• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
MegaRobMan - So now that you 3stocked me, can we MM at E52 or BSB? :) I probably should have taken your offer to hotbox it. It would have relaxed me for the tourney, given how poorly I was playing lol Next time as long as I'm not TOing I'll probably come out and play
Congrats to the "I 3stocked DeLux" Club's additional members of: Leroy, Chloe, and MegaRobMan.
I'll let you know day of tournament if I'll do it. And it isn't like I'll be getting IC practice and I'm scamming you. That's better than no, right? And yeah, wow, 3 new members, but how many of them R-3stocked the IC's? That was probably the most hype friendly there, at least that I was involved in, lol.

@Rob: Dude I hadn't played Brawl seriously (as in with people in the area) in like 3 months, I felt terribly rusty. Still, no johns.
You were still doing work, you don't need to apologize.

@rob -- fun times chillin this weekend. i know i'm better in doubles (thanks sekou/joker :) ), but i'm finna learn the hell out of singles this summer. your wolf has come a long way since i started, keep up the good work. and holy **** i'm going to buy this asap
OMG THERE'S A 2ND ONE, hype!

(3) wanting to get better but are incapable.
Winning or placing high is awesome short-term, but I feel the best way for me to improve (living in the Midwest) is to do my best to help / teach people my ideas on the game and hope they know (or figure out) something I don't, improve upon it, and become capable of beating me. The ability of both grow a lot faster and it becomes a constant competition to see who can improve quicker than the other.
#3 was applicable due to lack of interest in my area until recently. Also I like this condensed version of what you said.

Anyone else I may have missed GG.
GG's! But I think you copied my response and deleted what I wrote, took yourself out and didn't add me back in
or you want to make me cry for 2 hours straight, thanks

Rob: I guess we'll play a real match next time I see you, if I'm not hating the game too much.
Come to Auras this weekend! Dan might come so you guys can talk about LoL and dresses.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@Thugz- MM indeed. 5$ 2/3. BUT winner smokes the loser out. It's a win-win for both of us.

@Joker- >_> I don't like the thought of playing you in teams ever. Juss saiyan. But maybe next time we can get some singles in and chat a bit~

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Once you are God-Like Tyser let us know and you can join Mexi, Shawn, Jake, Devon and myself.

If anyone really wants to mm Mexi and I in mario party 4 teams we will do so for any amount. Stage is determined by ssbm teams 2/3, same teams, and winner picks stage. 35 turn minimum.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Grand Final's Set is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90NKa1Qm-WE

No goofy description as of yet. I only have Grand Finals recorded...we wanted to get loser's finals and winner's finals recorded, but tv was acting up.

Match 3 and 4 both are on smashville and included pure ****...Those are probably the most entertaining of the 5 matches....

@Joker,Bpx,&CBK: If ya'll are interested the Grand Finals videos from QRS' tournament are posted. Well the first 2 sets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ci1zosYE4

@Everyone: Hhehehehe, this thread has been liked 32 times on facebook, interesting.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@MMM: The lawlz are not just for you, for everyone, except FAE. He played pretty solid throughout. The rest of us looked like fools in at least one part of the vid. :)

THuGz

Smash Lord
I'd just like to point out that FAE is a nice guy. He didn't even know me and he gave me 5 bucks when I needed it for entries for singles. <3

Jowii - That sounds like the plan of gods. Agreed, 10/10 :metaknight:'s

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I don't think I'll be going this weekend. I need to start saving money for other things, so could someone else please drive.

resTy

Smash Champion
does this actually happen in iowa? iowa's only two hours away from me (the border)
I didn't even see Dart's post lol. I don't really know what you're asking though. They don't do Melee tournaments at this event anymore but there should be a setup here almost every time. And the Mario Party thing will happen assuming there is an open TV or something.

P.S. Nebraska is the best Mario Party state in the Midwest :') I'm the best player.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nebraska has the Mario Party and Mega Man niche pretty well dominated. Also there was a melee set up at the last Jokers and I'm surprised we didn't try and do a tournament, Tmacc wanted to do one as well.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Everyone: Commentary is up on the video...because I know ya'll just LOVE listening to me talk to myself :-D

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah, sorry. That's my bad, Joker. >.<
I think I'm the one at fault since I was the one that ask to borrow it but it's all good mang I'll borrow it next time I see you >.0

GG's! But I think you copied my response and deleted what I wrote
Nope I just didn't care 0.0
J/K you know I love you ^.^

MegaRobMan: Like always nice hanging out with you plus our matches where pretty close I think Green Greens loves me again after not seeing each other for a while XP

@Joker- >_> I don't like the thought of playing you in teams ever. Juss saiyan. But maybe next time we can get some singles in and chat a bit~
lol sounds good mang ^.^

I don't think I'll be going this weekend. I need to start saving money for other things, so could someone else please drive.
Well I think Colin was thinking of driving anyways we were trying to figure out who's all wanting to go so that we only had to take 1 car so yeah. Also Greg do you know where I can download the episodes of The Marvelous Adventures Of Gootecks & Mike Ross o.0

PortCity

Smash Ace
To me playing Brawl is...

Child's play.

Edit: I should have never found this site :-\...I'm gonna be wasting time making "too long, didn't watch" versions of the matches I put on youtube :-D

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
i saw sekou at walmart. it was dope.
If this was a Facebook status, I would like it a million times if I could.

