• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
oh yea does anyone want to exchange replays and discuss strategies on different matches. Id like to help other puffs get better and maybe get better myself at the same time with new ideas and such. If you want to exchange replays let me know

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
oh yea does anyone want to exchange replays and discuss strategies on different matches. Id like to help other puffs get better and maybe get better myself at the same time with new ideas and such. If you want to exchange replays let me know
I have to agree with you. We do need replays. My replays however are full of CPUs. Is that ok? I have a good replay with me vs a lvl9 G&W video with me handicapped.(110% damage)

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
ill probably do multiple people. vmage send me your fc and wii number and we have to meet online at the same time to be able to send messages.
if anyone else wants to join, let me know. We will need all the tricks we can get if we ever want to win events or place higher in tpurnaments. And yes, cpu matches are good as long as you play them like human opponents and don't roll and camp around the stage using pounds and rollouts, and don't ledge camp either :/

EDIT: none of that handicap crap though, just traditional lvl nine matches so i can see your style and strategies

Framerate

Smash Lord
Thanks for the support guys! I didn't do too hot this weekend. Ninjalink went falco against me, took him to last stock 88% (crazy nair gimp >.<) then he switched to rob when I picked frigate and 2 stocked me. Mav was all falco, should have had him first match (first kill for first 2 stocks, fell apart last stock). Took him to frigate and just didn't play well at all.

Thinkaman was there and we got some friendlies. He played Chibo first round, close matches but lost. Beat a meh MK round 1 winners then lost to YoshQ I think. He doesn't like the ditto so he played ness and falcon against me. I apparently don't know the falcon MU. Nair beats up-b I know, but his uair ***** ;_;

Might be taking a break for a while, maybe switching characters who knows. Not really the best of weekends for me...

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Thanks for the support guys! I didn't do too hot this weekend. Ninjalink went falco against me, took him to last stock 88% (crazy nair gimp >.<) then he switched to rob when I picked frigate and 2 stocked me. Mav was all falco, should have had him first match (first kill for first 2 stocks, fell apart last stock). Took him to frigate and just didn't play well at all.
Maybe you should try a different cp?
I apparently don't know the falcon MU. Nair beats up-b I know, but his uair ***** ;_;
To gimp with nair, it has to be sweetspotted I assume? I always get the timing wrong.
Might be taking a break for a while, maybe switching characters who knows. Not really the best of weekends for me...
Losses are acceptable, just keep trying. =)

Sure, why not. Well actually, I can just record my matches and upload to youtube and link you. 3 min replay limit is lame. If anyone wants to record their replays, check out this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233863
And if you absolultely need to, I can record as well, but I'm lazy about that. I'd like to get some vids up for puff. Oh and if SNO doesn't do the puff video thread, then I might attempt..

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Sup dudes. Had a great MLG, kinda awful brackets (lol at EVERYONE else in my crew getting byes) for both singles and doubles but I can't complain, I still got a win in each and had really close matches with people better than me. (Though apparently my lack of sleep causes TERRIBLE counter-pick ideas! Heh...) My friendlies went excellent too; I even won every money match I did.

Frame was a cool guy to meet. I wanted to play you in some more friendlies as Puff vs. other people and talk to you about tactics, but you vanished. :(

In terms of personal tactics, it was weird. I was playing really well in terms of reads and bread-and-butter spacing, while a few other things made it clear that I hadn't played Jigglypuff in months. I kept standing grab the wrong way (did this as Falcon too) and didn't keep fair fresh as often as I should have. I still don't use DACUS or Rest, though I made a conscious effort to improve on that: I got the last kill in one of my games with a DACUS and I landed a Rest in doubles. (Still, not much.)

I had a lot of good friendlies with NinjaLink (who is awesome) at the hotel room, who pointed out that I really needed to take advantage of jab locks more, especially out of weak nairs. This is something I specifically want to work on and maximize use of.

Also, I can safely say after this event that I am completely right about the MK and Falco matchups, just throwing that out there. They really are neutral and any Jigglypuff that thinks otherwise should show up to the next MLG and prove it. :p

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I was never certain with the Mk MU. I felt that if he is Shuttle loop happy, then he is easy. If he Dair camps, then he is somewhat easy to beat. F-tilt happy MKs are not so nice to deal with.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I was never certain with the Mk MU. I felt that if he is Shuttle loop happy, then he is easy. If he Dair camps, then he is somewhat easy to beat. F-tilt happy MKs are not so nice to deal with.
If anything, it's the opposite of that.

