• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
This is a question for anyone willing to answer. What were all of your friend(s) reaction(s) when they heard you use Jigglypuff?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
This is a question for anyone willing to answer. What were all of your friend(s) reaction(s) when they heard you use Jigglypuff?
in smash64 (tourny) they lol'd at me.... but joke was on them, I ***** everyone and came in first.:)

in melee I never went to tournies, but I fought my boyfriend and he's like "Jigglypuff sucks" I kill him with rollout, he's like "JIGGLYPUFF SHOULD BE BANNED!" lolfail:lick:

in brawl :confused:

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I've been maining Jiggs since Brawl came out. They didn't seem to mind because they knew I was decent in Melee (at the time.. now I suck -_-) and the skill would carry over to Brawl no matter what character I chose.

Metatitan

Smash Master
My friend refuses to play whenever I use jigglypuff :)

But I don't play brawl with noncompetitive people anymore, its just not fun ****** people who don't know how to play

PND

Smash Champion
do you guys think the world will end in 2012?
Not in the slightest.

2012 apocalypse theories are all bull****:
http://www.cracked.com/article_17445_6-best-2012-apocalypse-theories-are-all-bull****.html

^^Change the asterisks to the cuss word that makes the most sense. Also, that site is hilarious. Browse around some of the lists they have if you feel like laughing.

It was pretty much a "Yeah right." followed by laughter. Then I would own them.

But I've never played ONLY one character. In 64 I played Pikachu, Jiggs, Link, and Ness. In Melee, I played the Femmes Fatale: Jiggs, Sheik, Martha, Nana (w/ Popo). . . and a bit of Falco and Boozer.

In Brawl, I play pretty much everybody, but my mains are Snake and Jiggs, my secondaries are MK, DK, Wario, DeDeDe, Falco, Diddy, and Captain Falcon. I'm pretty much a tier *****, but I play everybody in the roster. It turns out, for the most part, I'm better with the better characters.

But my crew for friendlies mostly just mains random anyway.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'm a bit late, but get over it.

I'm a "devout" atheist. I'm a shy introvert by nature, so the idea of being intimate with a woman really frightens me. I'm all for Ninja Obama being in office.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Yes, and towards society and almost all groups and even evolution, thats not normal.
Dude, that's not cool.

I know a lot of people who are afraid of letting people get too close/intimacy. I'm not, personally, but I do have trust issues with people.

It may be a bad thing evolutionary-wise, but at least he acknowledges the issue.

PND

Smash Champion
Honestly Meta, stop with the pessimism. I don't care if you think Jiggs is worthless, or whatever opinion you have, but parading it around like you have been, and calling her worthless in every topic you go to. This will only hurt the community and potentially scare away new users from using her. I don't mind you saying thoughts on match ups, moves, or strategies like "This matchup is hopeless because. . . " because that will influence discussion. What you're doing is just ridiculous, though, and to me it seems like you guys are blaming your shortcomings as players onto the character. Hell, I went through a similar phase myself before I stopped, analyzed the tools she has and actively worked on making myself play better and smarter. Seriously though, I don't mind stating of opinions, but this is far too extreme. You've just become a troll, and not a good troll like Alex.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Meta didn't start that group, nor did he have any influence in me making it. He's not the only "pessimist" here. Quit using the word "pessimist" so lightly. Just because a few of us can see past the rainbows and lollipops that you all seem to associate with Jigglypuff's stagnant metagame and tournament placings doesn't give you or anyone else the right to ostracize us for believing so.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm not saying what you believe is wrong, though I disagree heavily. I'm saying that openly stating it like you are everywhere, and telling everyone to get a reality check IS trolling and only hurts her further by scaring away potential new users.

