but I more or less decided that I'm only willing to help people when I see they are willing to help themselves. Realistically, it's a complete waste of my time taking an interest in anyone near those first 5 groups. Winning or placing high is awesome short-term, but I feel the best way for me to improve (living in the Midwest) is to do my best to help / teach people my ideas on the game and hope they know (or figure out) something I don't, improve upon it, and become capable of beating me. In terms of following that game-plan... idk.... it's just efficient for me to take an interest in people like you. I feel obligated to try and bring you to a level to beat me so that I can improve. When it gets to that point (as with MJ and I) the ability of both grow a lot faster and it becomes a constant competition to see who can improve quicker than the other.

//rant :shyguy:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
^ I have that same kind of relationship with a PRed player in my state. We're friends, and rivals. He's clearly better than I am but he knows that I am hungry to get better and has been helping me here and there. And it's been working out pretty well. I noticed that not just in Smash but in school and other aspects that its easier for me to improve when I have a "rival/mentor". It helps so much <3

resTy

Smash Champion
To folks going to Aura's this weekend, I won't be there but I will be at my house later that night to house you. By later, I mean around midnight-(1-2)AM. If you guys don't need housing, then this post is stupid.

P.S. I'm bringing Mario Party to Joker's next time. We're tournamenting that shit!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Oh, and Thugz, my B. When I'm tired and not sober, I go into autopilot. Usually I'm more proactive when I play. Sorry about the timeout.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Rofl, that was kind of hilarious in hindsight, whatevs. I think what you're trying to say is we owe each other a legit set, when we're both awake and sober. MM?

Twintail

Smash Cadet
Hey all, I don't know who all I ended up talking to because I'm absolutely terrible with names (I will remember you guys eventually), but thanks to Joker for letting me stay. I'm Leroy by the way (and it's Leroy Brown not Jenkins, look up the song if you don't know it ;)). I hadn't played in a long while so I was pretty rusty (I also have had multi-main-itis since forever), but I want to get serious this summer and I'm sticking with Luigi. I look forward to the next Joker's monthly!

Also, a question for anyone who can answer it. I didn't post here before because the last 5-10 pages of the thread aren't viewable for me, so if anyone knows how to fix that I can read how to correct that once my browser allows me to view a reply.

gantrain05

Smash Master
omg internet again!! ok ima do shoutouts even if im like 3 days late.

Future - ah and **** you future, i didn't even know you played martha, i want a rematch mofo. ok no, ur cool. plus u once said that i looked like a spider in the corner of your basement and i just took it as a misconstrued compliment.

FAE - either u got better, or i should probably just actually play this game, but man.....u had me so confused in our matches. good **** man.

Connor - i'm so sorry man, i warned you, i really did. But you did do the honorable thing and the same thing i'd have done so mad respect. but i really don't understand all this pony business.

Becca - new upcoming doubles team we got, work out a few kinks and we be rollin' in the moneyz. (but really, you won like all the games with those 2v1's cuz lets face it.....im ganon)

gamegenie - dude, stick to one char! if u wanna learn the peach MU don't play 3 different chars against me, stick with falco, he's so ****ing gay to peach.

Blank - U mad?

thugz - we'll get our multiple MM's in at brainshock, no rush bro.

Tyser - u gotta let me know when u actually do that One Piece ****, sounds wack.

Joker - u still lookin good even tho u claim to be suckin in singles since u don't play all that much anymore, we'll get some real practice in soon.

Jake - good **** on 5th man, u must not be all THAT rusty. and i heard all that Utah Jazz crap u were talkin, u watch ur mouth when im around.

BC - u are the king of those god damn bananas, u had thugz so mad dude, i thought he was gonna punch u right in the mouth lol.

Metal - we didn't get our friendlies in =/ but your awkward social attitude is always fun.

Tmacc - im sorry man, i didn't mean to stomp u like....50 times, its just like ur there, and im above you, and there is some great cosmic power that just makes me do it.

Fino - i didn't talk to you, but you rage win so hard. it was great.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Mitch, Tyser had multiple troll accounts that he posted with on boards, and after some were deleted, the posts went too, but the total stayed the same (as I understand it?)

Twintail

Smash Cadet
Whelp, I guess that explains it then >_>. I kept just like typing the page # into the address bar and stuff. Figures it would be something simple like that.