Oh another note, My shoutouts are to everyone, I love you guys and hope you come back for more Joker's Monthlies. Love seeing you guys.

I'm drunk.
:laugh:

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
Once you are God-Like Tyser let us know and you can join Mexi, Shawn, Jake, Devon and myself.

If anyone really wants to mm Mexi and I in mario party 4 teams we will do so for any amount. Stage is determined by ssbm teams 2/3, same teams, and winner picks stage. 35 turn minimum.
I would love to do this..^_^v

Nebraska is the best Mario Party state in the Midwest :') I'm the best player.
HAHA nice...i think just as good as NE cuz im always right behind tyser..^_^

ALSO tyser we should join to do this MM against them...O_O

resTy

Smash Champion
I would but JBM and Mexi are fuckin nerds and I don't associate with nerds of their caliber.

Not to mention, I detest teams in anything except sports, where I still hate them but will endure.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Not to mention, I detest teams in anything except sports, where I still hate them but will endure.
@Tyser: Can you go into a long tirade as to why you hate teams so much? :) Or if you already have a long post somewhere on the internet, simply repost it here.

@Joker: ^ You can chime in also, cause I know you hate teams also :-D

We will let the doubles haters aka "the dark side" speak up first...then those who love doubles will come with a counter argument. I kinda won't be shocked if I'm the only person that loves doubles more than singles though :-D

resTy

Smash Champion
I like singles because it's revolved purely on individual skill. I don't like worrying about another person on my team getting ***** too. I also hate when I'm in the middle of **** and they get saved because another person came in and stopped my reign of terror. Basically, I just hate it when there are three or more cartoon characters on the screen because it feels random to me.

My hatred for teams began in 2007 or 2008 when I was playing Melee teams. I forgot if it was Ian or Fall or someone, but somebody who was a trash player wrecked house and ended up winning teams and then played singles and got completely bodied placing last or something. I was just like "Wow, even scrubs can win in teams..." It was something like that. There are also many cases of me getting 2v1'd that just increased my hate level for teams even further.

I've been told I'm pretty good in teams in Melee; dunno bout Brawl. Despite being decent at doubles, I still detest it and would rather not play the game at all. Only time I'll resort to playing teams is if someone REALLY wants to play doubles with me or if I don't care and just wanna practice; where I usually just practice individual skill anyways. When I'm in "I don't care" mode, I never help my partner and will often times kill them to make them not want to team anymore lol.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tyser would rather play brawl singles than melee teams. And since almost all Nebraska plays is Melee dubbs, that's how I've gotten better, due to Tyser's boredom!

resTy

Smash Champion
Tyser would rather play brawl singles than melee teams. And since almost all Nebraska plays is Melee dubbs, that's how I've gotten better, due to Tyser's boredom!
Melee Singles > Brawl Singles > Melee Teams > Brawl Teams. That's how I work although sometimes you can just exclude Melee Teams and Brawl Teams completely.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Sigh I suppose I forgot to mention this earlier. Or maybe I didn't. Either way here it is.

So I DID get that job I had mentioned that I originally thought I did not get. A position opened up and I took it. So I will be traveling all over Iowa starting Monday mornings till Thursday Afternoons. This is obviously going to cut into my smash time. And as I'm sure most of you are aware I do have a girlfriend so I will be spending time with her during my weekends off too.

I'm still hoping I could make games once a week, but this might change depending on how my schedule goes. Idk what everyone else's summer plans are. (PC, Bpx?) But I'm gonna venture to say Saturday nights will probably work best, or Sunday afternoons.

And unfortunately, I start pretty much right after finals, so I don't have any downtime to nerd between school being over and starting work. So yeah, just thought I'd let people know.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
dude you should have broke it at jokers. become JBM. FEEL YOUR ANIMALITY
I didn't really break it, but thought I'd say it because Marvel always needs more drama.

I bought a PS3, Greg if you still wanna sell your copy of Marvel I'll get at that.

This PSN Business sucks, I won't even get to buy AH3.

Soran

Smash Ace
It was when I decided that I would buy a 360 for games that aren't exclusive to PS3 that Sony decided, "We have to shut down PSN and make it better so Soran will stay our customer!"

Playstation kind of sucks anyway unless it's an exclusive and even then, it's hard to find good ones. FF Versus XIII and (hopefully) EXVS are the only good ones I can think of and they aren't even out yet; speaking of newer games. and the Team Ico games.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I bought a PS3 for LittleBigPlanet, which was the only next-gen game besides Bayonetta that I found worth playing. Though I'm sure if I was into shooters and paid money for them Uncharted and maybe Vanquish would be up there too, and soon the new Twisted Metal and Tales of Graces.

Fighting games don't count since they aren't really worth playing, they're just **** everyone plays together.

Soran

Smash Ace
I bought a PS3 because I wanted Gundam Extreme Vs. so badly. The port hasn't even been announced yet! Also, I thought BlazBlue would be awesome. But I was wrong because PSN is trash-bash.

BBCS2 is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!

why can't you buy ah3, Blank? Is it a downloadable game or som'n? I want it for Saki. But quit fighting games basically besides the ones I am playing. (Mahvel, baby and BBCS/2[when it's out])

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
AH3 is a PSN game, I was gunna ask Justin if I could use his account to get it also...

BlazBlue is such a bad game. Greg if I can pick up Marvel still just tell me, otherwise I'ma go to the store and buy my own copy.

Top Bottom