If you feel she is hopeless, bring in up in matchup or moveset discussions. Guess what? Then your opinion can positive influence discussion. Just saying "she's hopeless" contributes nothing,.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Why have I become the scapegoat again? Anyways Mike you need a taste of reality. Jigglypuff has never placed well in a recent tournament that had really good people at it, and if she did the user had another character heavily backing her up. She has been shown to have multiple impossible matchups (mk, marth, snake, gw, falco etc.), and there are many people who are delusional who think that just because mk can't gimp her, she goes even with him. The truth is she doesn't have any proper tools to fight mk like wario does. We are looking at a character that lacks a powerful consistent finisher, a character without range with mediocre priority compared to higher tiers of the cast, and despite all her shortcomings with KOing and wracking up damage, she is the lightest character. I love jigglypuff and always will but we need to realize just how bad she is.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
If you feel she is hopeless, bring in up in matchup or moveset discussions. Guess what? Then your opinion can positive influence discussion. Just saying "she's hopeless" contributes nothing,.
I'd love to bring up her hopelessness in discussion, but I feel as if my opinion would be invalidated due to me having this stigma as being a "Jigglypuff heretic". If I were to offer my opinion in that sort of topic, regardless of how callously I go about doing so, would my opinion be respected?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I'm not saying what you believe is wrong, though I disagree heavily. I'm saying that openly stating it like you are everywhere, and telling everyone to get a reality check IS trolling and only hurts her further by scaring away potential new users.

maybe it's a good thing to scare away other users. That way they won't waste their time with a character that will never be competively viable. :(:urg:

Metatitan

Smash Master
If you do that then you may as well just main mk. Jiggs is good to handle like.... falcon and ganon? And mk handles them all better anyways.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
*not directed at anyone in particular*
I don't really post here, but if you don't like Brawl Jiggs, then wouldn't this be the wrong place to post? There are top tier character boards, and Brawl+ and Melee boards. Low tier characters are harder to win with, but a lot of people like them. If you don't like them, or like them enough to play against better characters with, then why post here and distract people trying to improve the character?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Honestly Meta, stop with the pessimism. I don't care if you think Jiggs is worthless, or whatever opinion you have, but parading it around like you have been, and calling her worthless in every topic you go to. This will only hurt the community and potentially scare away new users from using her. I don't mind you saying thoughts on match ups, moves, or strategies like "This matchup is hopeless because. . . " because that will influence discussion. What you're doing is just ridiculous, though, and to me it seems like you guys are blaming your shortcomings as players onto the character. Hell, I went through a similar phase myself before I stopped, analyzed the tools she has and actively worked on making myself play better and smarter. Seriously though, I don't mind stating of opinions, but this is far too extreme. You've just become a troll, and not a good troll like Alex.
this is true. :)

Why have I become the scapegoat again? Anyways Mike you need a taste of reality. Jigglypuff has never placed well in a recent tournament that had really good people at it, and if she did the user had another character heavily backing her up. She has been shown to have multiple impossible matchups (mk, marth, snake, gw, falco etc.), and there are many people who are delusional who think that just because mk can't gimp her, she goes even with him. The truth is she doesn't have any proper tools to fight mk like wario does. We are looking at a character that lacks a powerful consistent finisher, a character without range with mediocre priority compared to higher tiers of the cast, and despite all her shortcomings with KOing and wracking up damage, she is the lightest character. I love jigglypuff and always will but we need to realize just how bad she is.
marth mk falco and gw are manageable

Frolossus

Smash Lord
maybe it's a good thing to scare away other users. That way they won't waste their time with a character that will never be competively viable. :(:urg:
x.x your wrong

If you do that then you may as well just main mk. Jiggs is good to handle like.... falcon and ganon? And mk handles them all better anyways.
who likes to watch mk in brawl anymore?
its more fun to watch jiggs pwn people.

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1263

For when you all learn to accept the truth
is it necessary to post crap like that here. :/

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I don't really post here, but if you don't like Brawl Jiggs, then wouldn't this be the wrong place to post? There are top tier character boards, and Brawl+ and Melee boards. Low tier characters are harder to win with, but a lot of people like them. If you don't like them, or like them enough to play against better characters with, then why post here and distract people trying to improve the character?
We're not trying to distract anyone. All of the "Jigglypuff Heretics" still use Her Majesty (sans Dina). I'm personally just sick and tired of these idealists who still think she has some untapped potential; some game breaking quality that we have yet to discover. For the sake of this community (though I could care less either way), these people need to realize just how little we have to work with and quit trying to find something that doesn't exist.

Edit: Fro, double post more one-liners, please.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
lawl if we stop posting here then the Jiggz boards will be dead. I will still use her, I will still try to help improve her or offer any help here on the boards but I have a right to believe she is a poor character. And im not going to hide my belief from anyone either.:ohwell:

Edit: Fro, saying Falco, Marth and G&W are managable shows your extreme lack of knowledge of Jigglypuff's match ups.

Top Bottom