Also Sean, get that dang Pikachu out of there, he's a secondary for you at best >:D! Not sure how your Doc is...

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
To folks going to Aura's this weekend, I won't be there but I will be at my house later that night to house you. By later, I mean around midnight-(1-2)AM. If you guys don't need housing, then this post is stupid.

P.S. I'm bringing Mario Party to Joker's next time. We're tournamenting that shit!
I can't find any run of speedwagons faster then 9:15, and apparently we got that pretty consistently that night.

All the medley runs suck ***, the fastest i've seen is 50, while we were hitting 48-49 easy.

Your little cousin cheats.

resTy

Smash Champion
She got 9.13s on Mario Speedwagons. I witnessed it in person and so did Matt and Bo.

Mario Medleys was just to get you guys to try hard. Highest I've ever seen a human do is 47.99s.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
She got 9.13s on Mario Speedwagons. I witnessed it in person and so did Matt and Bo.

Mario Medleys was just to get you guys to try hard. Highest I've ever seen a human do is 47.99s.
Lol you troll, you said she got 45s. Freaking...

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Because my shoutouts are always late >.<

MMM: Like always nice seeing you again we didn't got to play much this time around actually I don't think we ever really do so next time we're playing for like an hour non stop ^.^

FAE: Thanks for showing everyone how beast your Lucas is now everyone believes my tales >.0

TMACC: Glad you could come next time we need to get some friendlies.

Jowii: We talked but I didn't got to play you actually I wanted to play your team also in some friendlies.

Future: Sorry I failed you but Finocruise totally messed me up I mean what Olimar player goes there XP

Fino: GG man 15 games which tends to happen everytime we play sucks that you guys have to leave early though.

Lux: I think we only got like one friendly sorry about that being the TO plus being on the tourney takes away any free time I get so next tourney I'm not a TO we should play.

Brandon: You starting to get singles lol but yeah I saw your match with Ngamer and on your last stock you almost SD 0.0 but manage to survive and win I wasn't able to see many of your matches so I can't say much of your game play but not bad if you got 9/22 keep it up.

Razor: I got to see you and Metal best day of my life <3
Good **** getting 5th man and thats with you not really playing so if you where you will totally be in the money. I still wanted to team with you but tourney got dragged on after you left so I was sad I wanted to bring back Why So Serious? T.T

Sekou: You know even though we don't practice teams together we still know what both of us needs to do to get the job done there where times when I should have call out for help but all I could say was "ah" it's probably the one thing I need to practice in teams <(^.^<)

JLO: Hopefully we get to play more together once you move closer cause I'm only playing Peach till you take her back but remember that even though she's with you she's thinking of me >.0

Dustin: Thanks for the poptart I actually needed that specially when I barely got any sleep wish you could have sticked around though but that's work.

Afrayail/Ptato: Glad you guys could stick around longer specially since we don't really get to hang out much next time we need to play more games.

CBK: You know I would totally date you if you were a chick cause you know I just love this rad bromance <3

-BC-: I still haven't play you since you started playing again but maybe next time although seeing you bring back Team Proficient brought back memories ^.^

Colin: Sorry I didn't team with you I was going to cause I thought they will have started doubles without me and Sekou wouldn't have been there but they waited and yeah I apologize.

Yink: Well we at least got a couple of doubles in there maybe next time we can get some more.

Blank: It's MARVEL BABY!!!

Ngamer3K: Our talk about Evangelion is too legit I like that anime but man does it confuse the fack out me luckily I have you to explain it to me which by the way did you took the anime with you cause I forgot to ask it from you T.T

Captain Love: Dude I think we scared everyone lol now we need to do it at a bigger tournament and maybe get kicked out XD

Skizm: You need to show up more often also I really wanted to drink but maybe next time.

Uli: I see you sign in on PSN playing Marvel I should play you next time also glad I could finally go out and eat you you guys <3

Trent: Next time we should go to a Sonics and get ourselves some chillidogs.

Thugz: Next time we should play at Aura's some more.

Tyser: GG man also watch the first season of Clannad damn it >.<

GG22: Sorry we didn't got around playing pokemon Marvel has been taking a lot of my time that and the BEST RPG EVER FINAL FANTASY XIII

LeRoy: GG man hope you had fun and hopefully we see you around some more.

