• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interview #1: Fatal...Done!

-Ran

Smash Master
Ran Iji : Alright. Interview time.
Ran Iji : So let's start off simple with your name, and the region you're from.
So Fatal : my full name or Tag?
So Fatal : Lol
Ran Iji : Well, your name.
Ran Iji : Everyone knows you're Fatal.
Ran Iji : Your name is in the interview.
Ran Iji : Lol.
So Fatal : lmao
So Fatal : >.<
So Fatal : My name is Matthew Townsend, I'm from New England... Boston Massachusetts to be exact
Ran Iji : How long have you been active in your local scene?
So Fatal : For brawl I have been active in the scene for over 2 years
So Fatal : well basically ever since the game came out
So Fatal : xD
Ran Iji : Did you play Melee/64 competitively, or did you pick up Brawl on its own?
So Fatal : I played Melee competitivley with my friends alot but I didn't start attending tournaments till the last year in it's life
Ran Iji : Good ol' 1vs1 no items or Hyrule free for alls?
So Fatal : Both
So Fatal : Alot of aboth
So Fatal : haha
So Fatal : wait
Ran Iji : Haha. I thank Hyrule for my teching skill.
Ran Iji : So from what I gather, you're the best in New England. How long did it take you to get that point?
So Fatal : It took me a while to get here, for the first year and a little change after I never placed nor was I that good, I use to main Marth/ROB and always got destroyed by snake. After lossing so manny times to snake I started to main him for a good 5 months then I started to place and own
Ran Iji : Speaking of the transition to Snake, what drew you to him aside from being on the recieving end of his tilts for too long?
So Fatal : To be honest only lossing to him and no other characters was pissing me off. So I wanted to see why so manny people used him and thats what made me main him
Ran Iji : I guess our community is lucky that you weren't getting beat up by MKs then. =p
So Fatal : Basically hahah
Ran Iji : So it seems that now you're branching out more and going to MLG, how was the experience there at Columbus?
So Fatal : MLG is always a great experience and I feel as every smasher should at least make it out to one in their careers. Columbus was a huge learning experience for me, I placed terible but lost to great players. Not sleeping alot and driving 14 hours the day of the tournament probly had some effect on my playing. But I had a good time, Bizkit smashed my fingers inside the car door on the way home that sucked haha
Ran Iji : Yea, I agree. I'm planning on going to MLG Dallas to get the experience.
So Fatal : If it is your first MLG you will have an AMAZING time
So Fatal : guranteed
Ran Iji : Yea, it's going to be my first. Lee keeps hyping it up for us.
Ran Iji : So time to help the guys in New England beat you at the next tournament. What stage do you hate the most in Brawl?
So Fatal : The stage I can absoultly not stand is Brinstar, No one can ever take me there cause I ban it all the time :]
Ran Iji : Haha. Alright, well let's help them out again. Since you picked up Snake, what's the match up you loath?
So Fatal : Easily King DDD
Ran Iji : I hate that fat !@# as well. It's so incredibly annoying to deal with the positional advantage he has throughout the entire match.
So Fatal : Yeah I also dislike Toon Link and Falco
Ran Iji : What's your most memorable moment in smashing?
So Fatal : Thats hard to answer, but probaly the day where I won my first legit tournament and taking down New Englands best smashers
So Fatal : no and* hjahha
So Fatal : that felt great espically how hard i worked for it
Ran Iji : Any tips or words of advice that you'd want to pass on to other Snake players?
So Fatal : If you havent played Wifi, Play it, It's a great way to practice and seriously helped me get as good as I am today. I quit for a while but I'm about to start playing it alot so I can win the next MLG :]
Ran Iji : You don't feel that the lag throws you off?
So Fatal : Sure the lag throws you off but after 1-3 warmup games at the tournament your timinng will be fine
Ran Iji : So, what do you do outside of Smash?
So Fatal : Outside of smash, I go to college full time, work part time and chill with my friends!
So Fatal : i also skateboard
Ran Iji : What's your major?
So Fatal : Computer Science and Networking
So Fatal : Im a senior now
Ran Iji : Word of advice, never move to Louisiana for IT work. Our market sucks *** for it. >>
So Fatal : Trust me I wont
So Fatal : If i move it will be to the West Coast
Ran Iji : Anything else that you would like to add or say? The floor is your's.
So Fatal : just wanna say thanks for all the support from my fellow smashers, Giddy,Juice, my GF Starlight for being the best! Bizkit smashes hands in doors. Snake Da Bess xD
So Fatal : i guess thats good
So Fatal : lmao i couldnt think
Ran Iji : Lol.
Ran Iji : You're a Snake main.
Ran Iji : You don't think, you tilt.
So Fatal : true

napZzz

Smash Hero
me.

No really, one of the top 5 snakes as according to that one thread somewhere...cant remember what its called

All I remember is that it had ally, razer, candy, and fatal. cant remember the 5th

-Ran

Smash Master
Also, remember that Ally has been interviewed multiple times so I don't think we need to hear from him again.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
lol wth fatal??? eh....it would be good to ask him stuffs...also im comin back to NE for a couple of weeks...hopefully i can make it to GROAT.

Top Bottom