Dair is really annoying and tough to deal with. It makes Jiggs fight slower at the least. It's the one big advantage MK does have.

SH is kinda irritating if they are good, nothing awful but it keeps you on your toes. Bad MKs SL glide attack into your shield, get grabbed, and you laugh.

F-tilt, especially when spammed constantly, is like free grab handouts.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I hope that MK MU isn't based off of the mk you played in brackets. He was not very good. I'd imagine you played a couple of top-end MKs as well. My question would be: do they know the match up?

Once the MK knows how to fight jiggs, it's no longer 50:50. I guarantee it!

Also the Falco MU sucks. I had to work my *** for both sets against falco, while they just kinda relied on simple lasers and high-priority moves... Falco's nair too good...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I really like playing falco with jiggs. I wish I had much of a chance to use Jiggs in MLG friendlies, but I barely had any so I used my main.

Nice meeting you, Thinkaman =D. I wanted to meet you too, Framerate, but you seemed to want to be to yourself after the match with mav =(

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord

Dair is really annoying and tough to deal with. It makes Jiggs fight slower at the least. It's the one big advantage MK does have.

SH is kinda irritating if they are good, nothing awful but it keeps you on your toes. Bad MKs SL glide attack into your shield, get grabbed, and you laugh.

glide attack into shield will push you too far back to grab :/
and i'll try the replay thing, i still want to exchange with peeps too. PM me fcs and codes

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
glide attack into shield will push you too far back to grab :/
Right, that's why I said bad MKs only. However, glide attack isn't the most flexible thing to space, making it one of the few cases where moving on the ground as Jigglypuff has any tangible benefit. Even against good MKs you can ge them to glide attack too close about one in five times or so. Since none of the others are hitting you or setting up MK, that's still a net win. (Far easier for them to mess up than you, in other words.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Mostly money johns. And didn't wanna travel that far for a tourney.

I ended up going on vacation anyway, so it wasn't a huge deal, but I kinda wish it'd been closer so I could've attended. ;-;

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Right, that's why I said bad MKs only. However, glide attack isn't the most flexible thing to space, making it one of the few cases where moving on the ground as Jigglypuff has any tangible benefit. Even against good MKs you can ge them to glide attack too close about one in five times or so. Since none of the others are hitting you or setting up MK, that's still a net win. (Far easier for them to mess up than you, in other words.
Your not taking into account a lot of things that mk can do after a glide attack on shield. Your best option to punish a glide attack is to full hop dair when he swoops down, he'll try to shuttle loop immediately after and you can then catch him in another dair depending on his di, you can deal the most reliable damage in punishing the move this way.
and you can't assume someone is a bad mk during a tournament match. Even my little sister can shuttle loop after a glide attack and thats just free shield pressure for MR. Rage Knight

Framerate

Smash Lord
My set with mav was awful...

Didn't know anyone was watching it.

Why didn't anyone watch my set with ninjalink?!

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

As long as they don't jump too high while d-air camping, I remember it easy to hit them if you bait their f/b-air. SH happy MKs get gRaped by the drill. F-tilt spammers I found hard to deal with if they don't use the third hit. Keep in mind the most legit experience I have had is AiB ladder, which is not very legit considering it's Wi-Fi.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
you have to jump over mk if hes f-tliting, shift to the side hes not f-tilting (he may change sides)and bair(fastfalled most likely,if he jumps maybe not), and be prepared to dair for when he shuttle loops, which he'll likely do if hes an f-tilt camper. Fade the bair, but land laglessly. Just repeat and don't go for pounds unless hes two jumps(or more) high in the air. Also use dash attack to punish things as you land(you can never tell with wifi knights)

Frolossus

Smash Lord
ok
i feel epic now cause before like literally everyday i would be sick for like as long as i can remember but then i made the connection that i was probably lactose intolerant so i stopped drinking regular milk everyday and so far i feel better then i probably ever have been :D

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
ok
i feel epic now cause before like literally everyday i would be sick for like as long as i can remember but then i made the connection that i was probably lactose intolerant so i stopped drinking regular milk everyday and so far i feel better then i probably ever have been :D
late epiphany is late.
yay :3
how long has that been going on anyway?

Top Bottom