Anyone else I may have missed GG.

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm gonna go pick up Mario Party 4 from my cousin's house tomorrow. I'm gonna nerd story mode to unlock everything first then I'm gonna begin nerding those games. I'm gonna be the best there ever was, except in Domination because shit's whack.

Might try to be godly at Mario Party 5 too so I can say I'm the best because nobody plays that version :') The true spirit of Nebraska. We only play games nobody plays or try to be good at random stupid games so we're the best by default xD

Except David. He's kind of godlike.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Yeah, sorry. That's my bad, Joker. >.<

Good **** in Marvel dude! I'm so proud of you. 2nd, 1st, and 1st! MVP!

@Brandon- Thanks, that means a lot.

@MMM - Didn't know you could play Smash so well!

@Colin- Have you worked on your rolling?

@Uli - The Uli SPECIAL!!!! Soooo GDLK. Keep playing and you could be amazing.

@Tyser - Why you have to be so good? Hope to visit you in Omaha some time. Also, the NERDGamer is gdlk at MP5 not lying. Get at my level.

@Greg - "Im gonna win this box tournament." Hopefully I'll be back soon.

@Razor - Too gdlk. So good to see you.

@BC - You remember me now?

@Chloe - Thanks for coming with me!

@Blank - <333

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: Well everyone knows if my teammate needs me "Just call my name, and I'll be there" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFC_NRp1MjU), trust me "I'll be there to protect you". Doesn't matter what's going on the screen, "ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough", ain't no Metaknight strong enough, "to keep me from getting to you" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz-UvQYAmbg). "If you need a helping hand, I'll be there in a hurry just as fast as I can."

@Everyone: ^ What ya'll know about that old school music?

My team strategy song best in a love song hahaha:

Listen, baby, ain't no mountain high
Ain't no valley low, ain't no river wide enough, baby
If you need me, call me, no matter where you are
No matter how far, don't worry, baby
Just call my name, I'll be there in a hurry
You don't have to worry

'Cause baby, there ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough, ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you, baby

Remember the day I set you free
I told you, you could always count on me, girl
And from that day on I made a vow
I'll be there when you want me some way, some how

'Cause baby, there ain't no mountain high enough

Oh no darling, no wind, no rain
No winters cold can stop me baby
No, no baby, 'cause you are my love
If you ever in trouble, I'll be there on the double
Just send for me,
oh baby

My love is alive way down in my heart
Although we are miles apart
If you ever need a helping hand
I'll be there on the double just as fast as I can

Don't you know that there ain't no mountain high enough

Don't you know that there ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

Tyser: "All you ****ing do is grab into move. This game is ********."

Uli: OMG overhead, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thugz: GGs. "Best in Nebraska" is my favorite phrase lol. Also I changed my mind, you're cuter then Soran. Serious tips:
Be patient, throw less moves, specially Dsmash, keep up your general approach mix-up but safer (Run-up shieldgrab/up-b/dair, empty short hop grab/dairx10/nair) Don't go for every punish, you are better off baiting yourself. Out place Trent and Tyser in tourney one day. Then we can play Rocky's theme.

Razor: We didn't get to talk much, don't make this your last.

Jlo: Your hair may be longer, but you're no Liu Kang.

Rob: I guess we'll play a real match next time I see you, if I'm not hating the game too much.

GameGenie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yJgwwDcgV8

Trent: I'm not mad, I'm slightly annoyed, maybe even a bit frustrated, perhaps slightly agitated. No reason to be berated, stubborn or even hated. Also I can't wait to play as Sonic's son.

Joker: It ain't Marvel if theres no drama. Good thing I brought the drama to grand finals.
I 3-0'd your *** son, this **** isn't over.

Becca and Connor: See you at AI??

BC: Good luck being an SC god, just remember to play Osu! to grind your micro skills.

Ngamer: <333

Everyone else: I probably didn't talk to you enough because I'm an unsocial salty ******, its okay just keep coming to the monthly.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Didn't you see the vid dude? That guy was obviously using his stomach abs for domination.

Six-pack=160.

Thats why I can't play Domination, gotta keep my proportions y'know. When you play that game its all about the commitment, proper diet, and quality of tools you use.

Domination is so serious.

Top Bottom